Are you a caregiver? Tell us how you plan your getaway with loved ones for a chance to enter a weekly prize drawing.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP DATING SITE

Message 21 of 57

I understand your quandry completely.  I've been in similar situations and have not had the guts to say anything despite feeling that there is a mutual connection.  I feel like men from my generation are unlikely to want a woman to make the advance but at the same time they don't seem like they want to either.  Probably as hard for a man to risk rejection as it is a woman.  No advice I'm afraid - just commiserating with you.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 57

It is sad and I do feel sorry for the good guys who can never get a foot in the door because so many losers are clogging the path. I met a really nice guy yesterday who was the porter driving me from the dealership to my office and back. Nice guy - and btw I don’t care what your ‘profession’ is - as soon as I got in the car he started talking about his deaf daughter and we just clicked - I started talking about mine and before you knew it we were laughing like old friends. So now I’m the one who’s afraid - I want to get to know more about him - but “girls don’t chase boys”.  So now what? Just leave a great chance encounter on the table? Sadly, patience is not really my forte’. 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 57
Amen!!! I don't know where you are but it sounds like the same kind of men in my area too! So sad! I'm finding I'm so cautious and wary when it comes to meeting people online and in the 17mon since I've been single again (after a 21yr marriage), online dating is nothing more than a system where I am giving up quality for quantity. I'm not into "volume dating" and would much rather have a handful of really good dates than a boatload of really bad and/or mediorcre dates.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 57

I need a new circle of friends and they aren’t on any of the latest dating web sites. What I’ve found ‘out there’ are a bunch of guys who want your money, act like they want a relationship and then vanish - literally- when things get too real for them. (I’m not giving up my financial security to anyone) Those who don’t want your money are married or for some other reason ‘emotionally unavailable’.   

What I’ve found outside the dating websites is a bunch of men afraid of approaching women. Sure they see you in church or at the grocery but due to today’s political correctness will not approach a woman for the fear of being loudly rejected, called a creep or worse, or just not heard as being interested. I actually feel sad for single guys because the places of meeting someone are now reduced to a singles bar or some other unsavory location. Who has time for that?  Come on AARP - we all want love and validation - please set up a way to help us meet each other. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 57
I am new to all of this, just joined AARP. One of the reasons I joined, other than the discounts, is because I thought they had a dating site. I have had my share of disappointments with the usual dating sites. Since this section is titled "AARP Dating Site" why not turn it into one?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 57

I too wish that there was an AARP dating site.  Even though it is a large membership, I still feel insulated and more secure with AARP members than any other site.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 57

Uber!  I don't drive either since I sold my car two years ago.  When I did own a car, I was spending $400-$500 a month on transportation.  Now I spend around $200 a month.  I don't have to worry about car payments, insurance, repairs, gas, parking, etc.  It's so easy and convenient too!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 57
Agree!
~Sheila...'stand at the window as the tears scald and start; you shall love your crooked neighbour with your crooked heart' Auden
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 57

I agree completely. It has impacted my ability to trust men. 

~Sheila...'stand at the window as the tears scald and start; you shall love your crooked neighbour with your crooked heart' Auden
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 57

I love the idea of an AARP dating/friendship website.  It would be great to find the next "love of my life" but I would also like to see my circle of friends expand.    

Kudos
Views