Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Contributor

Hi. Pen pal seeker here. Wanting to learn about anotherโ€™s life and ideas. Game?

Super Contributor

Yes I am game
Contact me at pdeig@optonline.net

David
David Eig
0 Kudos
Contributor

i am 66 years old. i was injured in a fall last year and underwent a serious surgery  on my leg.  since then i have been home bound  and at times very lonely even though i have caregivers.  i live in Penna and  would like to communicate through email.  people used to say before  the  pandemic that they could not understand how i could stay inside and now they say they don't want to go outside. i like to communicate with all nationalities.  I am a christian. my family includes many different cultures  and I would like to communicate with happy people also, all genres. i sometimes feel pretty lonely. ag does not matter. hope to hear from someone soon.

0 Kudos

I am a retired high school science teacher that has been isolated by the virus and would like to communicate with someone about their experiences with this lockdown and how they are coping. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Colleen, how are you?...What state are you in?...I am in New York...๐Ÿค“

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Coleen would be great to communicate about how we are making the best of a strange world. Isolation and no in person social interaction with others strikes me as being temporary (be it very long) but a chance to do those things we never had the time. If doesn't get done now probably won't. I even organized my recipes after ages of just throwing them in a drawer. I find Zoom meetings really help. My sister is doing a weightwachers zoom that seems to be great. I have a book club online and our library is offering some zoom classes. Each morning I wake up and say, its going to be a great day and I am going to get something done productive. Through NextDoor the app that connects one to their neighborhood I feel like I'm a little less isolated. But my big joy and social is taking my dog to a dog park and visiting with new people everyday. Let me know how you are coping and the problems and joys you have experienced..
claudia caudill
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, would love to be a penpal!

Linda

Live, laugh, love
Gold Conversationalist

Great Linda...send me a note!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Linda!
Did you have a good Memorial Day? I did. It was beautiful out here in Minnesota.
Carol
Carol
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Sure - though I am not a social butterfly in any sense of the world.

Lindy Witz
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Penpals,

I am a California native now living in " The Villages, Florida.

It is the largest senior community in the country.

People from all over the world come here.  It is a beautiful place to retire.

The Villages

Contributor

Hello, I am  currently live in Los Angeles, California but will be moving to Las Vegas, Nv. within the next month.  I know the timing is not the best to move but had been planned prior to our country's present situation.  I am 66 years old and love to talk, listen and have great conversation in person, phone and by e-mail.  It would be great to have a new friend to communicate with...Hopefully will hear from you soon..Heart

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi Lena, My name is David, Married and we live in New York.
We are both in our 70's
You love to talk, so talk to me or ask me questions.

Stay safe, David
David Eig
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi - Am not real "techy" and not sure if I'm doing this right but would love to have a pen pal - I wrote that I am retired in Orange County, Ca., but from the east coast (originally Philly).  Been to Fla. a few times (have a friend in Marco Island) and like the state.  I live in a townhouse near the beach. If you  would like to continue writing, please reply.  Hope to hear from you.    

Periodic Contributor

Who was your note intended for? 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I have no idea what you are talking about.  Wish I could help.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

wish you could help too. I am bewildered. all pen pals welcomer though. 73 in TN

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

got a message wondering who my note was jntended for.  dont think i have posted but one note i quite sometime and it was to a penpal in CA. iif it went to someone else, my apolpgybut if you would like to be a pen pal too then that is fine. always open to new friends.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Am confused.  Do not know what note was sent or why.  Wish I could help.  I am a retired senior woman from Ca.  You can respond if you want.  

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

i am as much in the dark as you.  73 here disabled just looking for pen pals.  live in SE Tennessee. all writers welcome.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Live in Texas love having Pen Pals 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

nice to hear from you.  i have some friends a relatives in TX.  traveled thru there many times while trucking coast to coast.  I am 73 disabled in assisted living. former trucker and musician. love the old country and western swing, fishing, crossword puzzles and comedy shows.  do a bit of reading too.  mostly american history. I am also a USMC vet of viet nam.  hope to hear from you soon.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hope you got my answer (gave some info re: myself). 

Regular Contributor

I will try and write you this way so hope you get this.  I went to a college in Murfreesboro (Nashville), transferred to New England college, now in So. Ca.  Am an east-coaster at heart (born/raised in Philly).  You?

Regular Contributor

Got `your message today. I am very familiar with Murfreesboro and Nashville. MTSC is a good school. I am TN born/raised just 2 hour drive thru the mountains to get there. Retired now, 73 living just north of Chattanooga. love crosswords, playing keyboards and dabbling with songwriting. Hope to hear from you soon.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Dear Claire,

We're having a bit of trouble connecting via this site.  It does get confusing and difficult to find what's what.  I do hope you will check your private messages as I have sent you a couple and I do want to continue our communication.  Please send me a note.  Thank you!!!

@co84506256 wrote:

Hi - Am not real "techy" and not sure if I'm doing this right but would love to have a pen pal - I wrote that I am retired in Orange County, Ca., but from the east coast (originally Philly).  Been to Fla. a few times (have a friend in Marco Island) and like the state.  I live in a townhouse near the beach. If you  would like to continue writing, please reply.  Hope to hear from you.    

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi c084506256....I am delighted to hear from you!!!  How are you doing in Orange County?

I'd love to hear about you and hope we can become friends.  I am 64 and moved to The Villages, Florida in 2015.  I do miss California...but too expensive.

Thank you for writing.

@co84506256 wrote:

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi!

Used to live in FL (for about ten years in Miami) then mved to CA in 1992.  Retired in 2018 from teaching high school English and now teach online.  My name is Sharon, and I have a dog and recently went through construction on my home to add two baths and an upstairs bedroom.  Live in Riverside County.

So tell me how you are filling your retirement hours.  This quarantine in CA has really limited outside activity and cut off lots of what I enjoyed-- like Yoga classes. So let me know what you are up. Look forward to hearing from you.  Sharon

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Sharon in Riverside, CA.  Nice to receive your post.  So you moved from Miami to California in 1992.  I didn't want to leave California but....maybe someday I'll be able to visit again.

Your construction project will give you a lot more room.  Do you plan on having lots of visitors or family living with you?  Do you miss your teaching career?  I don't miss working...I was worn out by the time I left.   Hope you will write back. 

@SharonC504425 wrote:

Hi!

Used to live in FL (for about ten years in Miami) then mved to CA in 1992.  Retired in 2018 from teaching high school English and now teach online.  My name is Sharon, and I have a dog and recently went through construction on my home to add two baths and an upstairs bedroom.  Live in Riverside County.

So tell me how you are filling your retirement hours.  This quarantine in CA has really limited outside activity and cut off lots of what I enjoyed-- like Yoga classes. So let me know what you are up. Look forward to hearing from you.  Sharon

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi - I believe you answered a pen pal inquiry of mine but I have just now seen it.  I don't know if you are still interested in on line or snail mail "letters" but if you are, please reply.  I wrote initially that I am retired, living in Orange Co., Ca. but from the east coast.  Have little to no family here but enjoy interaction with people in general.  Hope to hear from you soon. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP