Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Contributor

I am totally confused.  I dont know how to get messages.. I see everyone elses messages.  Can someone help...Thanks....

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Community Manager/Webmaster:

I just received two more strange messages responding to emails that I never sent!   That makes thirteen, I think.  Something is definitely wrong with your website and you all need to fix it!  All my weird messages are marked, "Do not respond -- auto computer generated", or something like that.  In any case, they are obviously not for me and are not in response to any emails that I have ever sent to anybody.  And apparently, I am not the only person receiving these strange messages.  Please fix this problem!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Community Manager/Webmaster:

I wrote to you once already about a problem with your website and all you did was send me a bunch of goobledygook about changing my settings which sailed right over my head.  Since I last posted to you, I have received five more strange messages from people who I don't recognize.  You can tell that something is wrong -- just scroll down and read some of the more recent postings.  It sounds like others are confused as well.  Please help!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I have no idea where these messages are coming from but i have not sent them. I have only replied to one lady in CA and that was at least a week ago. Rest assured i have better things to do than play childish games with the computer nd waste other peoples time.  Have a great day sir.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi,

I received your messages.  This site is very confusing and it's hard to figure out.  I think you mentioned you are a retired teacher in Riverside and that you are adding onto your home.

I am from California now living in Florida.  Hope we can stay in touch.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

So sorry for this way late reply.  Just ran across this site again and am trying to figure out how to use it again.  I am a retired teacher but from Orange County and not adding to my home.  Been in Fla. a few times (Marco Is.).  Write back if you want.  Claire 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Dear Webmaster:

I am getting all kinds of messages from peole that have been using your site -- at least seven so far, and none of them seem intended for me  What gives?  Is there a problem?

Alan Gray

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I have no idea what you are talking about or why this is happening.  Wish I could help.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

Hi, @AlanG700989, it sounds to me like you're receiving notifications of new posts to this discussion. If you'd like to view and manage your subscriptions, please follow these steps:

1. Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
  2. Click My Subscriptions to see a list of the items you've subscribed to.
    You can click a subscription to go to the item.
  3. To delete a subscription, click the check box for the subscription and click Email Subscription Options > Delete Selected Subscriptions.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello,

I'm a 35 year old woman, married, living just South of Syracuse on furlough. I'm looking for some pen-pals in nursing homes to help brighten both of our lives!

Email would be great so we can reply faster, but I'm open to writing, too!

Let me know if you're interested. 

Tiffany

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello,

I'm a 35 year old woman, married, living just South of Syracuse on furlough. I'm looking for some pen-pals in nursing homes to help brighten both of our lives!

Email would be great so we can reply faster, but I'm open to writing, too!

Let me know if you're interested. 

Tiffany

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Tiffany,

I am not in a nursing home so, sorry, maybe I'm not what you have in mind for a "pen pal".  I am a early retired professional male divorced male living in an upscale Memphis TN suburb with my German shepherd, Gracie.  I am not looking for a "date" or anything like that -- just friendship and exchange of ideas.  I am educated and articulate.  I love to read and, by now, I have probably read literally thousands of mostly quality books, which means that I probably at least know a little bit about a lot of things, which can make for some good conversation.  Also, I used to be a musician.  My father was a mathematitcian and my mother was an artist and a musician. [EMAIL ADDRESS AND PERSONAL ADDRESS REMOVED FROM PUBLIC VIEW FOR YOUR SAFETY- PLEASE USE THE PRIVATE MESSAGE FUNCTION]  Thanks!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi my name is Alexis I'm looking for a pen pal. If interested please email me [EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED FROM PUBLIC VIEW FOR YOUR SAFETY- PLEASE USE THE PRIVATE MESSAGE FUNCTION] 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

H Alexis, My name is David, Married, Retired and we live in New York.

Were do you live??

Looking for a pen pal.

Stay safe, David

David Eig
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Catherine,

I am not sure if I spelled you name right but, in any case, here goes.  First, so sorry to hear about your husband!  I have experienced losses in my life (I just turned 67 last month), but not that kind, so I really can't imagine.  Know that you have my sincerest thoughts and prayers.  I am a Christian and not ashamed of it.  What else can I tell you in a few words.  I would welcome an opportunity to be your pen pal.  I have been to Texas a few times -- to Houston and Dallas, and read about it a lot.  I love to read and have read literally thousands of books by now, which means that I now at least a little about a lot of things, which can make for good conversation across a variety of subjects.  I am educated and articulate.  I have a younger sister and brother.  My father was a mathmetician and a violinist and my mother was an artist and a musician.  I am from Illinois, but have resided in Memphis for over forty years.  I am divorced with two grown daughters with families of their own.  I am willing to do email (my preference since its faster and easier on aging wrists) or "snail mail" (if you don't have a computer or just like getting old-fashioned letters).  [email address and home address removed from PUBLIC view for online privacy. Please use the Private Message feature of the community]  Let me hear from you!

Regular Contributor

Hi Alan - My name is Claire - saw your message to Catherine and found it interesting.  I am a retired teacher, a Christian (and not ashamed).  I see you wrote a while back but if you might like to respond, please do.  I live in S. Cal. but am from the east coast.  Am divorced but not looking for dates, just fun correspondence.  Used to live near Nashville.  Take care (I DO have a profile somewhere on this site(??))  

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hello PenPals,

Happy New Year!

I'm a 64 years old female with a very position attitude towards life. I love travel, the arts, music, reading, being on the water, exploring and just soaking up all the culture and history that my city, other cities and countries have to offer. I also love meaningful and engaging conversations and would love to find a penpal the enjoys the same. Never want to stop learning, exploring and meeting new people.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi, My name is David, Married and we live in New York.
Looking for a pen pal ONLY.
We travel, enjoy music and the arts.
Hard to travel NOW, but we can share stories where we have been.
David Eig
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi David--  Used to live in NYC when I was in my twenties and in the ad business.  Have been living in CA since 1996. Have done some traveling and we can swap stories about where we have been.  Look forward to hearing from you.  Sharon 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi Sharon and thanks for your quick reply.
This is new for me. My first reply.
Is this just between you and me or can everybody see our talks??

We have traveled all over the U S A, East Coast, West Coast., New Orleans and Texas.
We have 3 sons. You??
David Eig
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

Hi, @DavidE760644, welcome to AARP Online Community--we're glad to have you!! "PENPALS" was started by @SIMPLEGAL a few years back. This is a public forum and can be a way to meet new friends and have online penpals. Hope you have a great day!

Periodic Contributor

Hello,

I have received your message and would welcome the opportunity to try being your penpal friend.  I early retired as an educated professional about fourteen years ago.  I love to read and, by now, I must have read thousands of books.  I am very selective and only read quality books.  I own a German shepherd named Gracie (she is a great security system!) and I have come to love dogs.

My father was a mathetician and violinist and my mother was an artist and muscian.  I reside in an upscale suburb of Memphis called Germantown.  I can do email (my preference since its fast and easy) or "snail mail" (if you don't have a computer). I am safe, not looking for a "date" or anything like that -- just friendship, exchange of ideas, and spirituality.  I just turned 67.  That should be enough to get started.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

My name is Nancy. I am 64 and I am a widow. I have one son and a grandson. Have a brother and sister. I am very active in church. I would be interested in corresponding with anyone. My email [email address and postal address removed from public view. Please use Private Messenger function to contact]

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would like to be a penpal. I am retired and have many interests, such as photography, art, gourds, wirting, reading. I live in Virginia.  My name is Bev

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Good afternoon, 

I would love to be pen pals! 

I am looking for pen pals. One that doesn't mind email. I was thinking of making it a weekly, biweekly, or monthly correspondence depending on their schedules. During these times, I feel that it is a good time to reach out to people and make friends. A little about me, I am recently married and almost 31 years old. We have two cats and a dog. I have been called an "old soul" my entire life which may be why I studied history and library science in college. I love history, listening and telling stories. I am really into puzzles, reading, gardening, baking, and crafts. I am currently learning cross stitch and crochet. 

Thank you! I look forward to hearing you all! Have a happy holidays:) 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My name is Nancy. I am 64 and I am a widow. I have one son and a grandson. Have a brother and sister. I am very active in church. I would be interested in corresponding with anyone. My email is  [email address and postal address removed from public view. Please use Private Messenger function to contact]

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Good afternoon, 

I would love to be pen pals! 

I am looking for pen pals. One that doesn't mind email. I was thinking of making it a weekly, biweekly, or monthly correspondence depending on their schedules. During these times, I feel that it is a good time to reach out to people and make friends. A little about me, I am recently married and almost 31 years old. We have two cats and a dog. I have been called an "old soul" my entire life which may be why I studied history and library science in college. I love history, listening and telling stories. I am really into puzzles, reading, gardening, baking, and crafts. I am currently learning cross stitch and crochet. 

Thank you! I look forward to hearing you all! Have a happy holidays:) 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello everyone. I run a social group for seniors and they have shown an interest in corresponding with other people from their generation. Many don't have internet, so pen pals is limited for them. Is there anyone here who would be interested in corresponding with them?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Would be interested Michelle. Please send by private message and let me know 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Michelle,

I received a message from you via the AARP pen pals website, so this is a response.  I am an early retired professional who lives in an upscale suburb of Memphis TN ISO penpals.  I am 67 years old and in decent health.  I am not looking for a "date" or anything like that -- just friendship and exchange of ideas.  I love to read and I have a German shepherd named Gracie.  I have come to love dogs because of her, and she makes a great security system.  I am other wise educated and articulate.  I know at least a little about a lot of things, which can make for good conversation.  I thinkk that you might like me.  My email is alandgray@yahoo.com and my mailing address is 7133 Riverwood, Germantown TN 38138.  Let me hear from you, please!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP