Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What's everyone reading

I have been reading John Jakes's series Kent Family Chronicles. Have read 5 so far. It's a historical series of the trials and tribulations of a family who immigrated to the US back in early beginnings of the country. Starts a young boy and his mother who are fleeing England. His Mom dies on the voyage here and the boy is alone to start a new life. Loved it can't wait to finish series. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
Silver Conversationalist

Good for you Anne! I see that your post was written a while ago, so it's quite possible that you've finished the series by now. If so, I hope that it was as enjoyable as you made it sound.

I don't know what anyone else is reading, except what you were then but right now, I'm reading "How Proust Can Change Your Life" by Alain de Botton. I copied a description of the book from the author's website -

How Proust Can Change Your Life takes Marcel Proust's In Search of Lost Time as the basis for a sustained investigation into the power and significance of literature. Proust's novel, almost a byword for obscurity and irrelevance, emerges as an invaluable source of insight into the workings of love, society, art and the meaning of existence.

It's been a very interesting read, so far. I still have 14% left in it before I'm finished. But Mt Botton has written many other books and Proust's works, although few in number, are quite lengthy it seems. Maybe I'll look into those after I finish this one. But I also have a few Janet Evanovich novels that I'm anxious to read as well.

Thank you for enquiring. I think you began an excellent topic. I only hope that more readers will share as well. Cheers!!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP