Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leisure & Lifestyle Poll

• This poll was created on June 12, 2021.
  • Are you an outdoor person?
  • Or indoor?
  • Or both?
  • Lol, or neither? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Sounds like fun @LeeS4949 ! I bet Buster, Penny and Olivia ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ miss you. I am "assuming" they stay home? ๐Ÿค”

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Oh yes. Cant turn that trio loose on the world.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Outdoors for sure. I'm much more comfortable surrounded by trees instead of buildings. For me it's therapy. Put together a small pack,take off and walk,stop when I feel like it,build a fire and cook lunch. Maybe a short nap b4 I find my way back. One of the many wonderful things about retirement is now I can pick the days to do those trips. It would probably bore most people but nature is fascinating to me.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I enjoy getting outdoors to walk, especially around the neighborhood park. The wildflowers have been really nice this year. Right now, it's much too hot and humid, so it's indoors and exercising on the flex-step during the day. I enjoy watching the birds at the feeder, and splashing around in the bird bath. Early morning (and I'm not a morning person) or late evening, are the only times to be outside now. I love to get out in my garden when I can. This spring was really nice, and I got to plant some lovely flowers to enjoy this summer. I live in Austin, Tx. Cheers!

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MaVolta do you have any favorite flowers?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I'd have to say the Texas Bluebonnets are my favorite. They don't last very long, but a field of Bluebonnets mixed with coral Paintbrushes make a beautiful picture in the early spring.

DBF43A9B-DA33-45A3-A38F-12948307D9E3_1_201_a.jpeg395C3A2D-F9D5-42D8-91C7-CDEC6E037961_1_201_a.jpeg

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Anonymous
Not applicable

Luv the pictures @MaVolta !!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMonday - June 21, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Me, inside where the air is during the summer. And where the heat is during the winter. Use to luv being at the beach. Lol between hot flashes and old age, I now enjoy it on TV. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ I was never one for being outside in winter. Was born in Jamaica, West Indies and too cold for me.

Honored Social Butterfly

Indoors more as we get older. Do enjoy the outdoors, especially working in our yard and garden. Even getting out of town occasionally. We do have a nice view of mountains, live across the street from a park, and wildlife drops by also. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@williamb39198 wrote:

Indoors more as we get older. Do enjoy the outdoors, especially working in our yard and garden. Even getting out of town occasionally. We do have a nice view of mountains, live across the street from a park, and wildlife drops by also. 

๐Ÿ’ฅThank you @williamb39198 for stopping by to join our discussion. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ฅ

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 
Certainly, itโ€™s my pleasure. Good to take a look at other forums and topics on AARP. And always interesting to read about others experiences. 

Bronze Conversationalist

In the right weather, in the right clothes, in the right unspoiled, uncrowded location, I like being outdoors. If people would just stay away from forests, lakes, mountains, beaches, rivers, etc, if my back didn't hurt so much, I'd spend more time out in nature. 

Indoors I need a good view of nearby greenery, or a horizon of mountain ranges to be totally happy. Top pic is the view from my living room. 

Assignment 1aa-3Jan20submitted.png

Bottom pic is across the creek from me, just out of view to the left of the creek scene. In Winter I can see these big trees from my bedroom, but summer foliage along the creek obscures them.  Ooops, it posted sideways! LOL

Assignment1b-3Jan20.JPG

Social Butterfly

@DeahWA Looks so beautiful, tranquil and probably cool and breezy.  What a wonderful place to relax.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhymesometimes wrote:

@DeahWA Looks so beautiful, tranquil and probably cool and breezy.  What a wonderful place to relax.   

๐Ÿ’ฅI agree with you @Rhymesometimes !!!!๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP