Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Re: Living and Loving Agelessly: A Conversation with Dian Griesel

Message 11 of 29

My spouse recently passed and I'm looking to connect with others in the community. Where would be a good place to start?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Age Disruptor
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 29

@sharongreenthal  I'm so happy to hear that you are embracing this exciting time. Many will benefit from reading your important perspectives on reinvention!  

Dian Griesel AKA @SilverDisobedience
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 29

I am enjoying my 50's, a decade when I left my job as a stay-at-home mom behind and rediscovered my love of writing. The freedom to focus on myself and my marriage has made me very happy, and I've learned to say "no" to people, events, and thoughts that don't work for me. To me, reinvention isn't necessarily about one's career, but about refocusing and rediscovering myself as someone beyond a wife and mother. It's been exciting!

Kudos
Views
Age Disruptor
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 29

@c417168f  Some children's books don't have any words at all.  So, I'd recommend: 1) Use google to spell check the book   2) If you have pictures get them in the best shape you can.  3) You then will need someone to help you design an e-book or paperback.  Seach sites like Fiverr.com and put in "Design My ebook"    Tons of artists from all over the world will show up.  Choose one that fits your budget and whose style you like.  Then, you can decide what format you want:  Ebook or paperback.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 29
I am almost 73. Wrote a childs book geared to 1 yr olds. DI'd what the copywriter office said to do. Waited 4 months and notified me it can not be covered as there needs to be a certain amount of words. And I do not have that. There are only a few words on each page. It's teaching 1 yr old about fruits and the different colors of those fruits. Do I have a way to sell my book on line without a copywriter. It's 11 small pages. Thanks Regards Cathy
Kudos
Views
Age Disruptor
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 29

Hi @c417168f   I don't make decisions for Wilhelmina.  However, you can go to the Willy Scouts section of their website and go through the submission process.  It is very specific--so don't spend any money first!   Regarding writing a book, If you have one complete, you can search online for a list of literary agents, or the types of publishers that publish children's books.  Another option is self publishing via Amazon Kindle Direct --which does give you the option to publish in paperback format.   Good luck! Go for it! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 29

I am almost 73   I would like to know how I can get associated with Whilelmina.  Also u writs a childs book geared to 1 yr olds.  Applied for a copywriter   after months the notified me. The nm book dies not have enough words to be covered under any copywriter  how can I  maybe print n sell this book  perhaps on line  thanks n God bless.  Your hair is great. Mine is almost all grey. Regards 

Cathy 

Kudos
Views
Age Disruptor
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 29

Hi@bh2849 Thanks for using my name and rock in the same sentence! To get things done, there are a few rules I try to follow. For example, if I’m answering social media comments— I’m usually exercising too, while walking on my treadmill desk. Another thing I do is I still use an old-fashioned tickler system. I have a page a day and write down what has to be done that day. If at the end of the day something is not done— I ask whether it really has to be done— or if I can scrap that idea.  So that’s kind of how I prioritize. Lastly, I admit that I keep meals pretty simple around our house...I save the chef-style cooking for restaurants! 

Kudos
Views
Age Disruptor
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 29

Hi@bh2849 Thanks for using my name and rock in the same sentence! To get things done, there are a few rules I try to follow. For example, if I’m answering social media comments— I’m usually exercising too, while walking on my treadmill desk. Another thing I do is I still use an old-fashioned tickler system. I have a page a day and write down what has to be done that day. If at the end of the day something is not done— I ask whether it really has to be done— or if I can scrap that idea.  So that’s kind of how I prioritize. Lastly, I admit that I keep meals pretty simple around our house...I save the chef-style cooking for restaurants! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 29

You rock, Dian!

When you do so much— writing, modeling, travel, tending a business, tending a family— how do you find time to tend to YOU?

Kudos
Views