Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Contributor

Hello Allen,

I am interested in finding someone to correspond with on the topic of books. I read everything, fiction, and nonfiction. In fiction, I prefer suspense, thrillers, mystery, and horror. In nonfiction, I prefer books that will teach me something useful.

I am a 63-year-old woman, semi-retired, living in Northern California with 3 cats and over 900 books.

If you are interested in corresponding about books read, please email me at [Email address removed from PUBLIC view for online privacy. Please use the Private Messaging function on the community]

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Dear MarAnf2161....I am near you in Florida. I'm so sorry you are lonely. I just moved to Florida recently and can tell you that there is a HUGE difference between Florida and California. There definitely is a bigger world out there......Please send me a note.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, I am Veronica, 63, work full time and live in Hermitage TN with my retired husb and family and dogs.  Love the beach, reading, and cruising. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would definitely be interested in corresponding.
Ron Thirin
Periodic Contributor

Hi Ron! Welcome to penpals! Where are you from? Doing anything special today with friends and family? My name is Maggie by the the way and I live in north central Florida.
MAGGIE
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Maggie. I live in North Central Florida also....
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Me too! "The Villages", Florida! It is wonderful.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi, My name is David from New York
Looking for a pen pal.

Please respond to
[personal email address removed from public view - please use the Private Messaging provided on the community]

Be safe and have a great day.
David

David Eig
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi, Ron. I just posted but not sure to whom! Would enjoy participating . Hope your Memorial Day is good. We are having a beautiful day here in Upstate SC.I am hoping to get out on our very small neighborhood lake and try out my kayak. Should be interesting for sure. Happy Memorial Day! Marti
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Ron,
Any plans for today?
Carol
Carol
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi MarAn,

My name is Phyllis and my parents also live in Summerfield, FL.  I live in Charlotte, NC.  I had a penpal as a kid and it was lots of fun.  I am an accourntant and work full time.  Was just on-line ordering a new range and over the range microwave.

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis
Good to meet you on here and even more we both live in NC.
Hope your day is going great
Blessings
Dawn
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Phyllis...we are neighbors!
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hey there Phyllis! Hello from Hot, humid central Florida!🌤 Pleased to make your acquaintance! Got any plans for today? Just me and my boxer hanging out here at home.
MAGGIE
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi!

That sounds like a great idea.  I really love meeting new people and making new friends.  I live on the Eastern Shore of VA about 10 miles from Chincoteague Island.  Wonderful place to be. Looking forward to hearing from anyone interested in chatting. 

Have a great day!

Pat

0 Kudos
Contributor

HiPat
I love s pen pal
I live in Oceanside Ca
Still working and my aioli rd near at Manassas VA
Gold Conversationalist

Dear Jarchow,

Hello from Florida!  I am from Southern California and love Oceanside and San Diego, CA.  Hope we can be penpals.  Please send me a note!  Thank you!

BEACH.jpg

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Dear Jarchow...Oceanside - such a lovely place!
Hope you will send me a message.
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi jarchow - WELCOME!
I am from Orange County, California - now living in "The Villages", Florida. Was considering Oceanside for retirement, but decided on Florida. Please write and tell me more about you. Working near Manassas, VA.
That sounds interesting.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi I was raised in Orange Co. and thought of retiring in Oceanside but enjoy living in the Central Coast Calif. so I'm selling my house in Oceanside. Do you know how to get a penpal from Europe? I'm leaving for a trip there real soon. Thanks!

Periodic Contributor

Hi Pat.

I'm a "Jersey Gir."  Born and raised here.  I live about an hour fromt he Jersey Shore.  I've always wanted a penpal but didn't know how to go about it.  Let me know if you're interested in communicating.

Chris

Periodic Contributor

What a great idea AARP.  I guess I was a little confused with the penpal process here.  I'm from New Jersey and I've always wanted to find a penpal but didn't know how to go about it....so this is great.  Send me a message if you're interested in chatting. 

Chris

Contributor

Chris, how did you get your photo on the page?
Carol
Carol
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Carol.
I created a profile years ago and put my picture on it so this pulled it over. If you haven't created a profile, do so and include your picture. I'm still unsure...can we send a private message to a penpal without having to post it here for everyone to read? I would think that makes more sense with having a penpal otherwise this should be called a message blog.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Chris, I too remember having a penpal. He was from Japan when I was in high school. Use to love running to the mailbox after school looking for a letter. Member those days when we would get the snail mail?
I live in Minnesota. I have two part-time jobs that I love.
Would love to have a penpal… Carol
Carol
Contributor

I would love to have an email pen pal.  I live in Jacksonville Florida. 

Contributor

Hi! How is Jacksonville treating you? I visited there a few years ago and loved it.
Carol
Carol
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, I am Veronica, 63, work full time, live with my retired husb and family and dogs in Hermitage, TN.  Love reading, the beach, cruises.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Veronica...welcome!
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Yes. It is really a great idea. Besides, can get to know each other and perhaps visit each other. Nothing to loose except gaining knowledge and expand the horizon.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP