From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Joining a helping hand circle

Message 1 of 3

@k833733a, in addition, you can look into volunteering in your AARP state office or with another AARP program. You'll find the Volunteer Interest Form by clicking here.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Joining a helping hand circle

Message 2 of 3

Hello, @k833733a, thank you for your wonderful post. Did you know that AARP helps facilitate volunteer opportunities in local communities? You can find volunteer opportunities near you based on your interests at Create the Good. Best of luck--let us know if you find something of interest to you!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Joining a helping hand circle

Message 3 of 3

I would like find or try to start a group within my community (in this case Merrimack) where the members are commited to helping each other. As an able bodied senior, I would be willing to help out other seniors or disabled persons. Ideally, it would be nice to have a large group with a lot of varied skills, so that we could help each other in a broad array of services. For example, there could be easy jobs like checking in on people, or calling on them to keep them engaged, or more strenuous jobs like helping with minor repairs or doing lawn work. Or if a person needs help on a temporary basis because of an injury, a group could be organized to take care of non-medical needs, like housecleaning or walking the dog.

Is there anyone who knows of a group or could help organize something like this? 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season