WATCH VIDEO: Day 5 of Iowa presidential candidate forum with Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Share your best fashion secret

Message 1 of 11

I tend to coordinate my clothes, but most of my things work with everything else. I don't wear tight, tight clothes anymore because they are uncomfortable and they show more than I want to show these days. Earrings are a must, and a couple of rings, my Fit watch and a plain simple bracelet. 

Sir Granny Tracy
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

Plain simple,  round neck, jewel neckline, to be worn with pearls/scarf, or simple chain. This could be a blouse or dress and can be worn with a sport jacket/sweater/or cardigan. Color choice navy blue, black, purple,  etc. You all have a blessed weekend!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

Clean, neat, and appropriate for the occasion whether it be shopping, working out at the gym, or going out to eat at a restaurant.  If I feel comfortable with what I'm wearing in the environment in which I'm wearing it, then that's my "fashion statement".  I remember my mother used to say "dress for your age" or "you're too old to wear that".  I always thought that was nonsense, and now that I'm a 79 year old senior, I still think that's nonsense.  By the way, you should see my new running shoes!  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

Add bright colored (red, gold, sapphire blue) accessories (shoes, earrings, bracelet, scarf, necklace) with muted or neutral colored (black, beige, white, gray) clothes

Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

I only wear a scarf if I am outside in the winter.  My go to style is my dark blue blazer! 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11
I agree - so easy and so fashionable with the right scarf.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

I don't consider myself stylish, but when I need to look a little dressy I recommend scarves...preferably multicolored....that will go with plain tops or jackets.  Hope they never go completely out of style!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

Style ! What style ? I'm happy if my shirt and socks match !

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

Great advice--that's so true, @jonibee!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11
If you hold on to something long enough it will come back into fashion...Simple and classic styles out live what's in now...
Kudos
Views