Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Looking for some good shows to binge-watch?

Retired Community Manager

Looking for some good shows to binge-watch?

Looking for some good shows to binge-watch? Find out which TV programs are worth your time and attention by reviewing the latest edition of What to Watch on TV This Week.

What are you watching?

Has anyone seen the Finnish crime drama, Bordertown, on Netflix? It's dubbed in English which makes the main character, Kari Sorjonen, even more quirky. Give it a try!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Also on Netflix -

Just finished Season 3 of The Crown. (All 3 seasons are available.) Season 3 has replaced the younger actors with age appropriate ones. Josh O'Connor (The Durrells in Corfu) was a great choice for Prince Charles.

If you like suspence, watch Pine Gap Season 1. Another spy thriller.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos

@MaVolta, I've been waiting for just the right time to watch the current season of The Crown (which btw I can't stop calling The Queen!...). Thanks for suggesting Pine Gap that sounds like my kind of series.

Honored Social Butterfly

Anyone out there like spy thrillers?

On Amazon Prime:  Jack Ryan (3 seasons)

On Netflix:  Secret City (2 seasons)

I'm looking for more like these!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Contributor

Heartland

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Nothing is worth binge watching.  It is a waste of valuable time.  Get out and volunteer and make a difference!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

If I'm awake in the middle of the night, I'm not volunteering anywhere. There's no better time than the wee hours of the day to tune into shows that I'd feel guilty watching for three hours straight in the middle of a bright and sunshiny day. But there's not much worth binging, I'd agree.

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

If binge-watching eases your stress during this time...binge-watch. If you are even able to volunteer and it fulfills you to do so...volunteer. Don't let a stranger online tell you what is best for you to do in your spare time to get through this stressful time. Stress reduces your resistance to illness. Just be calm, wash your hands, keep your distance from others and be safe and well. We are all in this together!

Regular Social Butterfly

Interesting reply.

I "binge watch" several programs that repeat entire seasons before season finale, while volunteering at food bank and vets' village throughout the program's broadcast season; so maybe binge watching isn't what you think it is, nor as much of a "waste of valuable time" as you state, @2Papa ?

Maybe think before you type?

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Contributor

Designated Survivor on Netflix.  There are 3 Seasons.  Start with Season 1, Episode 1 and you'll be hooked!

Conversationalist

My favorite show is Ghost Adventures and Deal Files.  I have learned so much on both of those shows.  On Dead files, Amy talks about the corridors of Aliens and the Corridors of the non living.  They actually can be side by side, or in a different spot in your yard.  The living might not even be aware and walk thru it and would disappear and not know how to go back.  Sounds like the missing 411 to me. Ghost Adventures is exciting to me because they all really try to find Evidence of Ghosts and they do and it's on camera.  Like shadow people, they wander our planet and I believe they are from another dimension.  They aren't nice at all, it's best to move from your location, they don't follow you.

The other one I enjoy is Contact, which is a new one but showing how UFOs are around all the volcanoes  around our world.  They were just talking about South America, they have over 400 volcanoes and there are more and more clusters of UFOS landing and submerging in lakes, all on camera.  It was so fascinating.  I do believe in UFOs because I have seen them in Hawaii.

Another show I like is Josh Gates in something Undiscovered.  He's an anthropologist and loves trying to find out the truth about anything, like finding Giants in Peru!  They found a set of bones of a man who was nine feet tall!

He had a really big head.  Sounds like Bigfoot to me.  And yes, there are BIgfoots around Virginia, State of Washington, Oregon, Montana, Georgia, pretty much where there is dense forest.

I do like comedy so I go on Netflix for comedy shows and laugh my head off.

Regular Contributor

I LOVE to watch the Drain The Oceans programs on National Geographic.  Sometimes a few come on back to back for hours of viewing.  It doesn't matter how many times I've seen them, I still feel like I see something I missed the last time. 

For laughs, I could watch all the old episodes of MASH and laugh all over again.

Periodic Contributor

Cheers on Amazon Prime, started with season 1........hilarious

Contributor

If you are a Ted Dansen fan, look for "Becker". He plays a curmugenly Bronx doctor. IMO its funnier than Cheers.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Longmire

Contributor

i love binge watching BONES....

Contributor

I just started binge watching Bones AGAIN!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP