Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Periodic Contributor

Would love to correspond and am happy to provide my email - csowada@gmail.com

Send a note - would love to get to know you!
Chris
Periodic Contributor

I want to find a real penpal I can share with, but I think it's a bit early to share real email addresses.  

I don't even know if it makes sense for us to connect.  Like how old are you, what's your life situation, etc., so I can compare it with mine.  Before we can really share, we need to know these things

Merrilly
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Chris,

I am Jackie.  I would love a pen pal.  Where are you from?   is this your first time as a pen pal as it is mine.  I am recently divorced and frankly pretty lonely.  Would love to have someone to correspond with.   Hope to hear from you soon. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Jackie,

I am always interested in writing to new friends and finding out about them and sharing my interests as well. I am 65, active, love movies and live theater, camping (well, actually glamping!!), reading a good mystery and especially animals! I have two rescued dogs and two rescued cats! Love to travel and find out about this world of ours! I live outside Nashville, TN. Hope to hear back from you!
Chris
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello How are you doing? I am Sandra single and working,. Just got on this site where i found your profile and would like to know you more, You can mail me at pretysandraa@gmail.com so we can chat and know each other better.

I would be glad to hear from you soon

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Good afternoon! 

I would love to be penpals 🙂 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello Sandra
Praised God for he is worthy to be praised am happy that we are becoming best of Christlike penpal but could you reply to me at my email address pappy 474@icloud.com
Thank you
With love Larry
Contributor

Hi Chris,

I am 53 years old and live in Massachusetts. I too love mysteries and am currently reading a very good one called The Couple Next Door,  I highly recommend it. I also love animals  but currently only own one rescue dog.  He is the best worst dog ever and I couldn't be more crazy about him.  I have camped often but not recently, so I have yet to try glamping but   think it sounds right up my alley. It was very nice to hear from you. You could also contact me at resumesent11@comcast.net

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Praised almighty God and would like to share my testimony with you but could you reply to my email address pappy474@icloud.com
Thank you
With love
Larry
Contributor

Hello How are you doing? I am Sandra single and working,. Just got on this site where i found your profile and would like to know you more, You can mail me at pretysandraa@gmail.com so we can chat and know each other better.

I would be glad to hear from you soon

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

HI ! Would like to for us of  how God blessing us :

sincerely Larry

pappy474@icloud.com

Regular Contributor

Hello Kent 

could you please conver with me at my email address sorry having problems retread my email at pappy474@icloud.com 

thanks "

and may God continues blessing you ;

from a child of God :Larry 

Contributor

I am 68 and live in Colorado. Just seeking male friends that love the Lord.  He is blessing all that are breathing this day. A couple of weeks ago I was struggling with lonelines. I read a article from Jimmy Swaggert ministries about the issue and I expected the fact that God is always with me and the struggle ceased. Praise God his live endureth forever. Kent

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello would love to share my testimony with you but could you reply to my address
Pappy474@icloud.com
May God blessing you
With love Larry
Regular Contributor

Hi could you plane conver with me at my email address : pappy474@ iCloud.com
Sorry having problem retread my email
Thanks sincerely from a child of God
Larry
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I think there are a couple of things that make gaining a pen pal difficult on this site. After the breaches with Sony, Experian, Banks and Credit Card Companies, I became very conservative and cautious about putting myself out there. Also within this aarp site after reviewing aarp's privacy and ownership policies, I was not that comfortable about putting and keeping whatever I decided to share out there forever. 

The web is incredibly invasive; we are all tracked and monitored and nothing is private and nothing can be permanently deleted; we are all being monetized on every site we visit –everything we do is up for sale: some Unknown Company makes money capturing then selling our information to some other Unknown

Company to purchase who then merchandizes our information --I just do not like this!  And these Unknown Companies are not good at sharing --where is my slice of this Money-Making Pie?

Aside from those issues I think it is just darn difficult to connect to a human being via the written word.  It also takes a lot of dedication and commitment which can easily slack off.  There is no warmth or connection received by looking at a white page with black print, there is no exchange of a laugh –there is just no human connection, which is what is being sought and which is what we all need  –a human connection.  So, if anyone has any ideas to make this better, please do share!  Thank you and a Hug to everyone.

Periodic Contributor

Sure you can connect.  For me, writing's always been the best way to really say what I feel.  I'll be 74 in March and have been writing my thoughts and feelings to everyone I've ever known most of my life.

I'm doing this to connect with other people.  I'm lonely.  My family's either dead or gone away.  My friends disappeared during the years I cared for my mom through her Alzheimer's.  I work for Aflac kind of full time but that doesn't really connect with many people.

So I want to find someone I can share with and this seems a good way to do it.  If you're game, we can try.

Merrilly
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Ameriman -  Saw you wrote in 2018 so you may not check this site anymore.  I am a retired teacher living in So. Cal.  Love to get to know people and have no family nearby (except daughter).  If you care to "write", please do.  It gets lonely as you get older I think.  Cheers - Claire   

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

II am almost 62 years old, kinda extroverted been married but single now and all my 3 children 2boys and girl  are grown. It is just me, myself and I. Currently living in California but it is not the place for me. Landscape is lovely but just not my cup of tea. I plan on moving somewhere by end of April 2019  ...maybe Louisana.

So tell me more about yourself. What is your favorite food? Best place ever visited? I love to read too as you. Currenly just read The 57 Bus a true story abut 2 teens on a bus in Oakland CA which one  teen set other on fire cause he wore a dress casue he was confused on his sexuality.  Teens can do dumb things at time! The other  book I am reading is called Vox it is a fake story about the US president has declare all females cannot speak more than 100 words a day If they do get a shock from the bracelets all American ladies must wear.  It is a interesting drama story  .Addicted to the Netflix  TV show Longmire. Have you ever seen it?  

I like all kinds of music. Some of my favorite country songs right now are: Heaven by Kane Brown' and Meant To Be by Florida Georgia Line, and In Case You Didn t Know by Brett Young. Go to Youtube and listen..pretty words.

Ok when is your date of birth?  Just curious .  I am Cancer sign born July 19

Have a GREAT day!!

Your Friend

Jane

Regular Contributor

Good afternoon! 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Merriman

This is Jane. I am very similar to you. My age is 61 young. Lol ! I enjoy reading and am also sick of folks faves stuck in cell phones. So sad this robot phase people are obsessed with today.  [email address removed from public view to protect your online privacy]. Please respond via PM when you can.

Jane Spitfire

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Merrimen,

I am glad you contacted me! I hope your day is going well. I am almost 62 years old, kinda extroverted been married but single now and all my 3 children 2boys and girl  are grown. It is jsut me, myslef and I. Currently living in California but it is not the place for me. Landscape is lovely but jsut not my cup of tea. I plan on moving somewhere by end of April 2019  ...maybe Louisana.

So tell me more about yourself. What is your favorite food? Best place ever visited? I love to read too as you. Currenly just read The 57 Bus a true story abut 2 teens on a bus in Oakland CA which one  teen set other on fire cause he wore a dress casue he was confused on his sexuality.  Teens can do dumb things at time! The other  book I am reading is called Vox it is a fake story about the US president has declare all females cannot speak more than 100 words a day If they do get a shock from the bracelets all American ladies must wear.  It is a interesting drama story  .Addicted to the Netflix  TV show Longmire. Have you ever seen it?  

I like all kinds of music. Some of my favorite country songs right now are: Heaven by Kane Brown' and Meant To Be by Florida Georgia Line, and In Case You Didn t Know by Brett Young. Go to Youtube and listen..pretty words.

Ok when is your date of birth?  Just curious .  I am Cancer sign born July 19

Have a GREAT day!!

Your Friend

Jane

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I red your posts and am in the same situation as you. I have recently lost my husband after taking care of him for many years. I find myself now very alone. I have adult children but no one who has the same experiences as me.  My family is all gone or live in different parts of the world..

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My family is close and far, but they don't show up unless their in need so i don't bother anyone. I joined my Local groups and keep moving forward..

Periodic Contributor

Hello,

I hope this new years bring you hope, happiness, and friendships. Near and far to you. I found a Quilt group by accidently one day in a local library so I've joined. I've joined my Local gym so i can have more people to communicate with in a group. I needed to come out my comfort make me more happy.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Good afternoon! 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Yes, indeed, I couldn't agree more: the internet and the social media particularly are the self-perpetuating information farms which provide endless fodder for the unscrupulous entities surfing the dark web, and affords them a "rich harvest of ill gotten rewards."

As far as not being vis-a-vis with someone, take an example from George Bernard Shaw. He was a life-long devoted correspondent with many people. While most of them were friends, dating back even to childhood and well known by him, there is one worth noting: a nun - Laurentia McLachlan. Allegedly their correspondence lasted some two decades. I am not sure that they ever met. 

I, for one, have neither a cellphone, nor do I subscribe to any social media. Most importantly I make no financial transactions or have bank accounts over the internet. My online shopping is restricted to Amazon; should anyone else show up, I know my identity has been compromised. As described, my deliberate choices offer me a modicum of privacy, and I am very comfortable with them.

For whatever it's worth, you may call me either super old-fashioned, ignorant of the "conveniences" technology gives, or simply just stupid. Take your pick.

My personal preferrence is to correspond and conduct business by regular mail or telephone (landline, no less); I think they call it snail mail (?). But it works for me.

Periodic Contributor

You sound like an articulate, inteligent, educated person -- just what I am looking for in a pen pal.  I am what you might call an " outlier" or somewhat of a weirdo perhaps.  I read a lot.  I am 66 years old.  I am divorced.  I am rather jaded.  I have two grown children (both daughters), seven grandchildren, and two great grandchildren,  I do not own a car.  I am a retired professional with a grad degree.  My father was a mathmetician and my mother was a musician and commercial artist.  I was a professional musician for many years (pianist and guitarist) and a published writer.  I live in a suburb of Memphis, TN.  Enough said to get started.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi,I am not on the intellect side by any means but I am not stupid either.I come from the ground up on the road of hard knocks and have basically learned the hard way instead of listening to my elders,lol.I am a cna and work in a nursing home.I am well liked by others and try to do right by most but at times those we love tend to get a rude awaking thus resulting in me looking bad.I am not out to get anything from any one as I am a simple person and live simply.My view on life is I prefer to own my things rather than them own me.I have two dogs and two cats but outside I feed several strays.My goal for my life is to own a nice fifth wheel and retire to a place where there are more trees than concrete.I read murder mysteries mainly from the 1800 era fiction of course,lol.I crotchet to pass the time and want to be off the grid before I leave this place we call earth.Well I will close for now.Thank you for responding and if I do not hear from you again I hope you find what you seek in a pen pal.Pam

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you for your response!  You did not say where you are (like near what city), but you did provide a lot of background on yourself, including your name.  I have a female German shepherd who is very special to me.  I love trees. There are many here.  I have read a lot of older books from the 1800s.  I think that working in a nursing home might be interesting in some respects (I have been reading a lot lately about near death experiences and whether our consciousness survives physical demise).  Otherwise, as you say, I am living almost "off the grid".  I don't do social media.  I don't have a cell phone.  I retired early and have been resting ever since from a very busy life.  My eldest grandaughter (she is 26) is having a very serious (life or death) surgery (pancreatic) in Chicago in September, and I plan to be there.  I am a Christian, and hope you are too.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP