Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Wearing jeans @ the age of 80?

Message 81 of 84

@nctarheel RESPECT!!! (Yep: I shouted that. Smiley Happy)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 82 of 84

Epster wrote:

I will be wearing whatever the heck I like until the day I die. Smiley Happy 

And I wish that freedom on everyone.

We don't agree too often but, on this one, you have hit the nail on the head.

I wore dress pants, a jacket, and a tie for 30 years and now I will wear what I **bleep** well please!

In fact, I wear shorts 75% of the year. When it gets too cold and I have to put on long pants (such as jeans); it brings back the negative memories of dress pants.

Problem is that I can't get my spouse to move to a climate warm enough to wear shorts ALL YEAR.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 83 of 84

I just don't adhere to the idea that certain clothing is age-inappropriate. I will be wearing whatever the heck I like until the day I die. Smiley Happy And who knows? I may even have pink hair when I'm 90. (I don't now, but I reserve the right to dye it any old color that pleases me.)  And I wish that freedom on everyone.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Respected Social Butterfly

Wearing jeans @ the age of 80?

Message 84 of 84

The thread about looking your age started me thinking about the wearing of the jeans!  And for how long you can get away with wearing them. 

My neighbor and good friend is 81, quite slim and not at all fashion conscious.  She likes clothes and shopping but she is way too busy with her family to think too much about fashion.  She looks quite good in her jeans & sneakers as she rushes about, walking every bit as fast as a 30 year old.

Another  lady comes to mind who was quite beautiful.  We were waiting for our prescriptions and she was friendly so we were chatting.  She wore blue jeans & boots, had grey hair but not done in the usual oldish style.  She also wore quite a bit of eye make up.  The effect was stylish and chic.  Her husband also looked very good in his jeans!   They both appeared to be fashion conscious.  She was asked her date of birth, and I was surprised to learn she was over 80. 

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar