Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Contributor

Hello Penpals

I am new on this site.  I would be interested in emailing about life up an downs or interests with people from any area in the USA.  I am 69, retired, married and lonely, have 3 grown children and 7 grandchildren.   I am originally from upstate NY but reside in Texas since 1993.   

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Good afternoon, 

I would love to be pen pals! 

I am looking for pen pals. One that doesn't mind email. I was thinking of making it a weekly, biweekly, or monthly correspondence depending on their schedules. During these times, I feel that it is a good time to reach out to people and make friends. A little about me, I am recently married and almost 31 years old. We have two cats and a dog. I have been called an "old soul" my entire life which may be why I studied history and library science in college. I love history, listening and telling stories. I am really into puzzles, reading, gardening, baking, and crafts. I am currently learning cross stitch and crochet. 

Thank you! I look forward to hearing you all! Have a happy holidays:) 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Marilyn,

My name is Joe it is nice to meet you. I enjoy reading as much as I do writing and would enjoy emailing if you are still looking for a pen pal.  I live in Ohio but grew up in NJ during the winter and Cape Cod, a summer home, during my childhood summers. I came to Ohio for college and have a degree in mechanical engineering. I am 66 and retired but busier than ever....anyway probably enough for now until I know if you are interested....how to hear from you and I wish you a happy New Year....looking forward to hearing from you....Joe

0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn,

61 yr old man, from sw mi here.

Seeking any chats.

Let me know when you get this, I'll write more.

Duane

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Marilynn,

Did I spell your name right?  I hope so!  At any rate, I am a long retired ago 66-year old professional in the Memphis, TN area (originally from Illinois), educated, divorced, healthy, with two grown daughters, seven grandchildren, and two great grandchildren (so far).  I used to be a musician.  I like to read.  I led a very busy life.  I like to email  Give me a chance -- you'll probably be glad you did. If you decide to email me back, tell me where you are and maybe a little more about yourself.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for emailing.  I am in the DFW area.  I am 69 yrs old.  I am a retired hospice nurse, and also have a degree in Paramedics..I have lived in New Orleans, Fla, Pa moved around a lot while my first spouse was climbing the corp ladder.  He passed in 1998.  I used to be a very athletic but as one ages the muscles and joints don't cooperate as well...lol...tell me more about your music career.  If you would like you can send me a Private Message through the community .Happy Saturday

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am writing for my 86 year old mother living in New Jersey.  She is looking for penpals to write to via snail mail.  if there is anyone interested in exchanging letters with a senior, woman please let me know.

thank you,

for Rose

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

🙂

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi there, I have a church friend in her 60s who would like a fellow senior as a snail mail pen pal. Marilee lives in San Francisco. Let me know if that would work! 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello. I’m looking for a pen pal. I lost my Aunt recently. We were pen pals for many, many years. I really miss her letters in the mail. 

Im in my 60s with grown children and we have grandchildren. 

I work part time.

Hope to hear from you.

Sincerely, Sandi.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Sandi,

I would probably make a really good penpal for you.  I lost my aunt a few years ago -- she was also my special penpal and like a second mother to me.  I was truly fortunate to have had her in my life!

I am in my 60s too, a retired professional, educated articulate, and intelligent.  I have siblings (a younger sister and a younger brother), two grown daughters, seven grandkids, and two great grandkids.  My email [email address and home address removed from public view for security reasons. Please use Private Messaging function].  Please respond!  Tell me a little bit about yourself and where you are.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Sandi, I have a church friend in her 60s. She doesn't have a computer and can only write via snail mail. She lives in SF, no kids, no spouse, no pets... Just a brother who cares for her and church friends. Would you want to write with her? If so, please let me know your address 🙂

Best,
Gloria
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

0 Kudos
Contributor

Great Sandi! I'll pass this onto her on Sunday 🙂

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Gloria,

Tell your church friend that I am willing to give it a whirl.  I was raised in church -- my Mother was a choir director and my father was a deacon, so I imagine that we can relate that way.  I am a retired professional aged 66 and live in an upscale Memphis suburb, Germantown.  I am divorced with two daughters, seven grand kids, and two great grand kids.  My mailing address is 7133 Riverwood, Germantown TN 38138.  My email is alandgray777@yahoo.com.  Looking forward to hearing from you or your friend. - Alan 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Alan, I'll give Marilee your postal address when I see her in a couple of weeks 🙂 Thanks!

Gloria

0 Kudos

I am interested in pen pals preferably in New Jersey or neighboring states. I am a 73 year old lady.
0 Kudos

Yes I would be interested in writing snail mail with your mom. I also live in NJ. Please send me your address via my email Yourfriendbunny@aol.com   My name is Bunny ...I will be 73 years old next Wednesday.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Dear Rose,

I am a retired professional and have been resting from a very busy life.  However, I do want to continue to help people, at least in some small way, and I do have plenty of time on my hands.  So, if your mother is lucid, and wouldn't mind receiving a "snail mail" from a 66-year old articulate, educated person, and I can somehow get a mailing address as appropriate.  I am willing to give it a whirl -- at least on a trial basis.  Enough said.

0 Kudos

Greetings from Nutley, NJ....I am a 73 year old lady living in NJ. I am interested in pen pals. I live alone, no family left now. It would be nice to share some joys and laughs and etc...with someone nearer my own age group such as yourself. I think I can leave my email here and then we can snail mail...*regular* mail if you prefer. Sometimes I like that better. My name is Bunny. My email is: Yourfriendbunny@aol.com   hope to hear from you. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

It is with heavy heart that I write this today.  In the past I had about 14 email buddies.  We would  send each other jokes, notes. They came from all parts of the US and one or two from Europe and Australia.  Little by little they passed on, or went to nursing homes.  I was left with just two. Today I was notified another of my buddies passed on. He was a sweet man who loved to play the old time piano. He sent me emails with attachments of  his music, which I made a folder of on my computer. Very humorous too.  I will sorely miss him  I hope he is at peace now.

I still have my buddy in Australia.  He takes trips and sends a few pictures of these trips.  He recently went to Tailand with his family.  In a way, I feel like I went on vacation too... seeing all that scenery thru his emails. I will never get to these places but as least I get an idea of what they are like.

I do wish , thru this Pen Pal site that I can make new friends .  So, if interested, just drop a note.

Marianne

Contributor

I hope it is ok if you and I can become pen pals?? I live now live in Illinois and had been a soldiers wife. I am going through a divorce and it is tough starting over.I would Love to you have some one to write to consistently. Yes I understand how you feel my best friend Brenda passed away and then my other friend passed leaving me friendless as we three use to do everything together. So I am alone and lonely plus the divorce. So if it is good with you we can chat and get to know each other ok

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi,My name is Pam and I live in Illinois also.I am 60 years young and I felt your lonliness as I am an introvert but I do have a few very good friends.I am a private person and have no wish to be social with a bunch of fake people.I will gladly write to you and hope it helps ease your lonliness.I work full time as a cna so I have no glam job nor have a Harvard education or am I wealthy.Like most I live paycheck to paycheck but consider myself very fortunate to have the little bit I have.I work the evening shift so if you decide to respond I will be checking my email after 11pm.Whatever happens in your life just look around and you will see things are a lot worse for others.Good luck and I hope life gets better for you.Pam

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

MarianneS959437,

I am truly sorry for your loss. But every time you reread an email he is with you. Some little thing will spark a memory of your friend 😉. I know how hard this is, I keep a candle burning for a friend I lost resently.  I know her for over 25 years. We went to school together. This year I think I will plant a tree in her memory. This way I will always have some thing to remember her and can see the tree every day. Hope you are doing well. Nancy

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your kind words.  Yes, I will think of my friend especially when I listen to the music he had sent to me.  I think he had a good life. He was a Marine in his younger days.  When that career was over he joined the NY State Troopers.  I do believe he retired from there.  Loved his motorcycle too.  Believe it or not I met him in a Pen Pal site way back when.  See.. nice things can happen on those sites.  But.. you have to watch out.  Choose wisely. My son is always on my case.  Giving me warnings.  I listen to him too.  Alert.. lol. 

Another friend that I had met on the old AOL Pen Pal site 13 years ago is now my real friend.  Turned out he lived not to far from me. After talking (or writing) for 6 months we started talking on the phone.  Then one day we met up in a Dunkin Donut coffee shop.  We liked each other's company.  Now and then he takes me to Dr. appts, shopping, dinners.  He, at times, goes to my son's BBQs.  Turned out to be a good friend.  See, ya never know!!  lol

Take care, 

Marianne

Contributor

Hi, I was glad to hear the good story of you meeting a good guy on this sight and becoming real friends. I am mostly sadden by the non stop violence in the 🌎 and how it has become in style to be mean to people. However I still believe there are more good people than bad people in the world. I really think the evening news broadcast should end with a good positives person who is not famous.I know there are regular people who just do go things for no reason. I was sad about the church burning down. If we can learn in a positive way from the fire to better preserve other land marks then something good can come from the bad.

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

MarianneS959437,

I only write on this pen pal board. However, a daughter of an AARPer did reach out to me. She is 21, from Africa and currently in her last year of college. This is pretty cool. I don't even have a Facebook page. I understand your son's concerns, I get the same thing from my daughter. Yet, Ashley will travel the world. She has been to Rwanda, Sweden, Trinidad, Tobago, New Orleans, Amsterdam, Brussels.etc. Ashley used to go on camping trips with various groups of people. I think it's sweet that our children are concerned about us. I am sure, like me, you have been worried about your children.

I am watching the News, I am sadned by the fire of the cathedral of Notre Dame. Oh the history that was destroyed. The beautiful architecture. Did you see the news. Hope to hear from you soon and that you are doing well.  Nancy

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Nancy,

Wow it sounds like your daughter , at her young age, has had many good adventures.  Probably has many great  and not so great tales to tell. Do you have any souveniers from her trips? Glad it all turned out well though. "Bully for her"  lol.

Easter Sunday I will be going out to dinner with my two children and their mates.  I have to discuss birthday presents with my daughter and her hubby.  Hers is May 3rd and his is May 13th.  I never know what to get and try to find hints as to what is really needed, if any thing. Since they just moved from their house to a new one I figured they might want or need something new for it. You know, when you get to a certain age, you have most things and have no need for more.  Only if things wear out or break, then that is different.  I don't like to give just cash because that is too impersonal, like no thought went behind the gift. 

I hope you have a nice Easter day. 

take care,

Marianne.

Regular Contributor

Marianne, I've so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you had a special,

lovely friendship. I'm sure he will never forget you. I'm glad you stuck it

out and your still posting. You said you had lived in Sea Grit. Did

you go to Seaside Heights or Long Beach Island as a child? We went

to those places. Dad use to like Ocean City. We went there a few

summers and I had a great time. I loved the beach. My favorite

beach is Diamond Beach at wildwood. Sorry you are on disability.

You seem like you keep busy and that is a good thing. I had an accident

Thursday. I was just leaving a gas station and my brakes failed. I nearly

hit a parked car and a glass window. Finally to my horror the car almost

when out on the highway. I turned to the right on grass and hit a pole!

I tried steering from it but I couldn't it fast enough. Lots of damage to

car. The airbags did not deploy. I had seat belt on but I'm black and blue.

God was with me, Marianne. Thanks for listening dear. Take care of

yourself.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP