Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What Birds Are You Seeing Now?

Message 21 of 86
CARDINALS HERE ALMOST EVERY YEAR- I NAMED THE MALE "BIG DADDY RED"& HAVE DECIDED HIS MATE IS KATHERINE- IN HONOR OF KATHERINE HEPBURN("RED") IN "PHILADELPHIA STORY". THEY SING ALMOST AS BEAUTIFULLY AS THE ROBINS OF "SARGE AND COMPANY".
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 86
THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION- THEY ARE REALLY BLUE, AREN'T THEY? ALMOST TURQUOISE.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 86

EPSTER,

THANKS FOR THE VIDEO. I HAVE A QUESTION.... WHICH BIRD IS UP AT 4 am? I live in Eatontown, NJ. OVER THE PAST FEW MORNINGS, I FEEL LIKE I'M AT Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. I may not be able to see the birds, but I sure can hear them.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 86

@n566192l  Nancy, I found a video of a northern cardinal family on the nest. The parents are both tending the young.  Thought you'd enjoy it. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 86

@l483260lwrote:
THANKS FOR SHARING THE VIDEO- I LEARNED MORE. QUESTION IS ARE ROBIN'S EGGS REALLY(ROBIN EGG) BLUE? IF ROBINS GET "DRUNK ON JUNIPER BERRIES, THEN MY ROBIN IS IN GOOD COMPANY, CAUSE SHE LIKED HER BEERS!

@l483260l LOL! That's great about hte beer. Smiley Happy

Here's a video of a mother robin tending her hatching young. Enjoy.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 86

@n566192lwrote:

WOW, TODAY MY YARD HAD ABOUT 10 Cardinals IN IT. THE REDS ARE GREAT.

@n566192l  How fun!  I haven't seen a cardinal since I was a kid in the Ozarks.  

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 86
THANKS FOR SHARING THE VIDEO- I LEARNED MORE. QUESTION IS ARE ROBIN'S EGGS REALLY(ROBIN EGG) BLUE? IF ROBINS GET "DRUNK ON JUNIPER BERRIES, THEN MY ROBIN IS IN GOOD COMPANY, CAUSE SHE LIKED HER BEERS!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 86
THANK YOU; I'M LEAVING IT INDEFINITELY, UNLESS THE TRUMPET VINE( WHICH I CALL AUDREYIII") PULLS THIS LIL' OLD( 94 YEARS!) HOUSE DOWN.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 86
BEAUTIFUL!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 86
I HAVE TRIED DILIGENTLY TO LEARN TO USE MY S MART PHONE IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS. DESPITE MY BEING ALMOST THROUGH WITH MY DOCTORATE, MY FAMILY JOKES THAT I MAY NOT BE "SMART ENOUGH FOR A SMARTPHONE". I ADMIT TO WHAT I CALL "LOW-TECH"&"BAD TECH JUJU"!
Kudos
Views