Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

THURS FEB 17th OUR BONUS GAME CONTINUES

Honored Social Butterfly

THURS FEB 17th OUR BONUS GAME CONTINUES

Hi Everyone, our storm continues,rained all night and the snow and wind started this morning, hit our little town hard! The snow plow went down the roads a little while ago.but it will be covered again soon.

Hope your weather is better than our's.

Here are the numbers for tonight>

B-10 I-17 N-37 G-60-O-69

I-30 G-53 B-1 I-27

G-56 O-70 N-35 N-40

Good Luck. made a pot roast for supper, smelling good.

Contributor

How do I play? Is there a Bingo board? Thanks!

Silver Conversationalist

I let @catsinjammies know how to play Bingo.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@catsinjammies Once your private messaging is enabled we can tell you how to play Bingo.

0 Kudos
Contributor

How do I enable private messaging?

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Welcome back @miliannie ! Have a nice trip @im2bizzie !

Conversationalist

Thanks @LindaB671 

Regular Social Butterfly

Hi everybody!

I'm back!  Actually, I've been back since 2/8, but had a gazillion things to catch up.  Finally, everything is taken care of today.

Where were we for almost a month?  We went on a Crystal Cruise on 1/17 from Miami and were supposed to stay on the ship for 132 days cruising all over the Caribbean Sea, the Mediterranean Sea, a few days on the Black Sea and the Dardanelles, ending in Los Angeles on 5/29. NOT.  On 1/19 all passengers and crew got an email from Crystal headquarters announcing the cruise was to end on 1/30 in Aruba, due to the parent company, Genting Hong Kong, entering receivership.  The passengers were devastated and the crew were reeling in disbelief.  Whereas the passengers have means to recoup their money more or less, the crew counted on their ship employment to support their families back home.  Our hearts and prayers go out to them.

From 1/19 we deviated quite a bit from our scheduled ports-of-call.  Instead of visiting 9 ports, we docked at 3 only.  Instead of getting off in Aruba, we sailed on to Bimini and ended the cruise there.  We were told of a few reasons, but we think the main reason was that no one wanted a ship from a bankrupt company dock at their limited port space.

We arrived in Bimini in the morning of 1/31. That same evening all passengers and guest entertainers were ferried to Port Everglades, Florida.  After one short night in the Miami Hilton paid by Crystal Cruise, the passengers were on their own. 

During the sailing from the last port to Aruba, then Bimini , we all scrambled to book air to go home or to other travel points. Book. Cancel. Book. Cancel. Luckily, I was not easily daunted by this computer task.  We safely went on to visit families on the mainland (48 states) for a week afterwards, then came back home and self quarantined  for a week. (Our test was negative, and we were not sick.  But we wanted to be safe for our community.)

On Trip protection insurance,  we made the mistake of purchasing an Allianz policy through Crystal.  There's an obscure escape clause stating that the insurance purchased through a third party does not cover DEFAULT, if that 3rd party goes out of business.  No one, at least not among the passengers, had any idea that Crystal was in extreme financial trouble to the point of near bankruptcy. Crystal Cruises were a 6 star category company as they offered all inclusive service onboard.  We hope our credit card company will bail us out.

Jen, I'll be joining y'all starting Monday.  Please do send me a card this Sunday. Thank you.

Honored Social Butterfly

Wow, sounds like some MISadventure that you had. I certainly hope you can recoup at least some of your money, that's a terrible thing to do to people.  We are so glad you are back and look forward to having you at bingo on Monday.

Social Butterfly

Welcome back @miliannie . What an ordeal. I hope at least the part you did get to cruise was enjoyable. Glad you were safe and well. And it was nice to visit family. Good luck with bingo at least. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

miliannie, So glad to have you back!

Sounds like you had a lot going on.Hope you were able to enjoy some of it.

Welcome home, see you on Monday,jen.

Honored Social Butterfly

Oops, made a booboo last night, it was 3 for 3 not 4 for 2, got another 3 tonight so now I need 4 more. It's 75 here now and we actually made it to 81, wow. Good luck everyone.

Jen, you stay safe inside, don' go venturing out. The pot roast sounds great.

Conversationalist

Only 3 numbers tonight. 4 more needed for a bingo and 5 for a full card.

We have a severe rain and thunderstorm about an hour away from us. Winds up to and over 50 miles per hour, yikes!

Not sure if I will be on here tomorrow or not, we are heading to Ohio in the morning and not sure if I am bringing my laptop or not.  If I am not, stay safe and have a great weekend.

Social Butterfly

Have a fun if you can and a safe trip @im2bizzie .

Conversationalist

Thanks @Vexed 

Honored Social Butterfly

Have a safe trip.

Conversationalist

Thank you @SassiLady

Social Butterfly

We had snow this morning very windy and cold. Supposed to be nicer tomorrow. Doesn't sound good for you @jen43 , but nice having pot roast. Hope it gets better soon. I still need numbers. Good luck all.

Honored Social Butterfly

We had Storm roll thru this morning into the evening, the sun is out shinning now hope it's all over with. I got a few numbers for the # still need a lot more.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP