Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

Info Re # BINGO

This may help you all find and check your card for the correct placement of the BINGO.

Looking vertically at the card.

Under the B-the 2nd and 4th number

Under the I-all the numbers

Under the N-the 2nd and 4th number

Under the G-all the numbers

Under the O-the 2nd and 4th number

Hope this helps, Jen, See you tonight.

Honored Social Butterfly

Since I don't use Excel I make my card on a 3x3 postit. When the regular game is over and Jen does a bonus game I just take my hiliter and hilite the columns that are needed for the bonus game.  I should be ashamed to admit this but I couldn't tell you how many courses I had for excel and for some reason I could never get it through my head. This is from someone that was studying computer programming in college nights. I hope no one from those days finds this. LOL

Regular Social Butterfly

I'm a part self-taught and part please-show-me Excel user.  In 1985 I had to catch on to Excel quickly because I was a single woman business owner who had to do it all.   Equipped with "Excel for Dummies",  I first learned how to create an inventory document.  It saved me a ton of time. 

Oh, by the way, I admit to have been a Commodore 64 owner in the 70's.  Took it home, unwrapped it set it up and just looked at it  for a couple years.  Then I gave it to Salvation Army !!!!!  It's kinda like the story of the farmer who went into the eyeglass shop, and bought a pair of reading glasses.  When he came home, he whipped out his new glasses, put it over his nose bridge, grabbed a newspaper, turned it over, and over a few times.   Frustrated, he carefully put it back in the box and returned it to the eye-wear shop the next time he went to town.  "I want to return these.  I still can't read the paper with them." "Really, maybe you need something stronger ? Here, try these on." "Well, I can see the print really clear with these, but I still can't read them.  I thought reading glasses will help me read those prints,  not just make them prints bigger."

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@miliannie, thanks for the info and the laugh I got this am when I read this missive, at the time I was still working and only wanted to learn for my own purposes. So, since the company paid for it I opted to take the class, we had a couple of 1/2 day classes at work. Then the presidents secretary/assistant who was a good friend said she was going to take a night class and would I like to join her, so I did, from what I can remember it was three or four classes in the evening. I am sorry (and ashamed) to say that they didn't help. I think I only got more confused. I could use a setup if someone had created it but for some stupid reason I still had come mental blocks on some things. This was back in the mid 1990's and I have since been retired since 2002. Now I can sit and laugh about it even though I couldn't back then. I reckon some things are just not meant to be.   Hugs from Florida

Social Butterfly

I understand the hash tag, it is just hard to look at with the other numbers already marked to see if there is a bingo. So, I decided just filled out another bingo card with my numbers and just mark the hash tag placements. Thanks @jen43 I appreciate the concern. 

Conversationalist

I have my bingo card set up in excel. I color the called numbers in yellow for the regular game. When we move to the bonus game, I highlight the needed numbers in red that will complete the figure we are to create. When they are called, I change that color to yellow. Then when all the red blocks are gone, you then have a bingo. I would attach a picture but do not see how that is possible. if anyone wants me to email it to them, just let me know.

Regular Social Butterfly

I do it like you.  And I keep all my bingo cards on Excel.  When Jen sends me a new card, it takes me no time to clean up the equivalent one on file so I can play it again.  On the Bonus game, I sometimes change the numbers of the new bonus pattern in Bold or italics.  The only caution I have about saving your cards is to edit any formatted info that you had copied and pasted from  AARP bingo page onto your own bingo file.  Otherwise, all those "unscrubbed" formats can slow down your computer performance.  (This I learned from my computer guru nephew!)

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I don't keep any completed bingo games in excel. I use only one card; delete the numbers we just used and enter the new ones on the same card. I do not copy and paste anything from AARP into my spreadsheet, so I am not sure what you are talking about for that! I have Jen's number post full screen, and I minimize the excel screen. I look at the numbers and type them into the spreadsheet.  Nothing is copied and pasted.

Conversationalist

I understood yesterday, but thanks for posting ๐Ÿ˜

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP