When it comes to your workout, there are good reasons not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: 68 y/o Widower in Washington state seeks friendship, companionship, love?

Message 21 of 28

Hello,

I'm Jeff. At present, I'm on early retirement in SE Asia but slowly getting homesick for the states. I was wondering if you would like to correspond with me, giving us a chance to learn more about each other and see where it goes. To start, I'm originally from that little state called RI where I grew up and did my high school. After that, I moved to Fl. where I stayed for 20 years before moving to Hi. Upon separation, I went back to FL and decided it would be a good time to retire overseas where the cost of living is much less.                     Hope to hear from you soon, Jeff [personal email address removed from public view to protect your online information]

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 28

@mk87967507 

Hey Matthew 

I wouldn't post your email on thread I believe they will remove it if you do 

FYI In case your unaware you can send private personal messages here on the site. 

If you meet someone like to chat with possibly give your email I would suggest using that as a tool. All you have to do is click on users name it'll bring up that persons info I made a bio on mine and you may find others that have & you can do one for yourself. Just go to bottom of the list it'll have contact me Send this person message Also can friend them and also block users if becomes necessary in the same area.

Good luck in your search

I struggle with finding ways to connect.... when no longer work takes effort and "getting out of the house" which is my hardship don't believe they'll come to the door.... One day at a time 

Have a beautiful day! 

Ginger  ; ) 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 28

Hi DP,

Have you had any success in your dating

on Aarp?

It is so frustrating!  I am male, 66 single and

using POF and silver singles, getting nowhere

fast!!

Is it ok to put my email on here?  I think it's

safe enough, but I don't want to violate rules.

Looking for a woman, btw.

Thanks if anyone can help, please..

Matthew

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 28

Hi I am a 64 year old single woman looking for a friend. I live in Vermont. I am a home provider for a young man who has autism. He has a day program and goes out each day. I like my job because I can work from home. I live in my ancestors home which has been in the family for 146 years. I like genealogy. I like to go for walks, cooking, like going to antique stores, working around the house, very crafty and much more. I have tried dating sites but find they are full with scammers. I would love to find a male friend and start as penpals. Anita

anita M blakely
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 28

Central Market (grocer here in TX) offers cooking classes... You might want to see what the grocers there offer, or suggest it to them..  There are independent classes too, some catering companies.

We do house parties here where everyone brings a cover dish, sometimes we all get in the kitchen and prepare the meal together and then play cards, board games and dominos or listen to music and watch movies... some single, some married.

What about wine tastings if you like wine.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 28
Thanks for your advice! I'm glad you have such a rich life. I like to travel too, but not alone. How kind of you to donate time to Habitat for Humanity! Taking courses is a great idea. I'll have to check at the Senior Center in our town and see if they have any courses coming up.

Interesting you should mention taking a cooking class. I have been thinking the same thing. I'll call the local community college to see if they offer anything. I don't know where else to find out about one. Anyway, thanks for your reply, I think it contains some good advice.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 28

Wishing you the best.  I am a divorcee in TX, but I have some thoughts on where you can meet someone that might be a good fit.....  I like to travel, and am heading to Australia and New Zealand in May, so I'm taking an course in March for people who like to travel and learning about other cultures.  I also signed up to work on building a home for a family with Habitat for Humanity.  I meet guys all the time at the Home Depot because I'm a female do-it-yourselfer.  Met some great women and guys when I was in Seattle in Oct and interesting folks on the Big Bus Tour when I was in London in May.   Do what you like to do and the women that like to do the same things will be in your surroundings..  Have you tried taking a cooking course?

Best of luck!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

68 y/o Widower in Washington state seeks friendship, companionship, love?

Message 28 of 28

Hi Everyone. I live near Olympia, WA and lost my wife a little over a year ago. I'm looking for a friendship which might lead to a warm, loving relationship. I don't know if this is a good place to start, but I've had it with a few "senior dating" sites so thought I'd try to meet someone here. I'm a very loving, sensitive guy, looking for a lady who is the same. Age isn't important to me, but compassion and romance are.

I won't waste your time, but I'll tell you more about myself if you're interested or curious. If you are, or if you have any good ideas about how a widower can start over in the dating world, please let me know! Thanks...

Kudos
Views
Replies