Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: PENPALS

Message 251 of 458

Hi Gary,

I am 20 miles from movies, malls. I'm in a senior comm. I like the

country. We have parks lakes,trails,pools and 50 clubs and all kinds

of trips. I like music also. I watch the movies on Prime. I love old

movies especially Bette Davies   Bette said Old age isn't for sissies. 

I like what she said. Watching old movie Murider My Sweet and this

guy is describing a woman's looks and he said she had a face like a

bucket of mud! Gee that is like so bad! I wonder if not so nice looking 

people hired for their plain looks feel bad deep down? They get

paid well maybe it doesn't matter. Please tell  me about you Gary.

Do you have any children? Have a nice nignt!

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 252 of 458

Hi Jude,

I am in SE TN native but lived up north for a few years.  Detroit, Westland, and Taylor MI before moving to IN and then back home.  I am 72, disabled, retired truck driver, musician and songwriter.  Cant do much from this wheel chair so like you trying hard to adjust and make new friends.  My roomie lived in TX for quite a while and my granddaughter lives in the Waco area now.  Drummer i worked with lives in Edgewood just east of Dallas.  If you would like to correspond pls let me know.

Roger

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 253 of 458

Hi Lillian,

When it comes to Amazon and Netflix I like who-dun-its.  Like you, I can watch weeks worth of those shows, without commercials.  Oh.. those commercials just annoy me.  Too many all at once. Very little show, lots of ads. One of my favorite shows is Midsummer Murder.   Right now, on Amazon I have been watching The Silent episodes. 

I am addicted to Bingo Luau, Word Whomp and some solitaire on Pogo. Those are my go to games when it's the end of the evening.  That is when I turn on my computer and relax before bedtime.  I always was a night owl because in my younger days I worked a few hours nightly when my children were small. The habit stuck with me years later.  I had friends I met in Pogo that came from different parts of the country. So  when East Coast friends left the West Coast friends were just starting.  I will tell you more about those friends later on.

It sure is cold here and more to come, or so the Weatherman says.  We have been lucky in my part of the city.  We get snow but not as bad as other parts.  Heavy rain is predicted for Sunday.  We shall see. I heard somewhere if you want to know what the weather is like.. look out the door... and  carry an umbrella. 

I hope your dreams of retiring soon comes true for you.

Marianne.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 254 of 458
Hi Marianne,

I use to play at Pogo a lot. I like Amazon myself for shopping and movies; I have been a member of Netflix for ever. I like that I can watch a whole year straight through. I watch the movie Megan Leavey a week ago it was worth watching.
I am still working so I can not stay up late, I keep saying I will stop working next year well I will be 70 this year and I am still working. Myself I get up very early even on the weekends. I agree that there is always something to organize. I am so looking forward to spring !
Enjoy,
Lillian

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 255 of 458

Hi Je,

Like you I am new to this.  Just would like to say hello from cold NYC.  If you would like to chat about anything that comes to mind  just shout out.   I also subscribe to Amazon. I watch the movies and take advantage of the free shipping on orders.  Good deal.  Netflix is another place I go to for movie watching.  I like music but I have my list of oldies on my computer that I listen to.  

If interested ,  just get in touch,

Marianne

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 256 of 458

Hi Debra, 

How are you ? This site is confusing to me... guess I  will learn to use it as time goes on.  Seems everyone can see what others are saying.  Like being a nosy body Man Happy  Have you been doing this long?  How do you find it?  Let me know!!

Marianne

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 257 of 458

Hi Lillian,

I like to talk about any thing that comes to mind. What happened during the day.. shopping, family gatherings, weather.  I like to play online games in Pogo.  Have you heard of that site? I subscribe to Amazon.  Watch movies and buy things from there.  I also subscribe to Netflix for their movies.     I really do not have any hobbies. I just keep busy doing household chores.  Always something to do or organize.  I guess I would consider myself a night owl.

Your turn, 🙂

Marianne

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 258 of 458

Hi Marianne,

My name is Lillian, I read your post and I would enjoy  some small talk,  What subjects do you like to talk about? Do you have any hobbies or special interests?   I like reading sewing,  documentaries. 

and learning almost anything new.  I like you have found that many friends have moved away.

So I look forward to hearing form you.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Lillian

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 259 of 458

Hi Aggie,

I read your post. Yes, the weather has been funny this Winter. Living in the South (Alabama), I have a medium weight coat, a light jacket, a sweater jacket. Sigh! The weather changes constantly here from day to day!

Movies...I don’t see enough movies that I want to see because the theater is 50 miles away!! I sm more into music now.

I am an Amazon Music subscriber, so I listen every day to new music.

I seem to have run out of letters, so I’ll end this letter now.

Bye

Gary

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 260 of 458

Hi Gary, 

I wrote  to you on this site  last nignt. After I finished , the post just

disappeared .I hope your day is going good. I saw something today,

I had  never seen  before.  It is 25 degrees and tne sun is  very bright

and it starts snowing! Wow!

Do you have any hobbies? What kind of movies do your like?

Hope to talk soon!

Aggie

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Take Pen Pal Safety Precautions:
Learn more.

Top Authors