Community Manager
Community Manager

Name a Feel-good Word

Name a feel-good word that you don’t often hear/read/speak but tickles the ear or grabs your attention when you do.

Let’s have a little fun! Name a word that puts a spring in your step, causes you to crack a smile or amuses the mind. 

Extra credit to those who wish to explain their word choice or answers in the form of a sentence!

I’ll get us started… One of my favorite words that I don’t hear often is “exuberant”, and it makes me smile because it aptly describes all three of my dogs in the morning.

Contributor

I choose the word sweet, it just makes me feel good when I say it, hear it or taste it.😁

Honored Social Butterfly

My feel-good word is:  Effervescence!

This word has two distinct meanings.  First, effervescence means

the property of forming bubbles;  the bubbling of a solution due to the escape of gas.  But it is the secondary definition of effervescence that makes it a "feel-good" word for me; that definition being--"having an appealingly  lively quality or having a vivacious and enthusiastic personality."

vivacious and enthusiastic.
Social Butterfly

@AARPLynne wrote:

Name a feel-good word that you don’t often hear/read/speak but tickles the ear or grabs your attention when you do.

Let’s have a little fun! Name a word that puts a spring in your step, causes you to crack a smile or amuses the mind. 

Extra credit to those who wish to explain their word choice or answers in the form of a sentence!

I’ll get us started… One of my favorite words that I don’t hear often is “exuberant”, and it makes me smile because it aptly describes all three of my dogs in the morning.

Great word, @AARPLynne !

I'd write "excellent"; we heard this often in the 60s; then as teen "tweet" in the 70s; then lost its cache; now we seldom do, although it is indicative of our front-line health care workers, I think...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good ones, @WebWiseWoman! And how about "cool"😎

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Loving because it makes everything better when you're loving someone, yourself, and/or things.

Proud because when you tell someone you're proud of them it makes them feel awesome as well as someone telling you the same.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Beautiful sentiment, @ChefKimba!

Recognized Social Butterfly

TINGLING

schlomo
Community Manager
Community Manager

@schlomo, "tingling" that sounds invigorating!

0 Kudos

Serendipity

It's so full of possibilities, and it's fun to say!

Social Butterfly

Poem

Cocktails

Oriented.  I like this one because when people say orientated it hurts my ears. Both are correct but when someone says oriented it's one fewer time I have to hear orientated.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync Now.

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health