Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Milestone Birthdays: How Do You Celebrate?

Message 1 of 14
I only celebrated when I became 50 years old which has been some time ago. After that, I let the world going its own way. I do not worry about the future. Whatever will be, will be (Lo que sera sera). Magic words by Doris Day one of my favorites singers.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

This year i will be 60, a younger sister will be 55, and the youngest of 10, will turn 50 years young. So we are taking a cruise to the Bahamas in July. I'm looking forward to making memories. First time we're taking a trip like this.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

@sneekycheeky  Good for you - I hope you enjoy every minute of your retirement!  

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

65/66  i left work on friday @65 employed ,woke up saturday @66 retired. haven't had an inkling to back work. let the milennials do it. #love it 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

My first "milestone" birthday was when I turned 16.  Previous to that, my parents always had one birthday party for both my brother and for me, since our birthdays are 3 days apart (I'm three years older).  When I turned "sweet 16" I actually had my own party.  Relatives were invited. My mother baked a beatiful cake for me and put it on the dining room table.  When it came time for my cake, we realized that the cake had disappeared.  My large Dalmation dog had eaten the whole thing!  

Then for my 70th birthday, my older son made a surprise party for me at a local restaurant and invited many of my close friends.  Relatives flew in from the other side of the country.  I decided not to go, as I didn't realize it was a surprise party - I thought that my husband and sone were just taking me out for dinner.  They had to tell me that it was my surprise party.  When I walked into the hall, I pretended I was surprised.  However I had a great time.  

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

On my 35th birthday my children and my husband planned a surprise birthday  for me and i almost missed it. My husband took me out in the morning for a brunch. I was enjoying the day so much shopping and everything, i wasn't ready to go home. Finally at about 3, he said he was tired and we went home. My children met me at the door with '' HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM''  They ranged from 16yrs. old to 3.  Last yr. my children planned an 80th. surprise birthday party for me and i nearly missed it again. Was out all day helping a friend move, Thank goodness for cell phones, my car broke down, and i had to call one of my sons for help, he came and picked me up, had to go home get changed to go to this hall where they had this wonderful surprise. Have no idea how but they found some old friends i hadn't seen in years. Plus all my''3 '' sisters were in on the plot. That was a truly '' Milestone birthday''

Planned by my ''6 sons and 3 daughters''

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

@AngelaW764899

That sounds like a fabulous celebration! Happy belated birthday!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

Mine will be when and if I reach 100, but I hope I will still be able to remember it!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

My 94th brithday is coming up in one week and I plan to spend it with my husband doing  wine tours in the Texas Hill Country, visiting relatives in New Braunfels which share a birthday week with me, and visiting a doctor friend and his wife who raise Peruvian Paso horse ( I used to breed, show and sell therm as well).  I feel great, have no medical problems amd am excited about the future !!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

First was my 32 birthday..a year after being diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. Family and friends threw me a surprise birthday party.

Next was my 50th birthday... turning a "half a centry" at the "turn of the century".. celebrated with friends and family. Celebrating a birthday, as we entered ino a *new* century, was different!

Kudos
Views