On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: 51 Married but want more sex in College Station Texas

Message 1 of 5

Hold on. I was like that too. She's going through a hormone imbalance. I started hormone replacement therapy, a place just for women, and they started giving me shots of testosterone. Yes, testosterone! Women need a healthy balance of estrogen, progestrogen and testosterone. I was low on the latter. They ran bloodwork and I was low on thyroid, Vitamin D, all types of things. I've been going every 10 days now for about 4 weeks and I can attest that it works!!!! It will save anyone's marriage, and she will get that kick in her step again. I was also having the worst mood swings, crying, and oh the anger! That has stopped as well.  

I would google Hormone Replacement Therapy in your area. A regular MD won't necessarily agree with this kind of treatment for all women, but the Doctors there sure know what they are doing. Don't give up just yet.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Larry and I have found a few things that really seem to help us with similar issues. First, we set a date night each week. This in itself is important, because we don't forget to make time for each other. We turn off the phones, start with a nice dinner, then we have a little ritual that helps us connect. We lie in bed and cuddle up, then 1) give each other appreciations; 2) tell each other our hopes and dreams; 3) share any news we haven't yet shared; 4) ask for clarification on anything that is puzzling us about the other person;  and 5) express any requests for change. One of my counselors told me about this and it's lovely. You may wonder why this works to jump-start our sexuality? Because we make the time to cuddle and share our intimate thoughts, and through the appreciations, we realize how much we value each other, and we truly hear each other. After doing this, we often get into physical sex, with fun, sexy activities, lube, toys, and/or movies. Whatever we want at the time. Works for us! Maybe at first your wife wouldn't be ready to be sexual, but she might warm into it if you connect through non-pressured intimacy first. Hope this is a help.  

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Give her a little more time.  It does come back as hormones level off.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

When you find out, let me know.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

51 Married but want more sex in College Station Texas

Message 5 of 5

I am happily married at 51 but my wife has totally lost her drive as she goes through menopause. I have never stepped out on marriage but any and all intimacy is gone. Suggestions

Kudos
Views
Replies