Highlighted

Re: Milestone Birthdays: How Do You Celebrate?

Message 11 of 14

I had my first ever birthday party last week for my 50th. It was incredible. I grew up in a cult that did not allow for birthday celebrations so this was a huge deal for me.  My husband rented a boat, invited 50 of my friends. I never knew how wonderful celebrating could be. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Retired Community Manager

Message 12 of 14

Thank you. I'm a big fan of "experience gifts" too. It sounds like you and your husband have shared many amazing experience gifts of your own. I especially love the hidden waterfall oasis in the desert. That sounds so wonderful! May you and your husband have many more of these in your future!

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 14

@VickiM68wrote:

This year my father turns 90 and I turn 50. As neither of us has really celebrated any new decade birthday with any special events, I thought it was time. I'll be throwing my dad a surprise party with all his friends and family nearby along with gifting him several things he may or may not know he wants. For me, I'll be taking a solo trip to Africa for 6 weeks to go on my first safari, see Victoria Falls, and enjoy a winery tour day trip on the actual date.

What have been some of your memorable milestone birthdays? What did you do and who were you with? What do you want to do for your next milestone birthday?

@VickiM68  I love the line "gifting him several things he may or may not know he wants." 🙂

Happy milestone birthday to both you and your father! I like your celebration plans. May you both great joy. 🙂

Hubby and I have long celebrated birthdays with an 'experience gift'. For his 40th we climbed Mt Whitney, for example. That endeavor took a year's worth of planning and physical training, so we share the memories of the year-long endeavor, plus, of course, the thrill of the summit. We've spent special days camped out at a hidden waterfall oasis in the desert. We peddled 100 miles together as a milestone celebration. So I like your plan to gift yourself with experiences that you will not soon forget. Kudos to you!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Highlighted
Retired Community Manager

Milestone Birthdays: How Do You Celebrate?

Message 14 of 14

This year my father turns 90 and I turn 50. As neither of us has really celebrated any new decade birthday with any special events, I thought it was time. I'll be throwing my dad a surprise party with all his friends and family nearby along with gifting him several things he may or may not know he wants. For me, I'll be taking a solo trip to Africa for 6 weeks to go on my first safari, see Victoria Falls, and enjoy a winery tour day trip on the actual date.

What have been some of your memorable milestone birthdays? What did you do and who were you with? What do you want to do for your next milestone birthday?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Take Pen Pal Safety Precautions:
Learn more.

Top Authors