LDS Dancing with

DARLENE BINGHAM

at Michelle's Mountain Magic

in November, 2019 at an

elevation higher than 6,250’.

--
You may call 1415/343-LEW5 at any San Francisco time
but it's best between 1:30 and 3:30 Sun or Moon,
i.e., 10:30-Noon12:30 and 22:30-00:30 GMT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Regular Contributor

In the Social dance community, we are not “amazing” at all. We're not at all unusual. In fact, we're quite ordinary.

For about thirty years, Darlene and I have danced together as often as thrice a year, usually only twice so we're not as good together as we would otherwise be.

Any dancing is good, @Rhymesometimes, even Zumba. Social Dancing is arguably the most healthful of physical activities. Good to know you're joining us.

--

View solution in original post

Social Butterfly

@LewDSerbin  So amazing! I want to age like that. Inspiring me to get on my dancing shoes and take a class.  For now, that's Zumba.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

In the Social dance community, we are not “amazing” at all. We're not at all unusual. In fact, we're quite ordinary.

For about thirty years, Darlene and I have danced together as often as thrice a year, usually only twice so we're not as good together as we would otherwise be.

Any dancing is good, @Rhymesometimes, even Zumba. Social Dancing is arguably the most healthful of physical activities. Good to know you're joining us.

--

Regular Contributor

Because this is a picture, the two linked URLS don't work but they're below.

OPD.png

Michelle's Mountain Magic

OLD PEOPLE DANCING

--

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@LewDSerbin Glad to know there is a whole community out there that stays active by dancing.  I would say by "average American senior" standards you are exceptional.  How many seniors can spin like you!?   Keep a song in your heart, and a spring 🕺in your step!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

“I remember you” the young woman said as we went to the floor. “You're the guy who spins!” Well, yeah, and I'm rather proud of that but many old people, especially women, spin much better than I.

I fear you mis-interpreted community as being old people. I should have said the social dance community that includes pre-adolescents (you might have heard of Benji Schwimmer) as well as people in their 90s and I even saw a 100-year old Carolina Shag dancer give a very brief performance in Smyrna.

Only a few of us don't dance with everybody. I'll dance with anyone who asks and I make it a point to dance with the unusual person, the one who appears different — ancestry or very short/tall/thin/fat/old/young — or to not “belong”. And, of course, beginners and champions.

--

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP