Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Periodic Contributor

Hello,

I may have answered your "pen pal" inquiry on the AARP website, but I don't know your name and I don't remember when it was, so you'll have to help me out a little if you want me to respond again.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Sounds like a place I'd love!!! Is it expensive to live there? Just a range will do wih\thout getting to personal.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Conversationalist do you live in California?
Regular Contributor

Not sure if I'm the "Conversationalist" but, yes, I live in Orange County, Ca. Originally from Philly in the east, retired, in my 70's but healthy, a woman, (not looking for a date  =^..^=)  Just friendship/conversation/love getting to know other people.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Not any more....moved to "The Villages", Florida!
Contributor

Hi I have been to the villages and it is a very nice place.I visit several times a year. I have friends that live in Oxford just outside ocala.
Gold Conversationalist

Welcome rr19965105,
Thank you for posting a comment.
Please send me a message if you'd like to be penpals!
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello, I would love to become a pen pal friend as well with anyone.
Periodic Contributor

Hello again,

I just, a few minuites ago sent a message out requesting pen pals and how do we communicate by email? I forgot to list my age. my BD is 9/19/36.

Betty S

0 Kudos
Contributor

That sounds like a great idea to me! I am getting to the point where I have lost contact with so many of my friends and people I have known, and find they have gone on.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi       I love the pen pal idea. I'm also doing the pen pal by snail mail for about 3 years now and love it. I live in Florida and would love to pen pal by email so how do we do that for those who are interested?

My interests include reading, writing (short story, poetry, other) and cook. interesting conversation. simi retired from Real Estate (before I was ready, due to the downed economy) so It's important for me to stay in touch with humanity.

Sincerely,

Betty S

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Bettys1,

Where do you live in Florida?  I'm in Central Florida.

You can send me a note and it will go to my Inbox.

Hope to hear from you soon!

BEACH.jpg

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi ....

Thanks for suggesting such a positive idea!

... Count me in and Sign me up !!

Your "Thank You" graphics are beautiful!

Periodic Contributor

Hi all. I think it would be interesting to have someone i can laugh, joke and live with. Making friends can be strange at times.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would love to talk to you Ursula! Anytime! My name is Gary. I am 72 years old. I don’t like the term “old”. I would like to be refered as 72 years of “experience”. LoL Talking about everything is what I like to do.

Regular Contributor

Hi Gary,

I am 20 miles from movies, malls. I'm in a senior comm. I like the

country. We have parks lakes,trails,pools and 50 clubs and all kinds

of trips. I like music also. I watch the movies on Prime. I love old

movies especially Bette Davies   Bette said Old age isn't for sissies. 

I like what she said. Watching old movie Murider My Sweet and this

guy is describing a woman's looks and he said she had a face like a

bucket of mud! Gee that is like so bad! I wonder if not so nice looking 

people hired for their plain looks feel bad deep down? They get

paid well maybe it doesn't matter. Please tell  me about you Gary.

Do you have any children? Have a nice nignt!

Regular Contributor

What's up Gary? Hope you are having a nice week-end. I thought you might like this ytube Jim Nabors singing The Impossible Dream.

It is excellent!  I will be waiting  with bated breath to see if you like

It  LoL God Bless Gary!

Aggie 

Periodic Contributor

Agnes,

Good Sunday Morning Coming Down!

Sorry for the delay, but I hate having to sign in every time to reply! 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Here is a reply to my goofy post about plain looking stars. I worry

quite a bit about others feelings. I hate to see anyone hurt. Don

Knotts and the guy who played Gomer Pyle were really picked on.

The Gomer character has a  beautiful singing voice! Everyone

has good attributes and something to contribute.Giving  myself a 

kudo not to  be arrogant but to celebrate all people. God Bless!

eally  picked on

p

p

Regular Contributor

Hi Agnes

I see your meaning. I have noticed that more movies, tv shows have actors that resemble more of the common people  I mean that it's not  just the models, or most handsome men getting roles.  Even handicapped are there.  I can relate more to them. I recently commented that the English , Australian shows have more seniors in their scripts.  So,  Kudos to your point, everyone, no matter age, looks, size, there is talent there.

Marianne

Regular Contributor

Marianne you put that  very nicely.  It is true that  foreign TV seems

to use more common characters. Life is more about everyday people 

anyway. Remember the Donna Reed and Leave It to Beaver shows?

The woman  always  cleaned with a pretty dress on, hair in a French

twist and perfect  make-up. So unreal!  Lol

Agģie

B

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Agnes, I never looked like those moms when I raised a family... I looked bedraggled.. lol.  I was the last one I looked after.  But I survived and the kids turned out just fine.... That is why my children are angels to me now!!!

Marianne

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

You sound. Ike a great mom Marianne and that is why you have such 

wonderful kids! I never clean with heels on leave that to Mrs.Cleaver!Lol

Quiet week-end 50 degrees here in NJ. My brother and me live together

and we have my mother and sister over for a big Sunday dinner. It's a

fun time. We aren all close. Oh Marianne  you may like this ytube

Jim Nabors singing  The Impossible Dream. It"s so beautiful  I got

the chills.  God Bless! 

K

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Agnes or Aggie, which ever you prefer Smiley Happy

I hope  your Sunday with family was just as pleasant as ever.  Gloomy day so it would be nice to have some laughs and good food.

In the process of doing spring cleaning.. I guess ahead of time. One room at a time.. then rest..then move on.  At this age I don't push myself. 

This is the day I make phone calls to see how everyone is doing.  So that should keep me busy for awhile...My son will call later and we chat about this and that.  He calls every day. Probably to see what kind of trouble I got into.Smiley Wink Never a dull moment.

Later I will make something  to eat and I guess watch a Netflix or Amazon show.  Time to relax. 

Take care, 

Marianne

Regular Contributor

Hi. Have tried a couple of timedo post to you. The site has issues.

I'm glad you are doing well. It is so nice that you call friends on

Sunday we all need to do that. Just been very busy. I want a cat!

After viewing about 200 on line, I want like all of them.Lol One was

named Simon & Garfunkel! Do you have any cats or dogs? I like both.

Pets are lots of fun. I like mysteries but I like thrillers more. Who-

ever can tell the best story has my vote! Take care of yourself

Marianne!

Regular Contributor

Hi Aggie,

Finally a human being..Woman Happy  I felt like I was talking to myself.  I have not had any problems with this site. I put pen pals  into my favorites and it pops up.. no signing in all the time.

Well, I finally got my living room ready for Spring.. wasn't easy ... too much clutter. Where I got the energy from I don't know.Man Happy I get it in spurts and take advantage when it comes. 

Yes, I love animals of all kinds.  I used to collect Pandas but that got out of hand.  They are cute.  Then it was  wolves. I think they are beautiful.  Not too many of them, thank goodness.

When my son was young, we got him a puppy but soon found out he was allergic to it. We found a good home for it afterwards.  My mom had a white cat and she had kittens. My son used to play with them and had no problems.  So we adopted  two. Had them for about 9 years,   Meanwhile, Tiger got out and low and behold we had kittens. Found homes for most we kept one. Fester.  Fester was the last of our cats. She was attached  to my son, like a kid.  Followed  him everywhere in the house. Even sat at the bathroom door while he bathed. At 13 she developed cancer.  I can not count the number of vets my son took her to, to make sure the diagnosis was correct. He didn't want to give up on her. But the time was necessary.  So he had her cremated and she is buried. My daughter volunteered at a shelter.  Was a foster parent to new born kittens. Animal lover that she is , she adopted most of them. When I visited I would have burning eyes, trouble breathing. I could not believe that I became allegic to animals after all that I had.  Till today I have problems with that. So sorry to say, I do not have pets.  Although, 2  years ago my landlord called me to tell me that there were 4 kittens in the yard, no mother around.  They were about 5 days old.  Big hearted me took them in.  Up all night feeding them.  Using sprays to help me breath.  At 8 weeks I was able to find a shelter to take in 3 and my son adopted one. I was so depressed to see them go... my heart broke... I got so attached to them.  I was lucky enough to find out from the shelter who took in two of the kittens. I was told they were the most loving kittens and I did a good job  with them. The new parents sent me pictures of the two adopted ones. It made me feel better.  I get to see the one my son adopted.  Out of the bunch he turned out to be a Coon cat. Big ball of fur. Baby Simba.jpg

Contributor

A coon cat they grow big and have great personalities.I own three cats I am the crazy cat lady.This is my last set of cats as I have owned cats since I was 5 years old. I am getting old so I will stop here.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi TB,

I would not consider you a crazy cat lady. I know of one and that is my daughter, lol.  When she you younger she wanted to become a veterinarian . Instead she became a Social Worker for over 30 years.  Still with a love for animals, she volenteered at a shelter. They would give her newborn kittens to foster. Some with medical problems. She nursed them to be as healthy as could be. Some still have  medical issues.  Falling in love with each and every one she adopted them. Now they are senior animals.  In total she has 11 cats and two abandoned dogs.  One dog is blind and deaf ( I guess the reason he was abandoned) and the other one is younger and quite a hand full. Thank goodness she has room for them .  But.. it does cost a lot of money to provide for them  Her hubby is a good guy and does most of the cleaning up.  And so, she is my crazy cat lady.. ha ha ha.

Yes, I guess you read my post about fostering kittens and that my son adopted the coon one.  I used to have cats, for years, but as I got older I became allergic to animals.  I still go near them at my daughter's and they all want to be petted , and so I do.  

I live in the southern part of NYC.  Today is a beautiful sunny day. for a change. It gives me energy to do things around the house.  I always keep busy, things need to be done. Never bored, that is for sure. 

I haven't heard much from this Pen Pal site and glad you reached out. 

Take care,

Marianne.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Gary, 

I wrote  to you on this site  last nignt. After I finished , the post just

disappeared .I hope your day is going good. I saw something today,

I had  never seen  before.  It is 25 degrees and tne sun is  very bright

and it starts snowing! Wow!

Do you have any hobbies? What kind of movies do your like?

Hope to talk soon!

Aggie

Periodic Contributor

Hi Aggie,

I read your post. Yes, the weather has been funny this Winter. Living in the South (Alabama), I have a medium weight coat, a light jacket, a sweater jacket. Sigh! The weather changes constantly here from day to day!

Movies...I don’t see enough movies that I want to see because the theater is 50 miles away!! I sm more into music now.

I am an Amazon Music subscriber, so I listen every day to new music.

I seem to have run out of letters, so I’ll end this letter now.

Bye

Gary

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP