Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Info Seeker

Re: Halloween is coming. What/when do you do?

Message 11 of 23

We set up our front yard as a grave yard with several full size skeletons, about 20 gravemarkers, 15 animated figurines, 2 fog machines and a bunch of strobe lights.  Play scary music on the stereo, dress up the four dogs that we have and put on masks.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 12 of 23

Myself and two of my friends, design and build a haunted house for our town. It’s free and the kids and adults enjoy it every year. A lot of work but worth the screams. Lol

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 23

Check out the origins of Halloween in various encyclopedia's. Then believe the facts. Or what you want. People often do.... JW

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 23

Jannie wrote:

Halloween is a celibration of Satan!  We pray a lot and watch Christian oriented programs as much

as possible.  Christ has defeated Satan...it's just a matter of time before he will thrown into the firy furnace.

We each have the right to do what we wish.  I prefer to believe that this is a night to remember our dearly departed.

Halloween or Hallowe'en (a contraction of All Hallows' Evening),[5] also known as Allhalloween,[6] All Hallows' Eve,[7] or All Saints' Eve,[8] is a celebration observed in a number of countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It begins the three-day observance of Allhallowtide,[9] the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed.[10][11]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 15 of 23

rs59435044 wrote:

Decorate my front yard and dress up. Candy for the kids, sangria for the adults. I get kids from all over the area to visit my haunted yard.

Sounds good. I would love to see a pic!

Conversationalist

Message 16 of 23

Halloween is a celibration of Satan!  We pray a lot and watch Christian oriented programs as much

as possible.  Christ has defeated Satan...it's just a matter of time before he will thrown into the firy furnace.

Conversationalist

Message 17 of 23

We go to bed early as the lay-out of our Retirement Community doesn't attract children.

Many happy years of participating in other home locations, but now we save the money and the extra calories. Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 23

Decorate my front yard and dress up. Candy for the kids, sangria for the adults. I get kids from all over the area to visit my haunted yard.

Message 19 of 23

We do nothing, ever. Not our favorite holiday, so we ignore it, a luxury afforded us by geography and the fact that we do not have children or family close by. Yay! Smiley Happy

I do decorate for the harvest season, though. Love the colors, smells and symbols. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 20 of 23

2Papa wrote:

I’m leaving town!  👿👺👹👽☠️🎃🦉🐲. Too scary!

I love Halloween !   Love to see the kids all dressed up ! 👻