Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What is the secret to long life?

Message 21 of 38

The secret to long life is to never stop breathing!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 38

1) genetics

2) genetics

3) genetics

4) Diet. I drink ProFiber Food meal replacement in morning, something light for lunch, and a savory meal for dinner. Good to enjoy food, too.

5) be active

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 38

I really think the answer to this is a good routine which is not unnecessarily inflexible and being a person who can amuse themselves even in solitude and also a reader. I just feel like readers are people who get others' perspectives better. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 38

My grandparents all passed away in their 80's, and so did my father. My mother passed away quite young from blood poisoning, so we can't count her.

I'm fairly young at heart, and I see humor everywhere; that helps I think. I'm blessed with 3 sons and 8 grandchildren so I see them when I can. Playing with children is great for stamina and keeping our brains active, at least I feel so.

When I married at 22 I weighed 128, and my weight stays close to that, (125-128). I exercise  moderately 5 days a week and I walk 5 days a week for about one hour, but I don't make myself crazy. I've had hip and knee replacement so I work on not having to have the other 2 done. (Arthritis)

I eat 3 meals a day and don't snack, because it has been my life pattern not to snack. Though I watch what I eat, I don't deny myself, and I have a glass of wine every night. I don't eat out a lot though and I cook my meals and seldom eat prepackaged foods. Blood pressure and cholesterol are normal for my age which is 69.

btw: I smoked for MANY years, but quit 19 years ago; that could be the great equalizer.

Genetics I think has a lot to do with growing older, but so does lifestyle, friends and family. Ten years from now I'll have a better idea of what works and what doesn't and I'll weigh in again with an opinion.

Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 38

I have a 98 year old acquaintance that has a daily cigar and shot of bourbon.  Now that’s what I'M talkin about!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 38

I am 69 & I exercise like I'm 30 five days a week. I ski most of the winter on expert slopes, bicycle 35 miles in 2 1/2 hrs. on a hybrid bike, kayak 3+ hrs., & work out at the gym like I did when I was 30. I admit my greatest fear is not dying, but not being able to do the things I do now. It's not how long you live, it's how you enjoy the time you have on this planet. I want to go out in a blaze of glory! Except for one separated shoulder I did skiiing in Canada, I am blessed with great physical conditioning. I get exhausted, have pains, but I work through it. The secret is work out like you are 30 & never, ever let yourself get out of shape in the first place.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 38

what program was it?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 38

Simple as a, b, c.

Attitude, action and acceptance. 

Balance, breathing and brotherhood.

Caring, communing and changing.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 38

Thanks for the views, the encouraging comments and advice! For me I swear never to 1) increase my pant size which was an 8 Petite from when I got married 55 years ago, 2) to see my grandchildren have children and 3) working on the bucket list to leave behind, which gets longer every day!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 38

Do interesting things, learn, share, eat well, and be grateful.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors