Medicare open enrollment has begun! Learn all about it in AARP's guide to Medicare made easy.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP DATING SITE

Message 31 of 59

I agree completely. It has impacted my ability to trust men. 

~Sheila...'stand at the window as the tears scald and start; you shall love your crooked neighbour with your crooked heart' Auden
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 59

I love the idea of an AARP dating/friendship website.  It would be great to find the next "love of my life" but I would also like to see my circle of friends expand.    

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 59

Why doesn't AARP have their own dating site since all AARP members are 50 and above. It would be a great way to connect in a safe online place. What do you say AARP??? 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 59
I agree. Smiley Happy
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 59

Were out here, maybe you are looking in the wrong places? 

Big world ya know, I agree with the dating site BS, just an overall smoke screen for someone to tell you who they want to be and in reality of who they are not.

I guess it all depends what a person is looking for. I see many woman in many places, but I don't see "the woman".  I suppose it gets harder to find someone when you are looking for the "one".

Did you ever here other people saying they can't find anyone? I watched people closely wherever I went for a few days.  All I saw was people looking at their Iphones or/and looking down at the ground when going into a shopping center, the gas stations,  the supermarket, etc. It was really strange to watch other people not even hardly make contact with other people. So it's a no wonder nobody can find anyone if they are looking in all the wrong places.

Best wishes to ya, and keep looking, there are still some out here made to your specifications, look everywhere and you will find the right one looking back.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 59

It is very hard to find a sincere person even on the more reputable sites. Very sad for the honest folks who are mature, stable, and real!!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 59

My experience with online dating has been a disaster. Fake profiles, scammers, and jerks trying to get their rocks off. It is sad that the majority of people on these sites aren't sincere. They don't make em like they used to!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 59

When I go to that site, nothing comes up. I have tried several dating sites with no luck. I think that older people are set in their ways and don't want to bend. It is even harder for me to meet someone because I am gay.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 59

I agree.  I am no longer a driver, either and sometimes it drives me crazy.  I have to depend on others for transportation and how can I meet a nice gentleman when I can't get out of the house?

Gloria McLaughlin
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 59
Dear Pete,
Don't wait around...you will find nice gals who don't mind driving