Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 41 of 51

Your story is hilarious!  Please know that out of your DIY haircut you may have found a path as a comedian!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 51

I have been self isolating since March,  however I may not go out again for months . The reason: I attempted a DIY haircut!!  I kept procrastinating.  Putting the haircut  on and off and then on and off again...well you get the picture.

My  Save A Buck Salon is located in a major grocery store, so I was reluctant to go to a place where hundreds of people were buying bleach and squeezing melons .

Did I mention I can also be impulsive?  Last Thursday  as I was washing my hands,  I spotted  a manicuring scissors sitting on the bathroom counter . I looked at my mane in the mirror and thought why not?? After attacking the rogue mullet cascading down my neck  I snipped  up the sides and fringed the bangs. Don’t try to picture it. I have draped the mirrors!

Well now I have to procrastinate, If hair grows about a half inch a month I may be ready to go out by Ground Hog Day!

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 51

I suggest you do it a little at a time.  If I try to do it all at once, it turns out badly.  This way, if you see something that looks a little ragged , you can go back and trim a bit. After about 5 or 6 trims, it usually turns out fine.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 51

My wife cuts mine about once a month, but it really doesn't make any difference. After men get over that 70 mark, we become totally invisible to women from 16 to 86, so lno one is going to notice a bad haircut. My 50-something Son is letting his grow long enough to put up in a pony-tail. I told him once he has that, he's going to have to take up a musical instrument and learn jazz. The last jazz concert I went to, about half of those white-haired old boys were sporting ponies!

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 51

My last trip to a barber was in the mid-'70s. I bought a set of electric clippers for the price of about two trips to the barber. I've been cutting my own hair ever since. While I do have a newer set of clippers I bought about 20 years ago, I just have those still in their box in case my old clippers ever give out.

I went through a phase when I'd buzz my head every few weeks, but I've alternated through periods of using the included guides for a little bit longer hair and then I'd go around the edges to even things up with the bare clippers. I'd have to use a double mirror to get the back.

Since I retired 8 years ago and a few other times when I was still working, I've also had a beard, so I have used the guides to do the bulk of the trimming on my chin, above my lips, around my head, over my ears, and even for those three hairs still hanging on for dear life on top.

Once every few trims, my wife will notice a spot or two where I didn't quite get it right and take a minute or two to even up those parts or to get the hair on the back of my neck below a decent trim line.

Stay well!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 51

Ummmm...me.  Yup!  That would definitely be me!  Epic Fail!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 51

I've been cutting my own hair for years and since I stopped dying it I haven't been to a beauty parlor in a long time and don't think I'll ever return.  I keep it short and since its wavy this hides any bad snips.  Through practice I'm now proficient at it and really glad, especially now with the corona virus amongst us.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 51

I have colored my hair in the past---always successful.  Cut my bangs--always good.  The rest---I have learned to let my beautician take care of cutting my hair!

Candice Gourley
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 51

Hi...

The pop star and her family have embraced the DIY hair trend while in lockdown, after the singer and her son recovered from Covid-19. Pink showed off the results of her self-inflicted cut on Instagram, revealing the untidy sides of her head where she had attempted to trim with a razor. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 51

'm thinking about it-my hair's gotten long and

I am used to short/chin length hair.

I just have to make myself do it.