Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Living and Loving Agelessly: A Conversation with Dian Griesel

Message 21 of 29

Getting to this stage of life is a bonus and I have been making the most of every minute, opening myself to new experiences. Retirement has given me the freedom to learn and grow and put myself first. I make every day the best it can possibly be. I am grateful. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Age Disruptor
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 29

I'm excited to be here and look forward to answering all the questions!

Dian Griesel AKA @SilverDisobedience
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 29

Thank you for offering this.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 29

Good morning and welcome, everyone! Now thru June 5, we’re joined by AARP Age Disruptor and special guest, Dian Griesel (@DianGriesel). Dian is here to take your questions on aging well, reinvention, and switching gears in midlife. Join the conversation by reply post. Thanks for being here!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 29

I found I am more rewarded at this stage of life more than in my youth of reinventing not so much what I do, as to findind sharper perspective on that I have done in over my 40'something years as an artist.

I approach new things as if I just done it for the first time, but we know that is not true,

Alex Alexander

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 29
  1. Reinventing yourself.  
  2. A mentor 
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 29

Reinventing yourself.  

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 29

Begins Wednesday!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Living and Loving Agelessly: A Conversation with Dian Griesel

Message 29 of 29

Welcome to the Online Community! Now thru June 5, we’re pleased to have join us AARP Age Disruptor and special guest, Dian Griesel (@DianGriesel). Dian—a successful author, model, actress, entrepreneur and influencer—created Silver Disobedience, a network of people who’ve come together around the theme of aging consciously. As she writes on her website, “Silver Disobedience has become the active rejection and disregard of the notion that getting older somehow equates to irrelevancy or obsolescence.” And that is very much in line with what AARP’s Disrupt Aging movement is all about.

DianGriesel_6051.JPGDian GrieselDian is here to take your questions on aging well, reinvention, and switching gears in midlife. She became a model for Wilhelmina, an agency that’s represented some of the most iconic faces in the entertainment industry, in her 50s. (Ask her how that happened!) And she’s also a social influencer. (What exactly IS an influencer?) To participate, simply ask a question by reply post!

Dian’s new book, “The Silver Disobedience Playbook,” is full of essays or meditations, as some call them, that are focused on living and loving agelessly. Her army of what are called Silver Disobedients know that our first 50 years of living made us stronger, smarter and wiser. They know that what retirement years once looked like is being re-written in real time. Dian is helping to redefine what “older” is through her @SilverDisobedience communities. She’s here to discuss our thoughts about aging and life. So join the conversation and share your wisdom. Thanks for being here!

Kudos
Views
Replies