Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

horror movies

I would love to talk to someone about their love for horror movies.

Super Contributor

I haven't seen that one but it seems a good plot.  Wasn't there a movie... something similar wherein Steven King did a cameo?

People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance. - Meme
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171 wrote:

I haven't seen that one but it seems a good plot.  Wasn't there a movie... something similar wherein Steven King did a cameo?

Are you talking to me about The Curse?  In case you are, one of the short stories on Creep Show matches your description.

Creep Show honored horror comic books published 1949-1954.  I have a small collection.

Super Contributor

@aruzinsky  Yes, I should have been more specific there.  I believe the SK story I'm referring to did appear in Creep Show, as you noted.  It was called Weeds, I think.

People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance. - Meme
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Has anyone else seen The Curse (1987) with Claude Akins?  It's about a meteor that lands on a farm, melts, and contaminates the ground water.  The people who drink the well water first go insane and then sort of melt.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@Rhymesometimes I have to second you on, "The Fly," with Jeff Goldblum; that was excellent! 

SPOILER ALERT:
  Also too though, was that ending scene in the original version with "fly/man" caught in the spider's web, "Help me!  Help me!"  - Still gives me the creepies. 

I am a huge fan of psychological thrillers as well and usually stick to those, but I have to give a shout out to one "slasher" movie that is actually good, well written, well acted and even has a cameo by Sigourney Weaver, "The Cabin in the Woods."  I admit there were parts I could not watch, but this movie is worth it. 

Other than that, it's pretty much psychological thrillers (and ghost stories) for me.  Has anyone seen, "Get Out."  That was great.  

Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171  Right before bedtime, and now thinking of that help me! scene.  Ugh! 😝

Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

@Rhymesometimes I know, right?  The really was a truly creep scene.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@RobertH746873  First, welcome to the online community!  It's awesome that you have jumped right in and posted!  I have to go with the classic Psycho.  Also have to add The Fly with Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis.  Yeck! Not really a fan of the genre, but love any Hitchcock movies. Horror or thriller?

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I only like horror because I like original ideas of the science fiction kind.  I dislike horror stories that can really happen such as Hostel.  And I hate it when melodrama is presented in the guise of science fiction, e.g., The Walking Dead. Melodrama writers are a dime a dozen but good science fiction writers are hard to find.

I recommend the miniseries, Childhood's End.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

and @JulieB312795 let's have a group! I also love "horror" (although I think of some as noire).

Let's chat (and as David Bowie sang... "put on your red dress")...

#StaySafe

#RIP_Colin_Powell

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello Robert,

I absolutely thrive on horror movies. I am a lover of most things that are strange, weird, and paranormal.

As long as I can remember, I have been a fan of horror. 

My love for all things horror has matured over the years. I do not prefer the bloody slasher movies, or the B horror movies. I enjoy the psychological thrillers; movies that keep me on the edge of my seat, with plot twists to keep me guessing (unpredictable). 

I could go on and on about my love for horror. But would like to see if there is something specific you want know. Or, a direction you want the topic of conversation to go?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP