Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

THERAPY FOR THE BODY AND THE SPIRIT

Recognized Social Butterfly

THERAPY FOR THE BODY AND THE SPIRIT

Therapy for the Body and the Soul

Many of the physical therapy exercises for my arthritis are free standing. I have found a way to make this part of my routine workout pleasurable: while I exercise, I simultaneously treat my eyes and my spirit to the expansive views at the Koolau Mountains facing my Waikiki condo lanais. Some days the mountains are lush green reflecting shafts of dazzling light; other times, they are more muted with a pale green sheen. Sometimes, clouds scuttling across or hovering over the mountains add dramatic shading to the mountain scape.

Yesterday while I was exercising, I saw a new perspective. An indistinct rainbow was beginning to form between a few small clumps of trees. As it developed, it became more radiant. But just at that moment, a patch of rain gradually descended upon the rainbow. At first, the rainbow was partly obscured. But after a few seconds, it vanished. All I could see was mist. What a transformation!

There is an abundant array of multi-colored greenery in the mountains occasionally punctuated by rainbows of varied breath and intensity. I am privileged to have the daily opportunity to witness such beauty, thanks to my PT routine.

I am glad that my aesthetic appreciation of nature is not marred by my arthritic degeneration.

schlomo
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP