Silver Conversationalist

Favorite Actors/Actresses

I'm kind of old school.  My favorite actors growing up were Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda and Paul Newman.  Actresses were Katharine and Audrey Hepburn ( not related ) Bette Davis and Barbara Stanwyck.

More current:  Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Leonardo DiCaprio, Morgan Freeman, Matt Damon, Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Natalie Portman.

Conversationalist

For actors it is Jerry Lewis, John Wayne, Mike Connors as Mannix (all time tv favorite-still watch today on MEtv), Clint Eastwood (all time movie favorite), Robert De Niro, Sean Connery. Christopher Reeve, Pierce Brosnan, Liam Neeson, Bruce Willis, and Daniel Craig. For actresses it is Carol Lynley, Lynda Day George, Suzanne Pleshette, and more recently Natalie Portman, Judi Dench, Angelina Jolie, Cate Blanchett, Charlize Theron, Jennifer Connelly, and Jennifer Lawrence.

Silver Conversationalist

Steve the @postman29 , Clint Eastwood The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.  and True Grit with John Wayne  so good.  Million Dollar Baby with Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman and Hilary Swank excellent!  Ok, my list is getting longer, Wayne and Eastwood have to be added. Eastwood Director, Producer, Writer, Music score writer in addition to his amazing acting. I stand corrected  ---  Christine the limericker

Silver Conversationalist

Steve the @postman29 That's an interesting mix.  I don't get cable any more.  One of my favorite old tv series was Quincy md with Jack Klugman.   Does MEtv have that show on?  ---  Christine the limericker 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I haven't seen Quincy on MEtv recently. Good show though. Always liked Klugman, especially on The Odd Couple. Great shows like The Big Valley (Peter Breck was from my hometown, that whole cast was awesome), Cannon, and The Fugitive are on MEtv. Brings me back to my youth. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Steve the @postman29 Jack Klugman and Tony Randall, so good together.  Barbara Stanwyck awesome. Long acting career- she was one of the best.   A little crush on Lee Majors and the other two brothers.  Wanted to be Linda Evans and  Lindsay Wagner when I was young!

Time for a little reading and sudoku before bedtime. Take care,  Christine the limericker

Silver Conversationalist

Humphrey Bogart. Newer actors Denzel Washington, Hugh Grant has moved way up for his acting in The Undoing.

Silver Conversationalist

@Raynyky Can't believe I forgot Humphrey Bogart. Bogie and Bacall.  Classic couple. Favorite Bogart movie The African Queen with Katherine Hepburn.  Runner up Caine Mutiny, one of my hubbies favorites.   ---  Christine

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@Rhymesometimes Casablanca is my favorite. Ingrid Bergman getting on the plane. So many great lines in that movie 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@Raynyky Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walked into mine.  We'll always have Paris. Play it , Sam.  Louis, I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship. Doesn't get much better.  Though some think Citizen Kane best movie ever. Both superb!   ---  Christine

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@Rhymesometimes @Agree with Citizen Kane. You forgot Here’s looking at you kid. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@Raynyky  Can't believe I forgot that one.   ---  Christine

0 Kudos