Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Regular Contributor

Hope you got my answer (gave some info re: myself). 

Regular Contributor

I will try and write you this way so hope you get this.  I went to a college in Murfreesboro (Nashville), transferred to New England college, now in So. Ca.  Am an east-coaster at heart (born/raised in Philly).  You?

Regular Contributor

Got `your message today. I am very familiar with Murfreesboro and Nashville. MTSC is a good school. I am TN born/raised just 2 hour drive thru the mountains to get there. Retired now, 73 living just north of Chattanooga. love crosswords, playing keyboards and dabbling with songwriting. Hope to hear from you soon.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Dear Claire,

We're having a bit of trouble connecting via this site.  It does get confusing and difficult to find what's what.  I do hope you will check your private messages as I have sent you a couple and I do want to continue our communication.  Please send me a note.  Thank you!!!

@co84506256 wrote:

Hi - Am not real "techy" and not sure if I'm doing this right but would love to have a pen pal - I wrote that I am retired in Orange County, Ca., but from the east coast (originally Philly).  Been to Fla. a few times (have a friend in Marco Island) and like the state.  I live in a townhouse near the beach. If you  would like to continue writing, please reply.  Hope to hear from you.    

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi c084506256....I am delighted to hear from you!!!  How are you doing in Orange County?

I'd love to hear about you and hope we can become friends.  I am 64 and moved to The Villages, Florida in 2015.  I do miss California...but too expensive.

Thank you for writing.

@co84506256 wrote:

Hi - Am not real "techy" and not sure if I'm doing this right but would love to have a pen pal - I wrote that I am retired in Orange County, Ca., but from the east coast (originally Philly).  Been to Fla. a few times (have a friend in Marco Island) and like the state.  I live in a townhouse near the beach. If you  would like to continue writing, please reply.  Hope to hear from you.    

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi!

Used to live in FL (for about ten years in Miami) then mved to CA in 1992.  Retired in 2018 from teaching high school English and now teach online.  My name is Sharon, and I have a dog and recently went through construction on my home to add two baths and an upstairs bedroom.  Live in Riverside County.

So tell me how you are filling your retirement hours.  This quarantine in CA has really limited outside activity and cut off lots of what I enjoyed-- like Yoga classes. So let me know what you are up. Look forward to hearing from you.  Sharon

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Sharon in Riverside, CA.  Nice to receive your post.  So you moved from Miami to California in 1992.  I didn't want to leave California but....maybe someday I'll be able to visit again.

Your construction project will give you a lot more room.  Do you plan on having lots of visitors or family living with you?  Do you miss your teaching career?  I don't miss working...I was worn out by the time I left.   Hope you will write back. 

@SharonC504425 wrote:

Hi!

Used to live in FL (for about ten years in Miami) then mved to CA in 1992.  Retired in 2018 from teaching high school English and now teach online.  My name is Sharon, and I have a dog and recently went through construction on my home to add two baths and an upstairs bedroom.  Live in Riverside County.

So tell me how you are filling your retirement hours.  This quarantine in CA has really limited outside activity and cut off lots of what I enjoyed-- like Yoga classes. So let me know what you are up. Look forward to hearing from you.  Sharon

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi - I believe you answered a pen pal inquiry of mine but I have just now seen it.  I don't know if you are still interested in on line or snail mail "letters" but if you are, please reply.  I wrote initially that I am retired, living in Orange Co., Ca. but from the east coast.  Have little to no family here but enjoy interaction with people in general.  Hope to hear from you soon. 

Periodic Contributor

Hello,

I may have answered your "pen pal" inquiry on the AARP website, but I don't know your name and I don't remember when it was, so you'll have to help me out a little if you want me to respond again.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Sounds like a place I'd love!!! Is it expensive to live there? Just a range will do wih\thout getting to personal.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Conversationalist do you live in California?
Regular Contributor

Not sure if I'm the "Conversationalist" but, yes, I live in Orange County, Ca. Originally from Philly in the east, retired, in my 70's but healthy, a woman, (not looking for a date  =^..^=)  Just friendship/conversation/love getting to know other people.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Not any more....moved to "The Villages", Florida!
Contributor

Hi I have been to the villages and it is a very nice place.I visit several times a year. I have friends that live in Oxford just outside ocala.
Gold Conversationalist

Welcome rr19965105,
Thank you for posting a comment.
Please send me a message if you'd like to be penpals!
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello, I would love to become a pen pal friend as well with anyone.
Periodic Contributor

Hello again,

I just, a few minuites ago sent a message out requesting pen pals and how do we communicate by email? I forgot to list my age. my BD is 9/19/36.

Betty S

0 Kudos
Contributor

That sounds like a great idea to me! I am getting to the point where I have lost contact with so many of my friends and people I have known, and find they have gone on.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi       I love the pen pal idea. I'm also doing the pen pal by snail mail for about 3 years now and love it. I live in Florida and would love to pen pal by email so how do we do that for those who are interested?

My interests include reading, writing (short story, poetry, other) and cook. interesting conversation. simi retired from Real Estate (before I was ready, due to the downed economy) so It's important for me to stay in touch with humanity.

Sincerely,

Betty S

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Bettys1,

Where do you live in Florida?  I'm in Central Florida.

You can send me a note and it will go to my Inbox.

Hope to hear from you soon!

BEACH.jpg

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi ....

Thanks for suggesting such a positive idea!

... Count me in and Sign me up !!

Your "Thank You" graphics are beautiful!

Periodic Contributor

Hi all. I think it would be interesting to have someone i can laugh, joke and live with. Making friends can be strange at times.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would love to talk to you Ursula! Anytime! My name is Gary. I am 72 years old. I don’t like the term “old”. I would like to be refered as 72 years of “experience”. LoL Talking about everything is what I like to do.

Regular Contributor

Hi Gary,

I am 20 miles from movies, malls. I'm in a senior comm. I like the

country. We have parks lakes,trails,pools and 50 clubs and all kinds

of trips. I like music also. I watch the movies on Prime. I love old

movies especially Bette Davies   Bette said Old age isn't for sissies. 

I like what she said. Watching old movie Murider My Sweet and this

guy is describing a woman's looks and he said she had a face like a

bucket of mud! Gee that is like so bad! I wonder if not so nice looking 

people hired for their plain looks feel bad deep down? They get

paid well maybe it doesn't matter. Please tell  me about you Gary.

Do you have any children? Have a nice nignt!

Regular Contributor

What's up Gary? Hope you are having a nice week-end. I thought you might like this ytube Jim Nabors singing The Impossible Dream.

It is excellent!  I will be waiting  with bated breath to see if you like

It  LoL God Bless Gary!

Aggie 

Periodic Contributor

Agnes,

Good Sunday Morning Coming Down!

Sorry for the delay, but I hate having to sign in every time to reply! 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Here is a reply to my goofy post about plain looking stars. I worry

quite a bit about others feelings. I hate to see anyone hurt. Don

Knotts and the guy who played Gomer Pyle were really picked on.

The Gomer character has a  beautiful singing voice! Everyone

has good attributes and something to contribute.Giving  myself a 

kudo not to  be arrogant but to celebrate all people. God Bless!

eally  picked on

p

p

Regular Contributor

Hi Agnes

I see your meaning. I have noticed that more movies, tv shows have actors that resemble more of the common people  I mean that it's not  just the models, or most handsome men getting roles.  Even handicapped are there.  I can relate more to them. I recently commented that the English , Australian shows have more seniors in their scripts.  So,  Kudos to your point, everyone, no matter age, looks, size, there is talent there.

Marianne

Regular Contributor

Marianne you put that  very nicely.  It is true that  foreign TV seems

to use more common characters. Life is more about everyday people 

anyway. Remember the Donna Reed and Leave It to Beaver shows?

The woman  always  cleaned with a pretty dress on, hair in a French

twist and perfect  make-up. So unreal!  Lol

Agģie

B

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Agnes, I never looked like those moms when I raised a family... I looked bedraggled.. lol.  I was the last one I looked after.  But I survived and the kids turned out just fine.... That is why my children are angels to me now!!!

Marianne

0 Kudos