If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Throwback Days

Message 1 of 8

@nyadrn @retiredtraveler Though born in the Chi-town area, I never tried sliders. So one of my older sisters, who lived there much of her life, bought a PBS auction item in which a person could Fed Ex frozen sliders wherever. She had them delivered to me on the west coast. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

White Castle !  There was  a slang term for their burgers and it was not a compliment but I forget it now.  You used to be able to find them in the grocery freezer dept but I havn't looked in years.  

Well they were apparently the original sliders : )

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sliders

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

"...Food was good before (ahem) McD... mho...".

Ooooh. Blasphemy. I grew up just a couple of miles from the original McD (DesPlaines Il). I also lived on southside of Chicago where White Castle thrived (not original to Chicago, but one of the earliest and largest markets).

Of course, we have not eaten at these since we were in our early 30's.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

Ha, ha; didn't have the pleasure of Pup 'n' Taco BUT...

Anyone from KC remember the super greasy pork tenderloin at Hav A Snak (I think) at 27th and Hardesty/Van Brunt (across from the cop shop / helicopter pad)?

Yuuuummm; so miss that (though now couldn't take it Smiley Wink

Food was good before (ahem) McD... mho

Oh, shoot, and gas wars with us paying 29 cents a gallon Smiley Wink

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

Yep, that's the. Did a Google search and read all about it. But I said throwback because it was way back in the day. A relative was having chili dogs for dinner and for some reason, I had flashback of Pup and Taco, somewhere near Lynwood, Ca

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@Kbearpawsk wrote:

Who remembers good times fast food Pup and Taco? Hotdogs and tacos for .29, tostadas for .39, combos for 1.09? Wow, those were the good 'OK days

mark_hernandez_pomona_menu.jpgMenu

I like your Title    There are a zillion things you could add to Throwback Days..

Anyway  are you talking about the California chain...  bought out by Taco Bell 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

Hi @Kbearpawsk  I guess I don't know your stomps, because I never heard of the Pup 'n' Taco. Is it Southern California? Texas? I'm stumped. 

Epster, who clearly doesn't get out much Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Throwback Days

Message 8 of 8

Who remembers good times fast food Pup and Taco? Hotdogs and tacos for .29, tostadas for .39, combos for 1.09? Wow, those were the good 'OK days

mark_hernandez_pomona_menu.jpgMenu

Kudos
Views
Replies