Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: PENPALS

Message 1 of 347

Hello Catherine,

I hope that I spelled your name right.  I am trying my best to respond to your email which I received via the AARP pen pals site a little while ago.  I am a retired professional residing in an upscale suburb of Memphis TN.  I am educated and articulate and have plenty of time to be a good pen pal.  I love to read and, by now, I have probably read literally thousands of books, so I know at least a little about a lot of things, which can make for good conversation across a variety of subjects.  I used to be a musician.  I have a younger sister and brother and two daughters with families of their own,  I just turned 67 last month.  I am divorced, single.  Not looking to "date" or anything like that, just seeking friendship, communication, commraderie, spirituality.  My father was a mathmetician and violinist.  My mother was an artist and muscian.  My email is alandgray777@yahoo.com and my mailing address is 7133 Riverwood, Germantown TN.  Let's give it a whirl!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 347

This is my first attempt to email someone on being a pen pal.  I am also not sure to write, so I will be brief.  I live in East Texas and I have 1 son and 2 grandchildren + 1 new great grandchild.  I've been retired for sometime now and enjoy doing some crafts, left over from when I was working.  

if you'd like to write, we can and find out more about each other.  I did not actually want to write a male, so had thought of not even doing this.  I was not up to that aspect.  I wrote a lady in Australia for a number of years and loved her stories, but I lost contact with her.  

Thanks for responding.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 347

Hello.

I live in Georgia I would love to be your pen pal. 

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 347

How do I post to penpals?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 347

Hello EVERYONE,

Please do not disclose personal details in public. 

If you wish to communicate private details, or connect with another member of the community, please use the Private Messaging function.  Simply click on the username of the person you wish to message, then on their user page, select "Send Private Message" on the right side of the page.  This will open a new page which you can use to type private messages into. (Image Below)

Private messages are only seen between the sender and the recipient

In any case, you should ALWAYS be careful sharing personal details online.

Annotation 2020-01-15 195812.png

Thanks everyone

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 347

Hi Michelle,  I see that you posted this request a month ago, but I just now saw it, and I would love to send letters to the Senior Social Group. [Email address removed from PUBLIC view for online privacy. Please use the Private Messaging function on the community]. Hope to hear back. 

Christine

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 347

Hello Catherine,

I am not sure if I spelled you name right but, in any case, here goes.  First, so sorry to hear about your husband!  I have experienced losses in my life (I just turned 67 last month), but not that kind, so I really can't imagine.  Know that you have my sincerest thoughts and prayers.  I am a Christian and not ashamed of it.  What else can I tell you in a few words.  I would welcome an opportunity to be your pen pal.  I have been to Texas a few times -- to Houston and Dallas, and read about it a lot.  I love to read and have read literally thousands of books by now, which means that I now at least a little about a lot of things, which can make for good conversation across a variety of subjects.  I am educated and articulate.  I have a younger sister and brother.  My father was a mathmetician and a violinist and my mother was an artist and a musician.  I am from Illinois, but have resided in Memphis for over forty years.  I am divorced with two grown daughters with families of their own.  I am willing to do email (my preference since its faster and easier on aging wrists) or "snail mail" (if you don't have a computer or just like getting old-fashioned letters).  [email address and home address removed from PUBLIC view for online privacy. Please use the Private Message feature of the community]  Let me hear from you!

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 347

Hello.  I actually hated to put my birthdate down for fear none would respond to such an aged person, but heck, I am what I am.   My names is Catherine and I live in East Texas, what they call the Piney's.  I am not sure what I can write for the 1st time, so I will begin by saying my husband passed away December 2018.  I started trying to pick up the pieces and get on with things, but this morning I decided to see if there were any pen-pal organizations around.  I don't take pictures well and just chose this one as I look happy.  Truthfully, I am not always happy, but I am positive and try to be.   So many things I could write about myself but unsure I would get any replies, so I am up to hearing about others and their life.  

84433D58-45A3-496C-AAE5-43108EA8D730.jpeg

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 347

Hello Alan,

I was just browsing this site for the first time, and your name kept coming up. I said 'this guy sounds interesting, he sounds like he is the friend to have'. I am retired, female, 60, and like you 'not looking to date' just wish I had someone to 'talk' to. I live in Phoenix, AZ ( I love the desert ) , am the proud "cat mom" to 4 , very spoiled cats, whom would love to give Gracie a run for her money. Hope we can become "pals".  Have a great day.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 347

Hello,

I have received your message and would welcome the opportunity to try being your penpal friend.  I early retired as an educated professional about fourteen years ago.  I love to read and, by now, I must have read thousands of books.  I am very selective and only read quality books.  I own a German shepherd named Gracie (she is a great security system!) and I have come to love dogs.

My father was a mathetician and violinist and my mother was an artist and muscian.  I reside in an upscale suburb of Memphis called Germantown.  I can do email (my preference since its fast and easy) or "snail mail" (if you don't have a computer). I am safe, not looking for a "date" or anything like that -- just friendship, exchange of ideas, and spirituality.  I just turned 67.  That should be enough to get started.

Kudos
Views