Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Name a Feel-good Word

Name a feel-good word that you donโ€™t often hear/read/speak but tickles the ear or grabs your attention when you do.

Letโ€™s have a little fun! Name a word that puts a spring in your step, causes you to crack a smile or amuses the mind. 

Extra credit to those who wish to explain their word choice or answers in the form of a sentence!

Iโ€™ll get us startedโ€ฆ One of my favorite words that I donโ€™t hear often is โ€œexuberantโ€, and it makes me smile because it aptly describes all three of my dogs in the morning.

Contributor

I choose the word sweet, it just makes me feel good when I say it, hear it or taste it.๐Ÿ˜

Honored Social Butterfly

My feel-good word is:  Effervescence!

This word has two distinct meanings.  First, effervescence means

the property of forming bubbles;  the bubbling of a solution due to the escape of gas.  But it is the secondary definition of effervescence that makes it a "feel-good" word for me; that definition being--"having an appealingly  lively quality or having a vivacious and enthusiastic personality."

vivacious and enthusiastic.
Regular Social Butterfly

@AARPLynne wrote:

Name a feel-good word that you donโ€™t often hear/read/speak but tickles the ear or grabs your attention when you do.

Letโ€™s have a little fun! Name a word that puts a spring in your step, causes you to crack a smile or amuses the mind. 

Extra credit to those who wish to explain their word choice or answers in the form of a sentence!

Iโ€™ll get us startedโ€ฆ One of my favorite words that I donโ€™t hear often is โ€œexuberantโ€, and it makes me smile because it aptly describes all three of my dogs in the morning.

Great word, @AARPLynne !

I'd write "excellent"; we heard this often in the 60s; then as teen "tweet" in the 70s; then lost its cache; now we seldom do, although it is indicative of our front-line health care workers, I think...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€

Good ones, @WebWiseWoman! And how about "cool"๐Ÿ˜Ž

Regular Contributor

Loving because it makes everything better when you're loving someone, yourself, and/or things.

Proud because when you tell someone you're proud of them it makes them feel awesome as well as someone telling you the same.

Beautiful sentiment, @ChefKimba!

Recognized Social Butterfly

TINGLING

schlomo

@schlomo, "tingling" that sounds invigorating!

Contributor

Serendipity

It's so full of possibilities, and it's fun to say!

Social Butterfly

Poem

Cocktails

Oriented.  I like this one because when people say orientated it hurts my ears. Both are correct but when someone says oriented it's one fewer time I have to hear orientated.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP