Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 38

I would like to post this as an update. In addition to the fact that I keep active,at 84+ years old, I still work 2 Days a week at a Local Golf Course. This es a physical type position. In addition to keeping my mind active I keep my body active and get a lot of physical exercise. Although my Body keeps aging, I still feel like I am in my 50's or 60's. IO guess you might call this MIND over MATTER>

Johninnevada
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 38

One must take care of oneself in the thought of to survive.

Finding true happiness can be of help.

A good interaction with other people is nice.

Eat good food. Find a nice occupation. Live in a nice home.

Relax. Enjoy alone time.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 38

The secret to long life is the fountain of youth, but until I find it this is what I do:

1. Early to bed early to rise, avoiding night time stimuli such as tv, cell phone, internet, late night eating.

2. First thing upon awakening put a smile on your face (endorphine release) and give yourself a           positive message. I say "I am thankful, grateful and blessed" you choose.

3. Practice qigong energy breathing, active movements and meditations (every day). I chose Spring Forest Qigong. This has had the single BIGGEST impact on the quality of my life.

4. Diet, study diets and then create your own. Know one knows you better than you and this will     work best. I believe in supplements too, but you really have to do your homework here. There is a lot of expensive snake oil out there. Try as best as you can to use pharmaceutical grade products, because here you do get what you pay for and cheap can do more harm than good.

5. Exercise, again you choose. I love the mini rebounder (trampoline) for the aerobics portion, 6 minutes equals one mile (decide how far you want to go). This is the best exercise for your lymph system and is the most fun for the buck. Play some upbeat music to go with it and jump away. Also strength training, don't forget this part, it is very important.

6. Add ons are acupuncture, chinese cupping, hydrotherapy, and sunshine (I live in Arizona) but you can use an earthing mat indoors I enjoy that too. Last, my qigong mentor always says "what will be will be, what won't be won't be" Just chill, because if not today then tomorrow if not tomorrow then the next day but it will happen. The goal no matter what you choose is Good, Better, Best!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 38

I am a 96 year old WWII vet who enjoys volunteering two or three 8 hour days each week in a local hospital. I visit about 25 to 35 patients each day with puzzles and magazines to help them pass the time.  If you are able to help others, I find it adds a true purpose and possibly years to your life.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 38

My grandmother died one month shy of one hundred and three and was flushing the butts down the toilet when ever she could get a sigeret.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 38

Always inhale. As long as you inhale, you're fine. It's the exhalation, without the inhalation that'll kill you! 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 38

Move as much as you can or go to a gym for exercise at least 3 times a week doing at least 20 minutes 2 times a week of doing some weight lifting.  That takes care of your body.  So far to keep your mind busy, read at least 3 books a month of any kind of issue.  I prefer reading James Patterson a great novelist of fictional books.  I do not buy the books, I go to the library to get them.  I am also taking free on line courses from Hillsdale College, which I highly recommend.  They have many interesting themes like a study of the Constitution of the USA (101) followed by Constitution 201, Aristotles' ethics (one of the finest on line courses that I have ever taken), The Presidency and the Constitution, etc. You learn a lot (at least I do) and keep your brain working as you have to read certain excerpts from books about the subject matter and take quizzes all along.  Good luck!  And by the way stay out of the TV as much as you can.   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 38

Enjoying the job you have,It is a third of your life.And taking care of your health,Hobby you enjoy,

Denise,

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 38

Genetics, exercise, and eating habits 

Kudos