Take the IQ Quiz: How Prepared Are You to Avoid Scams and Fraud? Earn Double Reward Points!

Conversationalist

Re: Do you have a special hobby or lifetime pursuit that means the world to you?

Message 1 of 24
Yummy! What a great hobby. I'm sure your customers are happy you chose baking.
Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Re: Do you have a special hobby or lifetime pursuit that means the world to you?

Message 2 of 24
Hi Info Seeker,

I hadn't heard of arm knitting until now. How interesting.
Conversationalist

Message 3 of 24
Hi Marilyn,

When you say you collect light houses, what size and type do you mean? I ask because I have some lighthouse-themed products left from the days when I was in the gift industry.
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 24

I collect Light Houses & Love to grow plants from seedlings/ also love to draw in charcoal / paint i water colors

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 24

I love Arts and Crafts. I also love Arm Knitting. I try to do hobbies to keep moving my fingers and arms to help with motions activities.

Conversationalist

Message 6 of 24

What a fantastic hobby! You benefit on so  many levels, and by sharing what you're doing, others get encouraged and benefit as well. Best wishes for travelling many more trails.

Conversationalist

Message 7 of 24

What a wonderful hobby! Many will benefit from your diligence, especially when you publish your guide. Best wishes.

Conversationalist

Message 8 of 24
Wonderful goal! Best wishes.
Conversationalist

Message 9 of 24

Since retiring I've become passionate about offering life story workshops locally (and soon online) for folks who want to write about their lives, but don't know where to start.

Our lives are full of experiences, adventures, and events that shaped who we are today. Unless we write about these events, they may be forgotten or never known by our families, children, and loved ones. In the Write Your Life Story, Two Pages at a Time, participants explore carefully selected life themes. My workshops are based on Guided Autobiography, a semi-structured process developed by Professor Emeritus James E. “Jim” Birren, the founding dean of the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology and an aging research pioneer considered by many to be the father of modern gerontology.

This program is open to those who want to capture their life stories to leave behind for their families or do a life review for themselves. No writing experience is required, written work will not be edited or critiqued, and there is no pressure to publish finished stories.

In this unique program, participants write from the heart on carefully-selected themes. Upon completion, they are amazed at what they were able to create. Most important, participants have a greater appreciation for their lives and those of others.

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 24

i took up cello about 10 years ago and now I play in solo recitals, group classes, and play in a semi-professional orchestra.  The last two years I took my string playing nephews (age 17 and 19) to Alaska to play with the Kenai Peninsula Orchestra!  It was a great musical bonding experience for all!  I even attended a cello camp in lancaster last summer and got to play with other adult amatuers!  fun!