Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Regular Contributor

Hi My name is Hylda I would love a pen pal. I live in R.I. and have just retired. I am 57 have 3 children and no grandchildren yet. My background is Retail Managment and I owned a licensed daycare/Preschool for 15 years before retiring. I love reading, traveling and animals rescue.
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

A warm welcome and thank you to all the people who posted on this subject. 

TEAPOT.jpg

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi                    You can count me in for email pen paling but how do I sign in for that with my email?

Betty S

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi everyone,  I'm a little late getting back on this topic, I had trouble finding it.  Everyone sounds very nice.  It would be nice to talk to someone but it is kinda hard with so many people and not too many actual names to go by.  Don't want to get too personal on this format. 

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Jan,

I saw your post under "Penpals".  You live in Phoenix....I live in The Villages, Florida.  You are 71...and no family left.It must be very lonely.  Do you like your senior apartment?  Do you own or rent?  I bought a place here in TV but am always on the lookout for other opportunities.  We just experienced the tailend of Hurricane Hermine and I can tell you it was something I had never experienced.  The winds were fierce!  A tornado touched down 23 miles from here.There hadn't been a hurricane in Florida in the last 11 years.  We moved here in December 2015 from California. Earthquakes to hurricanes, Mother Nature can be very scarey.

Tell me about your life....I'd love to know more about you!

3356605ol4i3id2l2.gif

Contributor

Hi everyone!

I'm Roberta and I live in Phx, **bleep**.  I'm not retired, but facing it in about five years.  I am American Indian and love the idea of Pen Pals, honestly, it might bring me to open the site more often! Smiley Frustrated I like to swim, and talk about ideas and our history, going to church, sew, make other crafts, go to events or to the movies, read... share... volunteer, and lots more. 

I don't mind a pen pal in town, or across the country... or from another country, I'm open to be your pal.  Hope your day was a good one!

Peace!

0 Kudos
Contributor

How do I find a penpal from Europe? I am planning on going there in a few weeks. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Veronica, my name is Cindy and I will be 57 on the 4th of July. I live in Buckeye Arizona. I am disabled but prior to that I worked in Healthcare administration. I am married, have one grown son and 3 granddaughters. I hope to hear back from you soon. Have a wonderful holiday today.
Sincerely,
Cindy
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi, My name is David from New York
Happy Birthday
Looking for a pen pal.

Please respond to
[personal email address removed from public view - please use the Private Messaging provided on the community]

Be safe and have a great day.
David

David Eig
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Cindy,  my name is Jan and I live in Phoenix.  Nice to find another person from Arizona.  I live in a senior apartment bldg.  I'm 71 and I love horses, animals in general, doing cross word puzzles and shopping.  I don't have any family left.  Hope your having a good holiday weekend!

Super Contributor

Hi Jan, Looking for another pen pal? I am in my 70's also, life alone, have no family. enjoy crossword puzzles, Jeopardy, reading and knitting hats for chemo patients. Still live in my home, but it is much to large for me now, just cannot seem to let go, yet. Hope to continue talking with you.

PB

Periodic Contributor

Hi, I'm in my 70s too. I live alone except for my dogs, in western NY. I like to read books, read email, walk my dogs, play Bridge, watch L&O on Tv, Dancing with the stars, etc. I will email pen pal if you like.

Dottie

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Dottie,
I saw your post and I have similar interests. I enjoy reading and playing bridge. I read voraciously about 5 books a week. I also have a dog. I haven't quite figured out to do forum posting. Is there a way we can communicate privately or off forum?
Hope to communicate further.
Karen
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi PB,  thanks for the response.  Can you tell me where you live?  I've been thinking about moving elsewhere but don't know where yet.  And I forgot to mention that I love baseball & my DBacks in Arizona.  I don't get out much, don't have a car anymore since my neuropathy in my feet got so worse I couldn't feel the brake pedal anymore.  But I use the bus and cabs to go out.  Hope to hear from you again.  Jan

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, I am Veronica, 63, work tull time, live with my retired husb and family in Hermitage TN.  Like reading, beach, and cruising.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I think it would be fun to have a penpal, but I'd prefer it to be one on one, not on a public forum.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

No problem!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, I am Veronica, 63, work full time, live with my retired husband and family and dogs in Hermitage TN.  Like to go on cruises, and read.  Would love to pen pal.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@uchick wrote:

Hi, I am Veronica, 63, work full time, live with my retired husband and family and dogs in Hermitage TN.  Like to go on cruises, and read.  Would love to pen pal.

Hi, I am Carmen and live in Texas.  Being an pen pal sounds good to me.

I am original from Germany.  I am retired and my hobbies are animals, gardening and traveling.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi:
I live in the Capital of Texas area. I think this is a great idea. I am retired and love working in the garden, cooking, and painting.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello to Kim Houston. 
I tried to reply but your โ€œsend private messageโ€ is not set up so I was unable to send you my info about becoming a pen pal. 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Carmen...welcome!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, I am Carmen and live in Texas.  Being an pen pal sounds good to me.

I am original from Germany.  I am retired and my hobbies are animals, gardening and traveling.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi Carmen, My name is David and Married.
Looking for a pen pal since we are spending so much time close to home.
A strange moment in American History.
Me, I am staying close to home, and looking for some new friends.
Be careful, Stay safe.
Please answer to
[personal email address removed from public view - please use the Private Messaging provided on the community]

Thanks, David

David Eig
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I think it would be cool to have a pen pal....  Or I guess it would be a keyboard pal since no one actually communicates by mail.  

Gold Conversationalist

Rockaria...cute "cool" kitty!
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi. I just received this penpal info from AARP and would really enjoy participating. My name is Marti and I live in SC. Memorial Day is a meaningful day to me because I am from a very long line of veterans, from WWll to Desert Storm. I plan to stay off the roads today and enjoy being at home. Hope your day is a good one. Marti
Periodic Contributor

Hi. Thank you for the kudos! I am a retired teacher, and now an active volunteer in my community, so I definitely stay busy. Nice to hear from you. Have a beautiful day. Marti
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi, My name is David from New York
Thanks for your service as a teacher
Looking for a pen pal.

Please respond to

Be safe and have a great day.
David

David Eig
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP