Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE, UPLIFTING, OR FUNNY TO SAY, LET'S HEAR IT!!!

Message 21 of 27

My 8 year old autistic grandson loves to eat toast for breakfast. He also likes to butter it himself. The other day he got upset while he was doing this. I asked him what was wrong and he said "that hard butter murdered my toast!"

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE, UPLIFTING, OR FUNNY TO SAY, LET'S HEAR IT!!!

Message 22 of 27

Appropriate for seniors, I heard a quote I love:  "Never regret getting older, it's a privilege denied to many."  So true.  As I age, I try to focus on the positive more and just trust God for the future.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 27

I recently listened to a TED talk that stated (in summary) "Who we really are is who we were before anyone or anything told us who we had to be."  

It's never too late to mull that over and make even a small change or plan that allows the inner you to be set free!  Try it for yourself; no one will do it for you!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 27

A panda walks into a bar and gobbles some beer nuts. Then he pulls out a gun, fires it in the air, and heads for the door. "Hey!" shouts the bartender, but the panda yells back, "I'm a panda. Google me!" Sure enough, panda: "A tree-climbing mammal with distinct black-and-white coloring. Eats shoots and leaves."

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 27

JOKE NUMBER 2:

Two men walk into a bar. You'd think at least one of them would have ducked.

(You know that was funny!)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 27

funny senior jokes
“My memory is gone Mildred, so I changed my password
to “Incorrect.” That way when I log in with the wrong password,
the computer will tell me… “Your password is incorrect.”

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE, UPLIFTING, OR FUNNY TO SAY, LET'S HEAR IT!!!

Message 27 of 27

Hello my fellow AARP members!

There is so much negative talk on this (our community boards) that I thought it would be nice to open up a message board were we can share some positive thoughts, encouraging stories, and uplifting experiences. 

Anything will do--a joke, a short story, some positive words just to give our fellow AARP members something to lift their spirits today. 

Kudos
Views
Replies