Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Periodic Contributor

I am glad to exchange communications with you -- at least for awhile.  But I am clueless as to how to navigate this site (if it is even legit -- I just called AARP again and they told me that they don't have any such a website; to be sure they gave me the phone number for the AARP Foundation, but I can't call them until tomorrow because they are only open during regular business hours).  Also, I have no idea how to check your posts from a couple of years ago, so I know nothing absolutely about you.  If you don't mind, please tell me a little, and start with where are you.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Alan

I was reading over your message again ......why are you jaded? 

Your  NEw Penpal Friend

Jane

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Jane,

I am having trouble with this website, which is why I want you to send me your email.  Don't worry.  I think its pretty safe.  Somebody else did and as far as I know nothing bad came of it.  Thanks! - Alan

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I think this website may be illegitimate/some kind of scam. I called AARP today and they disavowed any knowledge of its existence!
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Dear Alan

How are you? Your email was great! You sound like a wonderufl person to be my new penpal. I am quite lonely in the world.these days, but you are going to help me lsssen thosue feelings. . I am here in the Georgia area ni which I will be responding.

A bit about me.. working lady in helathcare field with a master degree, big reader of novels,, enjoy drama movies, the NPR radio and ;ove dogs.  I am over age of 62 years old,and raised 3 grown children hen I was married..A  daughter in  Washngton  DC just graduated wtih a BA degree from George mason University, a son in Army 4 years in California and another son who is married in Baotn Ruge Louisana .. 

Ok your turn to email me back

Jane S

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Jane, 

Thank you for the compliment and for the post.  Please send me your email address and I will email you right back.  I promise!  -Alan.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Alan

I just happen to check cthe website. [private email address removed to protect your online safety]

Thank you

Jane

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Jane,

Did you get the email that I sent you? I sent it about two or three hours ago. - Alan

0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

AARP recommends that you do not publish personal details or information that may compromise your personal privacy in public view on ANY community.

If people wish to exchange details via AARP please use the Private Messaging function of this community by selecting the userID of the person you wish to contact, and then selecting the send the "send this user a private message" in the Contact Me function on the right of the window:

Annotation 2019-08-11 154330.png

We remind people to always be careful even when sharing details.

Thank you.

Periodic Contributor

Does anybody care!?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Good morning, Chris

Tickled pink to hear from someone. Thank you.

A bit of background: I am 74, twice widowed, no kids. I gave up pooches - as I preferred 40+ lbs, any breed. Shortly after my last one died, I had to take care of my bed-ridden mom; now gone 5 yrs at ripe age of 95-1/2, so had no chance to replace. Now reduced to kitties; have two which some horrible human dumped in my front yard (barely weaned babies) 7 and 3 years ago respectively.

Is it possible to bypass the AARP "crowds" by direct email? I'll be happy to provide mine.

If you are interested, please let me know.

Thank you again for contacting me.

Dita

Periodic Contributor

Hi, Dita,

This is Merrilly.  I just read another of your posts and we have a awful lot in common.  I'd like to be your penpal if you would like to be mine.  Tell me and I'll supply my email and you can supply yours so we can write privately.

Merrilly

Merrilly
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP