Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: 68 y/o Widower in Washington state seeks friendship, companionship, love?

Message 31 of 33
Thanks for your advice! I'm glad you have such a rich life. I like to travel too, but not alone. How kind of you to donate time to Habitat for Humanity! Taking courses is a great idea. I'll have to check at the Senior Center in our town and see if they have any courses coming up.

Interesting you should mention taking a cooking class. I have been thinking the same thing. I'll call the local community college to see if they offer anything. I don't know where else to find out about one. Anyway, thanks for your reply, I think it contains some good advice.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Re: 68 y/o Widower in Washington state seeks friendship, companionship, love?

Message 32 of 33

Wishing you the best.  I am a divorcee in TX, but I have some thoughts on where you can meet someone that might be a good fit.....  I like to travel, and am heading to Australia and New Zealand in May, so I'm taking an course in March for people who like to travel and learning about other cultures.  I also signed up to work on building a home for a family with Habitat for Humanity.  I meet guys all the time at the Home Depot because I'm a female do-it-yourselfer.  Met some great women and guys when I was in Seattle in Oct and interesting folks on the Big Bus Tour when I was in London in May.   Do what you like to do and the women that like to do the same things will be in your surroundings..  Have you tried taking a cooking course?

Best of luck!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

68 y/o Widower in Washington state seeks friendship, companionship, love?

Message 33 of 33

Hi Everyone. I live near Olympia, WA and lost my wife a little over a year ago. I'm looking for a friendship which might lead to a warm, loving relationship. I don't know if this is a good place to start, but I've had it with a few "senior dating" sites so thought I'd try to meet someone here. I'm a very loving, sensitive guy, looking for a lady who is the same. Age isn't important to me, but compassion and romance are.

I won't waste your time, but I'll tell you more about myself if you're interested or curious. If you are, or if you have any good ideas about how a widower can start over in the dating world, please let me know! Thanks...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors