Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Recognized Social Butterfly

PARKING LOT AMUSEMENT

Parking Garage Amusement

I pride myself on being pleasant to everyone whom I encounter, but I must admit that I am a bit more effusive when I interact with women. It’s not a genetic trait. I learned that skill from watching my father, the maestro of flirtatious wit, engage with his female high school students.

My wife and I recently bought a cherry red CV-5 Mazda. There is an identical one in our Leisure Heritage condo parking area. I had not met the owner until yesterday at the end of my walk. She happened to be a young lady. She was in the process of getting something from the back of her car. I didn’t intend to talk to her because I was beginning to get dehydrated from my grueling walk.  But I couldn’t help myself.  A couple of coincidences occurred simultaneously.

First, I noticed that she wore a flamboyant red dress that exactly matched the color of the Mazda: then she retrieved from the car a bright red plum. What a tableaux!

I quipped that she was making quite a fashion statement with all those vibrant reds juxtaposed. I don’t know if her face reddened because she was wearing a mask, but she was a little flustered. She said that the color ensemble was “unintentional.” I tongue-in-cheek replied, “Sure, I believe you.” She then chuckled and drove away.

I hope that I somehow made her day with my lighthearted comments: I know that she made mine. Sometimes, father knows best.

schlomo
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP