Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: WISH: PENPALS

Message 81 of 252

Roger,

Yup you sound like  a country raised man. But that is ok because my parents were from the south....Wilmington and Charolotte North Carolina. My mom was a GRIT (Girl Raised in the South). big on cooking, cleaning, having always a side job,  and speaking her mind sometimes right time and sometimes the wrong time.  I learned tact from her; pretty much too quiet and too shy at times. My parents were married 65 years before passing and had 6 children.(3 girls and 3 boys) I was the youngest and they had me when they were in early 50.s.Of course they were teased a lot about that.  As a teen I was into square dancing on weekends as routine with the fellas. Boy was that a long time ago. LOL  My parents use to watch Hee Haw , and Mayberry RFD along with all the old cowboy movies like Gunsmoke, Cartwrights. I still like cowboy or war movies. Not many good ones cowboy movies around now..but I did like Longmire the show. It is  on Netflick now but used to be on regular TV. Gosh everything changes. Roger, is that a good thing or  a bad thing..changes?   

Well I have been traveling alot the last few years  and going to try Lousiana. I did not know about the huge bugs . Thank you Roger! LOL But I will get  a dog and train him to kill the bugs.What do you think of that? I love dogsas pets. Now I feel sad I cannot have pets now. But one day again. do you like dogs or cats or neither?  In my life since a kid I must of owned over 30 dogs. I owned  a pet wolf once.  Ok I am telling you too much.  I should talk about the time I went to Munich, Germany on vacation and almost got shot by a guard. You might hate dogs or wildlife whereas everyone likes vacations. My favorite place to visit is NY city (never live there though). I like mostly veggies and make the best meatloaf you could every taste  I have been told I am good cook too. 

Hey have a great day and stay safe!!

Your Friend

Jane.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 252

Dear Jane;

I am a sagaritius born and raised in a small coal mining community about 35 miles north of Chattanooga TN.  Being a country boy from the word go, I like most all foods but have always been a meat and potatos type.  Favorite though would have to be bananna pudding.  As for favorite places i would say Gulf Shores AL or Daytona FL.  Not familiar with either of the books you mentioned, but the one called Vox sounds like a take pon a Muslim president and some of thier ruls for women.  I am not very up on modern country, more into classic country that i grew up with.  Marty robbins, Ray Price, Willie \Nelson and Merle Haggard.  My redneck side showing.

You mentioned moving to Louisiana,  From what i have seen, southern LA, MS, and AL all have severe storms out of the Gulf and bugs and snakes big enough to carry off a small dog.  Northern parts are nice though.  Guess i am biased toward TN though.

My current reading is You Be the Judge about the Scopes trial in Dayton TN.  Interesting to me since an ancestor of mine was presiding judge for the trial.  I also liked Trail of Tears, Rise and fall of the Cherokee Nation.  Sad what happened to such a peaceful and advanced Indian people.

Sorry if this is lengthy.  Have a great evening and hope to hear from you soon.

Your friend

Roger.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: July 14 2018 A Thought Pen Pal difficulty

Message 83 of 252

My family is close and far, but they don't show up unless their in need so i don't bother anyone. I joined my Local groups and keep moving forward..

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 252

II am almost 62 years old, kinda extroverted been married but single now and all my 3 children 2boys and girl  are grown. It is just me, myself and I. Currently living in California but it is not the place for me. Landscape is lovely but just not my cup of tea. I plan on moving somewhere by end of April 2019  ...maybe Louisana.

So tell me more about yourself. What is your favorite food? Best place ever visited? I love to read too as you. Currenly just read The 57 Bus a true story abut 2 teens on a bus in Oakland CA which one  teen set other on fire cause he wore a dress casue he was confused on his sexuality.  Teens can do dumb things at time! The other  book I am reading is called Vox it is a fake story about the US president has declare all females cannot speak more than 100 words a day If they do get a shock from the bracelets all American ladies must wear.  It is a interesting drama story  .Addicted to the Netflix  TV show Longmire. Have you ever seen it?  

I like all kinds of music. Some of my favorite country songs right now are: Heaven by Kane Brown' and Meant To Be by Florida Georgia Line, and In Case You Didn t Know by Brett Young. Go to Youtube and listen..pretty words.

Ok when is your date of birth?  Just curious .  I am Cancer sign born July 19

Have a GREAT day!!

Your Friend

Jane

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 252

Hi Merrimen,

I am glad you contacted me! I hope your day is going well. I am almost 62 years old, kinda extroverted been married but single now and all my 3 children 2boys and girl  are grown. It is jsut me, myslef and I. Currently living in California but it is not the place for me. Landscape is lovely but jsut not my cup of tea. I plan on moving somewhere by end of April 2019  ...maybe Louisana.

So tell me more about yourself. What is your favorite food? Best place ever visited? I love to read too as you. Currenly just read The 57 Bus a true story abut 2 teens on a bus in Oakland CA which one  teen set other on fire cause he wore a dress casue he was confused on his sexuality.  Teens can do dumb things at time! The other  book I am reading is called Vox it is a fake story about the US president has declare all females cannot speak more than 100 words a day If they do get a shock from the bracelets all American ladies must wear.  It is a interesting drama story  .Addicted to the Netflix  TV show Longmire. Have you ever seen it?  

I like all kinds of music. Some of my favorite country songs right now are: Heaven by Kane Brown' and Meant To Be by Florida Georgia Line, and In Case You Didn t Know by Brett Young. Go to Youtube and listen..pretty words.

Have a GREAT day!!

Your Friend

Jane

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 252

Hi Roger,

I am glad you contacted me! I hope your day is going well. I am almost 62 years old, kinda extroverted been married but single now and all my 3 children 2boys and girl  are grown. It is jsut me, myslef and I. Currently living in California but it is not the place for me. Landscape is lovely but jsut not my cup of tea. I plan on moving somewhere by end of April 2019  ...maybe Louisana.

Have a GREAT day!!

Your Friend

Jane

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: PENPALS

Message 87 of 252

I, like several others, find myself alone most of the time.  I gave my all to my family and career and I've ended up with no friends at this stage of my life.  I'm 68 and often wonder how that happened.  I seem to have outlived the friends that truly mattered and the rest just disappeared along the way.  I would love to have a friend with whom to write.  I have varied interests.  I've been working on my family's genealogy for quite some years.  I often wonder if I will ever finish it as some of my roots go back 15 or 20 generations or more.  I study my Bible daily and would love to discuss various points of interest there, but some might find my questions rather heretic or blasphemous.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian and my faith is very strong.  I just tend to interpret the Bible different than I've been taught and wonder if others do the same.  I hope to see someone reply to my post.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: PENPALS

Message 88 of 252

I would like to become a pen pal to someone who likes to write letters via U.S. Postal Service. How do I accomplish this? 

Thank you, 

Andrea Sauceda

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 252

Hi Jane.  Just joined so I am really new to this.  Your post was the first i saw.  I am 72 disabled and a widower for 28 yrs now.  Presently living in a retirement center.  One daughter who has her own family and various family scattered fro coast to coast.  I am a USMC veteran of viet nmam, retired truck driver and musician and just looking for someone to have a decent intelligent conversation with.  Email would be best as i have a touch of Parkinsons and tremors make my penmanship a terrible sight.  I love country music, Tennesse football and Atlanta Braves baseball, reading, and American history, espescially native american.  If you would like to reply i am in TN.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 252

Hi Merriman

This is Jane. I am very similar to you. My age is 61 young. Lol ! I enjoy reading and am also sick of folks faves stuck in cell phones. So sad this robot phase people are obsessed with today.  [email address removed from public view to protect your online privacy]. Please respond via PM when you can.

Jane Spitfire

Kudos
Views