Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 68 y/o Widower in Washington state seeks friendship, companionship, love?

Message 21 of 33

@r447879w 

Hey there be careful

AARP doesn't have a dating site from what I understand they tried it years ago took too much away from their goals and hopes for the program

Please be careful There are many articles available  to you  from AARP site that you can read how to protect yourself from a Scam 

This community does offer private messages between members You just click on user name it'll show you list of persons activity here 

Also you can put a Bio about yourself I have one if wanna check out what looks like I've not found any others with one but if you'd like to tell folks about yourself be a good tool 

Community workers will remove any personal information you post on a Thread(what we're writing on now)  but you can share private information such as Email phone numbers through personal messages

Hope this helps Again can't stress enough use caution & your head Don't send money or gift cards or ect to anyone 

Be careful Good Luck in finding your heart's desire.

Take care

Ginger  : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 33

Hello,

I really wasn't aware you responded. This is the first time I've seen anything. You can use the Private Messaging function,[email address removed to protect your online privacy]. I took early retirement in SE Asia. I have been here about 15 months and I've gotten homesick for America. I would enjoy connecting with you. First with technology. and in the future who knows. Either way. I see our corresponding as a positive. I hope to hear from you soon. I do have Skype and Line too. Thanks Jeff

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 33
Kind of hard for women to trust dating on this site when we really do not know one another's real name or anything. Personally, I wish AARP would drop the "code names" for us and allow us to connect using our real names just like the other dating sites do.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 33

Hi MK. No, I've been a bit dissappointed with this message board. I'd hoped that AARP would have a dating type page, where seniors like you and I could meet friends and possible mates. This board is as close as it gets, so I thought I'd post something on here and see how it works. I haven't gotten any responses that I had hoped for, however. Looks like someone named Jeff might have had some success under my posting, though. Smiley Happy

I'm in a relationship now, but it's kind of iffy, on and off, depending on her attitude. I'm not actively looking now, but if my relationship doesn't get better I'll be looking again. Good luck to Jeff, and to you, and to me.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 33

Hi Jeff, I was hoping I'd hear back from you by now. Anita from Vt

anita M blakely
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 33

Hello,

I'm Jeff. At present, I'm on early retirement in SE Asia but slowly getting homesick for the states. I was wondering if you would like to correspond with me, giving us a chance to learn more about each other and see where it goes. To start, I'm originally from that little state called RI where I grew up and did my high school. After that, I moved to Fl. where I stayed for 20 years before moving to Hi. Upon separation, I went back to FL and decided it would be a good time to retire overseas where the cost of living is much less.                     Hope to hear from you soon, Jeff [personal email address removed from public view to protect your online information]

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 33

@mk87967507 

Hey Matthew 

I wouldn't post your email on thread I believe they will remove it if you do 

FYI In case your unaware you can send private personal messages here on the site. 

If you meet someone like to chat with possibly give your email I would suggest using that as a tool. All you have to do is click on users name it'll bring up that persons info I made a bio on mine and you may find others that have & you can do one for yourself. Just go to bottom of the list it'll have contact me Send this person message Also can friend them and also block users if becomes necessary in the same area.

Good luck in your search

I struggle with finding ways to connect.... when no longer work takes effort and "getting out of the house" which is my hardship don't believe they'll come to the door.... One day at a time 

Have a beautiful day! 

Ginger  ; ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 33

Hi DP,

Have you had any success in your dating

on Aarp?

It is so frustrating!  I am male, 66 single and

using POF and silver singles, getting nowhere

fast!!

Is it ok to put my email on here?  I think it's

safe enough, but I don't want to violate rules.

Looking for a woman, btw.

Thanks if anyone can help, please..

Matthew

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 33

Hi I am a 64 year old single woman looking for a friend. I live in Vermont. I am a home provider for a young man who has autism. He has a day program and goes out each day. I like my job because I can work from home. I live in my ancestors home which has been in the family for 146 years. I like genealogy. I like to go for walks, cooking, like going to antique stores, working around the house, very crafty and much more. I have tried dating sites but find they are full with scammers. I would love to find a male friend and start as penpals. Anita

anita M blakely
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 33

Central Market (grocer here in TX) offers cooking classes... You might want to see what the grocers there offer, or suggest it to them..  There are independent classes too, some catering companies.

We do house parties here where everyone brings a cover dish, sometimes we all get in the kitchen and prepare the meal together and then play cards, board games and dominos or listen to music and watch movies... some single, some married.

What about wine tastings if you like wine.

Kudos
Views