Recognized Social Butterfly

PARKING LOT AMUSEMENT

Parking Garage Amusement

I pride myself on being pleasant to everyone whom I encounter, but I must admit that I am a bit more effusive when I interact with women. It’s not a genetic trait. I learned that skill from watching my father, the maestro of flirtatious wit, engage with his female high school students.

My wife and I recently bought a cherry red CV-5 Mazda. There is an identical one in our Leisure Heritage condo parking area. I had not met the owner until yesterday at the end of my walk. She happened to be a young lady. She was in the process of getting something from the back of her car. I didn’t intend to talk to her because I was beginning to get dehydrated from my grueling walk.  But I couldn’t help myself.  A couple of coincidences occurred simultaneously.

First, I noticed that she wore a flamboyant red dress that exactly matched the color of the Mazda: then she retrieved from the car a bright red plum. What a tableaux!

I quipped that she was making quite a fashion statement with all those vibrant reds juxtaposed. I don’t know if her face reddened because she was wearing a mask, but she was a little flustered. She said that the color ensemble was “unintentional.” I tongue-in-cheek replied, “Sure, I believe you.” She then chuckled and drove away.

I hope that I somehow made her day with my lighthearted comments: I know that she made mine. Sometimes, father knows best.

schlomo
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Make Your Move Contest 2021

Enter Today! Ends 10/22/2021. See Official Rules

Trick or teat yourself to a howlin' good time at the Daybreaker Live: A Monster Mash-Up Dance Party, Presented by AARP on Saturday, October 16 from 11am-1pm ET. Register Here! Daybreaker Live: a Monster Mash-Up Dance Party

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health