Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Regular Contributor

Hello , Don't know how to navigate this process or how my message will go through. I am a retired RN  age 72  year old active African American who has been a widow for 7 years. I enjoy social interactions with my retired coworkers but unfortunately we are not able to do much of that due to the pandemic.

I do a bit of travelling with my friends. My last trip was a cruise on the Queen Victoria where I met my friend in London and we both went on a most enjoyable cruise. She had recently lost her husband and we had always travelled together. I might add that I lived in London  for 10 years so I still have family ties there.

Anyway, if this message goes through I would love to hear from you. It gets lonely at times despite phone calls to friends.

Ora

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

Hello, Everyone can we all be Friends and Penpals. My name is Racquel and I’m here for you

Racquel Evans
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I understand what you are saying, but I find I can't get any answer from anyone on this site either I don't know how to work it. For me I am in my 60' s, have just recently moved to this area and wanted to find male or female just to have conversation and frienship. In my town there must be many who are in the same situation. I am healthy and financial solvent so don't need that stuff. If there is a meeting room on this site please let me know [Personal email address removed for online safety. Please use the Private Message function provided]   thanks

0 Kudos
Contributor

Great day everyone! I’m Ms Cecil Marie Groomes;  66 years young, seeking to renew my love of handwriting, even with arthritic fingers! I’ll enter email address to get started; I am a voracious reader, I’ve 4 adult children, and 5 grands, 1 great grand, I love to travel via documentaries, history lover, avid digital game player i.e. canasta, euchre, uno etc.; presently living in hometown of Louisville Kentucky. Looking forward to hearing from y’all! [Personal email address removed for online safety. Please use the Private Message function provided] HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I’m not sure if I’m doing this pen pal correctly or not. This posting is so huge how do you know when someone respond to your pen pal posting and how do someone send you and email. I really would like to communicate with someone 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Valerie,

I just go this through my email. If you want my email I can give it to you and we can communicate that way.

Hope you see this.

Kate

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello my name is Valerie,  59 divorce. I’m from the Virgin Islands. I’ll like to be someone pen-pal and receive emails. I’m love reading, enjoy family gatherings, cooking, music, planning events, very church going, love going to movies/plays, love traveling and love being with my grandkids. Pandemic put a damper on my activities. I’m currently working from home, with minimal places to go. Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello my name is Valerie,  59 divorce. I’m from the Virgin Islands. I’ll like to be someone pen-pal and receive emails. I’m love reading, enjoy family gatherings, cooking, music, planning events, very church going, love going to movies/plays, love traveling and love being with my grandkids. Pandemic put a damper on my activities. I’m currently working from home, with minimal places to go. Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello,

I'm Kate, 59 and would like to find some email friends.  I am an animal lover, and a music lover and more.  I stumbled across this quite by accident, so hopefully there are others looking for the same as me.  All emails will receive replies.  Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi how are you Katie?…

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Dave,

I'm good, how are you?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello I was online and due to the pandemic and not being able to go out as well as meet new people,so I guess online is the best way now.If we can go to church as well as school online may as well meet and email others online.I've been an AARP member 20+ years and never knew they had a penpal site.I've always gone to the mall or park to meet and talk with others but since the pandemic and social distances,it's not as safe as it once was.I'm looking to email others wth any interest.I like to read,cook,fish and walk around the neighborhood or in the park.I would love to try hiking and camping once everything clear up and we're able to mingle again.I'm 68 years old and married and looking for friends and penpals.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Johnnie, I tried sending a message earlier but I don't think it went through so I will try again.

I am new to pen pal so we can learn together.

I'll be 67 next week so we should have some of the same memories of what the world was like as we grew up.

I've been with my wife for 29 yrs and do to her medical problems  we stay home and away from the public and like you said social interaction and I miss people.

We live outside a small town in southern Oregon and I saw you like to fish, me to, small streams,  river, lakes, ocean although the last 3 times on the ocean I got sea sick and not willing to go out again. I am a retired machinist, like my old cars and lots of other interests. 

Let me know if you would like to chat

Rick

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello Rick,Johnnie here I've been trying to reply to your message and got some help from Linda and I hope you get this reply.I just turned 68 in January and have been retired since 2015 and been married for 37 years going on 38.Sure we can chat when time permit.Hope to hear back and will talk and tell more then.Stay safe and take care.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

@JohnnieJ752129Morning Johnnie, i have been having some problems with this site, tried get on private message but it doesn't let me and i cant get signed in to my account so im not sure you will get this, hope we can work something out. Rick

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Success, I got signed in

Silver Conversationalist

@RickB691367  It looks like your Private Messaging has been turned off so you are not able to receive Private Messages. You should let AARP know if you’d like it enabled. I let @JohnnieJ752129 know you are trying to get in touch with him regarding being pen pals. In the future, if you type the @ symbol as well as the complete user name, that person will receive notification that they have been mentioned in a post

A friend in the AARP Community,

Linda

0 Kudos
Info Seeker +

So I was reading about pen pals in The NY Times this lovely Sunday morning and thought it might be fun.  I have many interests and I’m a writer/editor, avid reader, Baker, cook, foodie, animal lover, et. al.  If you’re interested in a purely platonic interaction, pm me.  🌹

Periodic Contributor

Hello Tori,

I sent you a private message, but I'm not sure if it went through.  Count me as interested!  - Alan

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello! 
I would love to be pen pals 🙂 

Have a great weekend!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Good afternoon, 

I am looking for pen pals. One that doesn't mind email. I was thinking of making it a weekly, biweekly, or monthly correspondence depending on their schedules. During these times, I feel that it is a good time to reach out to people and make friends. A little about me, I am recently married and almost 31 years old. We have two cats and a dog. I have been called an "old soul" my entire life which may be why I studied history and library science in college. I love history, listening and telling stories. I am really into puzzles, reading, gardening, baking, and crafts. I am currently learning cross stitch and crochet. 

Thank you! I look forward to hearing you all! Have a happy holidays:) 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Arizona married male senior looking for pen pals of either gender please send me private message thank you!

Periodic Contributor

Hello, how are you?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello Dave - Saw your message.  Am at a loss about your "profile" (age, interests, etc.)  Have lost track of this site (I applied a few years ago) and just ran across it lately.  Reply if you would like.  Claire 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to have penpals I’m 69 female and with virus out it seems I find myself very lonely with no to talk to I cry a lot 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello,

Not sure how this works.  68, almost 69 y/o male.  You can talk to me.  I am wondering, what makes you cry a lot?

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi,

I would enjoy being your penpal, I am 65 female and yes with this virus we are lonely and have no one to talk to. Please reach out if you would like

Shari
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi I read your post and would like to be penpals if you would like to.I'm Johnnie 68 years old and retired.I'm new here and found this site by accident and learning how to use it.Once I receive your reply I will surely answer and look forward to hearing from you.stay safe.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

First I must apologize to everyone, specifically to those who responded, but my EMail send all those messages to JUNK and I did not know, sorry.

So I would like to try this again, please?

I am disabled so PenPals are very important and gives me something to look forward to, until I can get my cyborg-body and transfer my brain - LOL?

Until then would love a stress and fault free exchange of ideas, thoughts and feeling, hope I hear from you?

Fingers crossed you and those you love are healthy, happy and safe from this from the virus.

Take care, be safe but have some fun,

Joseph....

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP