Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: PENPALS

Message 251 of 425

Hi There Roger

So do you watch TV at all? Or do you listen to the radio. I do a bit of both. If you get a chance listen to The Moth Radio Hour or goggle  these radio stories on the Youtube on your computer. The Moth Radio hour are people telling things that happen to them in real life. Some of the stories are funny and some sad.  I watch the Longmire  TV show now on I pad with the Netflex. I am a bit addict to this show  with my Netflix account..sleep to it each night.  I was watching the Ranch another cowboy country show about a Dad and his 2 sons. Pretty good too. But I have learned  a few things about Native American and cowboys in Wyoming from Longmire. Plus my grandmother was a pure Cherokee Indian from N. Carolina so this interest me a bit too and reason watch the show.  Do you have an I pad? Tell your children you want one...they really are great. It took me awhile to get one but it is entertaining and great to fall asleep too.

Thanks for responding back to..some days the loneliness gets to me. Also at this time I can't have a pet so it makes it worse. A bird turtle cat anything feathered, furry, and  I can feed and let them get excited when see me .  I read once in Japan residents wanting pets own bugs in cages. This is due to the living space is limited . Yuck is all I can say to that ..I detest bugs!
Well early this morning about 4 am had earthquake. I did not feel it (I live n San Jose) but my coworkers did..it rattled their windows in their home near Oakland and San Francisco CA area.  It was almost 5 rating earthquake. Again I got to get outta of California !

Yeah I am good at Bible reading and a spiritual person. I do believe the stuff in Bible book of Timothy. We live in crazy times especially with people so selfish, mean, brains full of chemicals  and some are mentally ill.  It makes no sense to have access to drugs (pot) in some of the US states does not help people who are already crazy.  I think it is a way to control people letting have access to pot. I am a virgin....I do not use any kind of drugs or no smoking no drinking since  it is not my thing to have fun. to be not true full self.  I guess I am prudish about certain things.
Well I must end I am trying to get 3 stories  of mine published in a few magazines. I think they are GREAT but it seems no one wants to publish them. So I am going to fine tune them again... and send hard copies of the articles and see what happens then. Cross your fingers!

Have a good day and be safe!

Your Friend
Jane in CA
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 252 of 425

Hi Jane,

sorry to take so long to reply but i sometimes lose track of time.  I guess i dont read the Bible like i should, but i was raised in a very religious home.  Old south protestant holiness church.  I suppose my favorite character would be Job for his patience since i dont seem to have an abundance of it sometimes.  I really like II Timothy ch4 v1-8 concerning the last days.  Read it and see what you think as it applies to our world today.  Enough to give you cause to ponder our world.

My famthily came from Germany in 17 and 18th century from a town called Hapsburg.  they were ironsmiths and clockmakers.  A town in NE corner of W Virginia was named for them.  The family home there was the only home in that toan destroyed by allied bombing because of its proximity to a German anti-aircraft gun emplacement.  It was rebuilt however and is now privately owned.  That was my dad's side  Originally Richter.

My mom's side was scottish.  Farmers and miners with a distiller or two mixed in so they were into the spirits too i guess.

As for myself, i have held a wide variety of jobs since getting out of  the military,  but trucking, music and law enforcement seem to have been more satisfying than anything.  My family is scattered from FL to WI and TN to CA with a few spots in between but all seem to be doing well.  None of us correspond much unless there is a birth or death.

Have a great evening and hope to hear from you soon

your frien

Roger

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 253 of 425

Hi Info Seeker

So you read the BIble...all of it or just parts?  What have you learned? What is your favorite scripture? I have a few favorite Bible verses I enjoy. Matt 6:25-34 God takes care of the birds He will care for me and Phillipians 4:6 Pray for what you want, God hears us.  Who is your favorite Bbile personalty?  Mine is Ms Noah..she stuck with her hubby and went thru a lot like Noah did. I love Jesus too; he had personality and let other feel his wrath and kindness at different times.

What is your lineage like? From Europe or Asia or Spain or Mexico or England? Mine is twisted but VERY interesting. My great great grandfather was a model for a statute in a park in Washington DC.

Only thing keeping me afloat emotionallly is my friends(my siblings and kids are distant)..I have many over differ states. I work weekdays at insurance company. I audit medical record very good work and interesting too.  I am divorced and my 3 children are grown and doing their own thing too. They are productive and good people.

Have a great and safe day!

Jane

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: WISH: PENPALS

Message 254 of 425

Roger,

Yup you sound like  a country raised man. But that is ok because my parents were from the south....Wilmington and Charolotte North Carolina. My mom was a GRIT (Girl Raised in the South). big on cooking, cleaning, having always a side job,  and speaking her mind sometimes right time and sometimes the wrong time.  I learned tact from her; pretty much too quiet and too shy at times. My parents were married 65 years before passing and had 6 children.(3 girls and 3 boys) I was the youngest and they had me when they were in early 50.s.Of course they were teased a lot about that.  As a teen I was into square dancing on weekends as routine with the fellas. Boy was that a long time ago. LOL  My parents use to watch Hee Haw , and Mayberry RFD along with all the old cowboy movies like Gunsmoke, Cartwrights. I still like cowboy or war movies. Not many good ones cowboy movies around now..but I did like Longmire the show. It is  on Netflick now but used to be on regular TV. Gosh everything changes. Roger, is that a good thing or  a bad thing..changes?   

Well I have been traveling alot the last few years  and going to try Lousiana. I did not know about the huge bugs . Thank you Roger! LOL But I will get  a dog and train him to kill the bugs.What do you think of that? I love dogsas pets. Now I feel sad I cannot have pets now. But one day again. do you like dogs or cats or neither?  In my life since a kid I must of owned over 30 dogs. I owned  a pet wolf once.  Ok I am telling you too much.  I should talk about the time I went to Munich, Germany on vacation and almost got shot by a guard. You might hate dogs or wildlife whereas everyone likes vacations. My favorite place to visit is NY city (never live there though). I like mostly veggies and make the best meatloaf you could every taste  I have been told I am good cook too. 

Hey have a great day and stay safe!!

Your Friend

Jane.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 255 of 425

Dear Jane;

I am a sagaritius born and raised in a small coal mining community about 35 miles north of Chattanooga TN.  Being a country boy from the word go, I like most all foods but have always been a meat and potatos type.  Favorite though would have to be bananna pudding.  As for favorite places i would say Gulf Shores AL or Daytona FL.  Not familiar with either of the books you mentioned, but the one called Vox sounds like a take pon a Muslim president and some of thier ruls for women.  I am not very up on modern country, more into classic country that i grew up with.  Marty robbins, Ray Price, Willie \Nelson and Merle Haggard.  My redneck side showing.

You mentioned moving to Louisiana,  From what i have seen, southern LA, MS, and AL all have severe storms out of the Gulf and bugs and snakes big enough to carry off a small dog.  Northern parts are nice though.  Guess i am biased toward TN though.

My current reading is You Be the Judge about the Scopes trial in Dayton TN.  Interesting to me since an ancestor of mine was presiding judge for the trial.  I also liked Trail of Tears, Rise and fall of the Cherokee Nation.  Sad what happened to such a peaceful and advanced Indian people.

Sorry if this is lengthy.  Have a great evening and hope to hear from you soon.

Your friend

Roger.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: July 14 2018 A Thought Pen Pal difficulty

Message 256 of 425

My family is close and far, but they don't show up unless their in need so i don't bother anyone. I joined my Local groups and keep moving forward..

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 257 of 425

II am almost 62 years old, kinda extroverted been married but single now and all my 3 children 2boys and girl  are grown. It is just me, myself and I. Currently living in California but it is not the place for me. Landscape is lovely but just not my cup of tea. I plan on moving somewhere by end of April 2019  ...maybe Louisana.

So tell me more about yourself. What is your favorite food? Best place ever visited? I love to read too as you. Currenly just read The 57 Bus a true story abut 2 teens on a bus in Oakland CA which one  teen set other on fire cause he wore a dress casue he was confused on his sexuality.  Teens can do dumb things at time! The other  book I am reading is called Vox it is a fake story about the US president has declare all females cannot speak more than 100 words a day If they do get a shock from the bracelets all American ladies must wear.  It is a interesting drama story  .Addicted to the Netflix  TV show Longmire. Have you ever seen it?  

I like all kinds of music. Some of my favorite country songs right now are: Heaven by Kane Brown' and Meant To Be by Florida Georgia Line, and In Case You Didn t Know by Brett Young. Go to Youtube and listen..pretty words.

Ok when is your date of birth?  Just curious .  I am Cancer sign born July 19

Have a GREAT day!!

Your Friend

Jane

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 258 of 425

Hi Merrimen,

I am glad you contacted me! I hope your day is going well. I am almost 62 years old, kinda extroverted been married but single now and all my 3 children 2boys and girl  are grown. It is jsut me, myslef and I. Currently living in California but it is not the place for me. Landscape is lovely but jsut not my cup of tea. I plan on moving somewhere by end of April 2019  ...maybe Louisana.

So tell me more about yourself. What is your favorite food? Best place ever visited? I love to read too as you. Currenly just read The 57 Bus a true story abut 2 teens on a bus in Oakland CA which one  teen set other on fire cause he wore a dress casue he was confused on his sexuality.  Teens can do dumb things at time! The other  book I am reading is called Vox it is a fake story about the US president has declare all females cannot speak more than 100 words a day If they do get a shock from the bracelets all American ladies must wear.  It is a interesting drama story  .Addicted to the Netflix  TV show Longmire. Have you ever seen it?  

I like all kinds of music. Some of my favorite country songs right now are: Heaven by Kane Brown' and Meant To Be by Florida Georgia Line, and In Case You Didn t Know by Brett Young. Go to Youtube and listen..pretty words.

Have a GREAT day!!

Your Friend

Jane

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 259 of 425

Hi Roger,

I am glad you contacted me! I hope your day is going well. I am almost 62 years old, kinda extroverted been married but single now and all my 3 children 2boys and girl  are grown. It is jsut me, myslef and I. Currently living in California but it is not the place for me. Landscape is lovely but jsut not my cup of tea. I plan on moving somewhere by end of April 2019  ...maybe Louisana.

Have a GREAT day!!

Your Friend

Jane

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 260 of 425

I, like several others, find myself alone most of the time.  I gave my all to my family and career and I've ended up with no friends at this stage of my life.  I'm 68 and often wonder how that happened.  I seem to have outlived the friends that truly mattered and the rest just disappeared along the way.  I would love to have a friend with whom to write.  I have varied interests.  I've been working on my family's genealogy for quite some years.  I often wonder if I will ever finish it as some of my roots go back 15 or 20 generations or more.  I study my Bible daily and would love to discuss various points of interest there, but some might find my questions rather heretic or blasphemous.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian and my faith is very strong.  I just tend to interpret the Bible different than I've been taught and wonder if others do the same.  I hope to see someone reply to my post.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors