Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: PENPALS

Message 61 of 226

I, like several others, find myself alone most of the time.  I gave my all to my family and career and I've ended up with no friends at this stage of my life.  I'm 68 and often wonder how that happened.  I seem to have outlived the friends that truly mattered and the rest just disappeared along the way.  I would love to have a friend with whom to write.  I have varied interests.  I've been working on my family's genealogy for quite some years.  I often wonder if I will ever finish it as some of my roots go back 15 or 20 generations or more.  I study my Bible daily and would love to discuss various points of interest there, but some might find my questions rather heretic or blasphemous.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian and my faith is very strong.  I just tend to interpret the Bible different than I've been taught and wonder if others do the same.  I hope to see someone reply to my post.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 226

I would like to become a pen pal to someone who likes to write letters via U.S. Postal Service. How do I accomplish this? 

Thank you, 

Andrea Sauceda

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: WISH: PENPALS

Message 63 of 226

Hi Jane.  Just joined so I am really new to this.  Your post was the first i saw.  I am 72 disabled and a widower for 28 yrs now.  Presently living in a retirement center.  One daughter who has her own family and various family scattered fro coast to coast.  I am a USMC veteran of viet nmam, retired truck driver and musician and just looking for someone to have a decent intelligent conversation with.  Email would be best as i have a touch of Parkinsons and tremors make my penmanship a terrible sight.  I love country music, Tennesse football and Atlanta Braves baseball, reading, and American history, espescially native american.  If you would like to reply i am in TN.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: July 14 2018 A Thought Pen Pal difficulty

Message 64 of 226

Hi Merriman

This is Jane. I am very similar to you. My age is 61 young. Lol ! I enjoy reading and am also sick of folks faves stuck in cell phones. So sad this robot phase people are obsessed with today.  [email address removed from public view to protect your online privacy]. Please respond via PM when you can.

Jane Spitfire

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: WISH: PENPALS

Message 65 of 226

Hi! I am lonely older career lady currently in CA. My children are grown and single but really need a pen pal. Please respond back 

Jane

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 226

Good evening & Happy New Year 2019 Susan, I'm here 😊 "resting my bones" -- sited having fellowship with my wife, daughter & our "Treasure" my 8 yr., old grandson, I try my best to enjoy life "one moment at a time / in a tranquil manner regardless of life's daily issues, may the Higher Power of your understanding bless you with lots ..., of health / inner peace & always keep you safe, "buenas noches" / good night.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 226

Hello,

I hope this new years bring you hope, happiness, and friendships. Near and far to you. I found a Quilt group by accidently one day in a local library so I've joined. I've joined my Local gym so i can have more people to communicate with in a group. I needed to come out my comfort make me more happy.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 226

I red your posts and am in the same situation as you. I have recently lost my husband after taking care of him for many years. I find myself now very alone. I have adult children but no one who has the same experiences as me.  My family is all gone or live in different parts of the world..

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 226

Gary --- warm respectful greetings from Puerto Rico / USA, I'm Genaro a disabled US Army veteran, I could relate to you, I too don't like the world "old" I instead preferr "a little less young" -- 😊, while in the military I worked as a "Connon crew member" (MOS 13B10), I served our blessed Nation / USA with dignity, respect & pride. I'm greatful to a Higher Power every day for being alive, being a cancer survivor, having a wonderful wife (we being married for over 35 yrs.,) two grown up children (a daughter & a son) and two treasures -- [grandsons 8 & 10]. In closing, sincerely wishing you lots ... of health & may the Higher Power of your understanding instill in your inner self --- HIS calmness / peace --- every day I try to take "life issues" one moment at a time, I have learned the only thing I have for certain *** is today and now ***, be safe & take care, don't be timid, feel free to reach out to this 58 yrs., old disabled veteran, I enjoy pen paling, meeting folks from all over the world, 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 226

Happy Holidays to you & a very Happy New Year --- full of lots ..., of health & inner calmness, my sincere wishes from Puerto Rico / USA, be safe, don't hesitate to reply if you wish to be my Pen Pal "One Moment At A Time"

Kudos
Views