Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Periodic Contributor

Don't blame you a bit Marti. I too don't like to put on the roads during the holidays. Too many people drinking and just being plain senseless. Plus you guys are looking at some bad weather heading your way as well.. Stay safe. Will say a prayer for you friend ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป and thanks for serving and keeping us free! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
MAGGIE
0 Kudos
Contributor

Would love to have a penpal.
I am from Minnesota
Carol
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hey there,

I am from Minnesota, too. I am Cille.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Welcome Cille!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Pen pals sounds like a great idea.
Contributor

Hi Info Seeker,

Pen paling sounds fun to me too if you are still game. Haven't been a pen pal in a long while but I'm hopeful it's like riding a bike!! Im in Texas where it is hotter than tamales already but I love Texas so much I wont complain. Not sure if you ever get acclimated to the long hot summers but have been told over and over that it beats the long snowy winters. Hope to hear from you.

Gina

Gold Conversationalist

Welcome Gina!
If you'd like to be my penpal - send me a message!
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Thank you my2231. Please send me a message!
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Welcome my2231. Nice to meet you.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes I think penpals are a great idea to make new friends ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
MAGGIE
Contributor

YES I THINK PEN PALS IS A GREAT IDES, I WOULD LOVE TO BE SOME ONE PENPAL I AM 73 AND MY HUSBAND PSS SO I AM ALONG. LOOKING FOR SOME THING TO DO. THINKING ABOUT MOVING TO VA, NORTHFOLK
CROUCH
0 Kudos

I would enjoy participating in this pen pal message board too. I am in Minnesota.
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Welcome nq306.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, I am Veronica, 63, work full time, live with my retired husband and family and dogs in Hermitage, Tn.  I like to read, and go on cruises.  Would love to pen pal.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi Veronica, My name is David and Married.
Looking for a pen pal since we are spending so much time close to home.

What will be the new normal??
Me, I am staying close to home, and looking for some new friends.

Be careful, Stay safe.
Please answer to
<removed to protect your privacy>

Thanks, David

David Eig
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

What a great idea, would love to correspond with new people. Nothing personal just everyday chit-chat.

Gold Conversationalist

Welcome!
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Would love to have a pen pal! I get so lonely here. I live in Summerfield, Florida just outside Ocala and I'm also close to the Villages. Have been in Florida most of my life and would love to correspond with someone outside of this state, just to know there's a bigger world out there...
MAGGIE
Periodic Contributor

Hello.

I live in Georgia I would love to be your pen pal. 

Super Contributor

Hi Pamela, My name is David, Married and Retired.
We live in New York and would like a pen pal.

David
David Eig
0 Kudos
Contributor

This is my first attempt to email someone on being a pen pal.  I am also not sure to write, so I will be brief.  I live in East Texas and I have 1 son and 2 grandchildren + 1 new great grandchild.  I've been retired for sometime now and enjoy doing some crafts, left over from when I was working.  

if you'd like to write, we can and find out more about each other.  I did not actually want to write a male, so had thought of not even doing this.  I was not up to that aspect.  I wrote a lady in Australia for a number of years and loved her stories, but I lost contact with her.  

Thanks for responding.

Periodic Contributor

Hello Catherine

I have never done this before either and not quite sure how to do it myself.  I would like a pen pal to talk to also. I am female living in a nursing home at the age of 77 years young.  I have two children's and one granddaughter. I live in Mo.

I like to read all types of books from fiction to historic biographies to mystery and gothic books and some informational books also.  I knit and crochet and work crossword puzzles. I'm learning to play chess.

If you would like send me a note

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Joyce,

Sorry to hear that you are in a nursing home.  Maybe you like it, but just about everybody that I have ever known who was in one did not!  Anyway, I am emailing you because I got a message from the AARP pen pals website that you are seeking pen pals to communicate with.  You might want to give me a shot.  I used to live near St. Louis and I am a big Cardinals baseball fan.  I realize that you did not say what part of Missouri you are from, but it is a beautoful state, all told.  So is Tennessee, and we are not far away.  I reside in an upscale suburb of Memphis called Germantown and I am an early retired professional.  I have two grown daughter with their own families, seven grand kids, two great grand kids, and a German shepherd named Gracie. I am 67 and divorced.  I love to read, too, and by now, I must have read literally thousands of books, so I know at least a little about a lot of things, which can make for good conversation.  I am educated and articulate.  My email is alandgray777@yahoo.com and my mailing address is 7133 Riverwood, Germantown TN 38138.  Give me a shout!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Catherine,

I live in Florida and thought it might be nice to have a Penpal.  I have two surviving daughters and five grandchildren. I also am retired and spend much of my time reading, exercising, and attempting to learn a new language.  

Just yesterday my youngest granddaughter (14) asked me about anything new that I might be doing.  That motivated me to explore something interesting that Iโ€™ve never done before.

I look forward to your reply.

Ann

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Catherine

I would love to be penpals.

I also have five grandchildren and 2 adult children  

My email address is

[Email address removed from PUBLIC view for online privacy. Please use the Private Messaging function on the community]

Look forward to writing and hearing from you. 

Pamela 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I live in SE TN. Have not been on here much because i am in assisted living. hard to type because of Parkinsons but do the best i can.  Now 73 and still like meeting and talking to new friends eberywhere.  Love reasding, baseball, football, old country and 50-6 rock and roll.  USMC vet of Viet Nam. if anyone wants to correspond [Email address removed from PUBLIC view for online privacy. Please use the Private Messaging function on the community] for further info. God bless and stay safe.

Periodic Contributor

Hello I have been checking my email to see if you replied to my post. 

Look forward to writing you.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello Pamela. Sorry to take so long but I am not on here much due to physical problems but try to answer ass much as possible. I an in southeast TN in assisted living so pen pals are about the only form of communication left to me.  I love reading, baseball, football, and of course NASCAR, and 50-60s country and rock music as i am a retired musician and truck driver myself. hope all is well with you and all are safe and warm where you are. Here not bad.  2 days of rain and snow but warming up thank goodness.  hope to hear from you soon.  God Bless

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello! Just got your message.

Would love to be a snail mail pen pal.

Here is my mailing address.

Sandi Tull

[Email address removed from PUBLIC view for online privacy. Please use the Private Messaging function on the community]

I look forward to hearing from you. ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Catherine,

I hope that I spelled your name right.  I am trying my best to respond to your email which I received via the AARP pen pals site a little while ago.  I am a retired professional residing in an upscale suburb of Memphis TN.  I am educated and articulate and have plenty of time to be a good pen pal.  I love to read and, by now, I have probably read literally thousands of books, so I know at least a little about a lot of things, which can make for good conversation across a variety of subjects.  I used to be a musician.  I have a younger sister and brother and two daughters with families of their own,  I just turned 67 last month.  I am divorced, single.  Not looking to "date" or anything like that, just seeking friendship, communication, commraderie, spirituality.  My father was a mathmetician and violinist.  My mother was an artist and muscian.  My [Email address removed from PUBLIC view for online privacy. Please use the Private Messaging function on the community].  Let's give it a whirl!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP