Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Which is your favorite "horror" movie?

Regular Social Butterfly

Which is your favorite "horror" movie?

For me, it's "Night of the Living Dead", hands down!

Hokie, I know but I just love this movie.

I also appreciate all of the "Glass" franchise movies (first time I actually appreciated Bruce Willis' acting 😉 and any/all of the "Purge" movies.

How 'bout you?

Happy Halloween!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Regular Contributor

I enjoy Cabin in the Woods, although I normally dislike scary films (I get easily scared!). They just frighten me, and I don't like it!) So I'm fairly confident I'm missing a lot of the film's play with genre conventions and the like.
I knew I wanted to see it on my sofa, but I went to the theater because I didn't sure how well I'd handle it and wanted to be able to pause it to take a break if necessary. Actually, it was fine, but you know.

Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

My favorite is Susperia by Dario Argento back when he actually cared.   Zero CGI in this scarey movie.    There has been a cgi remake.   Technically its far better, but is it scarier?  not a chance.   

Honored Social Butterfly

The only horror movie that I can truly say affected my psyche, and those of others according to subsequent conversations I have had about the movie, was......................

THE EXORCIST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfWJqKIxyGc

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @WebWiseWoman

To help you & others remember some of the titles....Here are

292 BEST HORROR MOVIES OF ALL TIME

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls003174642/?page=1

When I was 6-7 my 1st exposure to HORROR MOVIES was House on Haunted Hill (1959) starring Vincent Price, who I immediately liked from then on..... &13 Ghosts(1960) who I just learned were both directed by B MOVIE king William Castle (his one A MOVIE he produced was Rosemary's Baby). In theaters, most scenes of 13 Ghosts were in black-and-white, but scenes involving ghosts were shown in a process dubbed "Illusion-O". Audience members received viewing glasses with red and blue cellophane filters & given the choice to see the ghosts. Unlike with early 3D glasses having one eye red and the other cyan or blue (I still have an original pair I used at several 60s Movies), the Illusion-O device required viewers to look through a single color with both eyes...the red filter intensified the images of the ghosts, while the blue filter "removed" them. Later TV & home video releases were edited to simulate the effect without the need for special glasses.

I also loved all the sci-fi outer space genre of B Movies!

Social Butterfly

I remember those glasses too @Therapist4u . All the other 13 Ghost movies were never quite the same. Special effects improvements do not always make things better.

Bronze Conversationalist

"Signs" is an all-time favorite. The "Texas Chain Saw Massacre" and "Duel" are also favorites.

Social Butterfly

Too many to list but two of my favorites are:

The Others

The Haunting(1963)

Social Butterfly

My favorites are "B" movies of all kinds. But the worst best sci-fi horror "B" movie is Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Regular Social Butterfly

Too TRUE, Vexed! Completely forgot about this one as hasn't been on TV this season that I'm aware. Truly a shining example of "worst best"!

Thanks for the reminder of this!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP